mrcurtain
Explorer
Hi there,
My first retatrutide dose was on Halloween last year. I began at 260.2 pounds and now, roughly 4.5 months later, I'm at 192.6 pounds. Of course, I'm thrilled about how far I've come. Still, a part of me wonders whether I'm being too hard on my body. Not long ago I went from 4mg/week, which I'd been on for 2 months, up to 6mg/week. And the reason was pretty dumb - my weight stayed exactly the same for a single week! Big deal! Looking back, that excuse was pretty weak, and I think what I really wanted was to see if it would calm the slightly stronger appetite I'd been having. I've now been at 6mg for just over 3 weeks, and I'm fine staying put here for as long as I can. That said, how quickly the weight is coming off worries me a bit, and I question whether I'm overdoing it.
The toughest thing about all this is that cooking actual meals is basically impossible for me. My roommates are a couple, and the kitchen is essentially theirs, so squeezing in cooking time or finding room for ingredients would be a huge headache. So my diet isn't great. I'm concerned I might not be getting the nutrition I need, even though I make an effort to eat real food every few days to balance things out. At least no loose skin seems to be forming, but at this pace I'm definitely losing muscle.
I know I've rambled a bit, but I was hoping to hear what others think. Have you, whoever's reading this, ever felt like you were going too fast? How did it play out? Did you lower your dose or make some key adjustment? Did going too quickly cause any problems for you? Any regrets? I really feel like I need to sort out my eating. My plan was always to get it together as I neared my goal weight, so I could start building the habits and lifestyle to keep that weight off, but now I'm worried that waiting could be causing harm. I'm endlessly grateful for this medication and all it's done for me, but maybe deep down I'm hurrying things along, you know? I'd love to hear any thoughts on anything I've written! Oh, and some of my stats might be relevant - I'm 5'11", 26, and male. I think I brushed off some of the unhealthy parts with "I'm still young," especially the muscle loss, which I plan to rebuild once I hit my goal weight. Just for fun, I'll include my Shotsy chart since I adore it and maybe it'll add some context? Not sure. Anyway, thanks for sticking with this messy post, and I'd really like to hear your take on any of this, or even just how things are going for you.
Seth
My first retatrutide dose was on Halloween last year. I began at 260.2 pounds and now, roughly 4.5 months later, I'm at 192.6 pounds. Of course, I'm thrilled about how far I've come. Still, a part of me wonders whether I'm being too hard on my body. Not long ago I went from 4mg/week, which I'd been on for 2 months, up to 6mg/week. And the reason was pretty dumb - my weight stayed exactly the same for a single week! Big deal! Looking back, that excuse was pretty weak, and I think what I really wanted was to see if it would calm the slightly stronger appetite I'd been having. I've now been at 6mg for just over 3 weeks, and I'm fine staying put here for as long as I can. That said, how quickly the weight is coming off worries me a bit, and I question whether I'm overdoing it.
The toughest thing about all this is that cooking actual meals is basically impossible for me. My roommates are a couple, and the kitchen is essentially theirs, so squeezing in cooking time or finding room for ingredients would be a huge headache. So my diet isn't great. I'm concerned I might not be getting the nutrition I need, even though I make an effort to eat real food every few days to balance things out. At least no loose skin seems to be forming, but at this pace I'm definitely losing muscle.
I know I've rambled a bit, but I was hoping to hear what others think. Have you, whoever's reading this, ever felt like you were going too fast? How did it play out? Did you lower your dose or make some key adjustment? Did going too quickly cause any problems for you? Any regrets? I really feel like I need to sort out my eating. My plan was always to get it together as I neared my goal weight, so I could start building the habits and lifestyle to keep that weight off, but now I'm worried that waiting could be causing harm. I'm endlessly grateful for this medication and all it's done for me, but maybe deep down I'm hurrying things along, you know? I'd love to hear any thoughts on anything I've written! Oh, and some of my stats might be relevant - I'm 5'11", 26, and male. I think I brushed off some of the unhealthy parts with "I'm still young," especially the muscle loss, which I plan to rebuild once I hit my goal weight. Just for fun, I'll include my Shotsy chart since I adore it and maybe it'll add some context? Not sure. Anyway, thanks for sticking with this messy post, and I'd really like to hear your take on any of this, or even just how things are going for you.
Seth