Explorer
Part of what I run includes Lipo-C with B12 at 1ml, 2x per week. Yesterday's shot went in like always, no issues. Then this morning the spot where I pinned is red, swollen, and itchy — though it's not tender or warm when I touch it. That was pin 5 out of the same vial (vial 1 from a brand new kit), and it's the only one that's acted up. I move my pin sites around, and I always wipe myself and the vial stopper with a new alcohol pad both before and after drawing. I have zero idea why this is hitting now. I went ahead and took an antihistamine this morning as a precaution, but the itch had already quit before I even swallowed it.
I'm fairly confident this is nothing serious, but I figured I'd post to see what folks suggest watching for, what best practices look like, and so on. I don't know what I don't know. And for the newer people here who keep asking whether it's okay to reuse needles or skip rotating sites — let my situation be a lesson. Because I rotate and log every injection site, I can pinpoint exactly which pin and which compound caused this. Every injection gets a brand new needle, so cross-contamination from an earlier shot isn't the culprit. There's no mystery about which one is the problem. Take the extra minute and do the safe thing.
I'm fairly confident this is nothing serious, but I figured I'd post to see what folks suggest watching for, what best practices look like, and so on. I don't know what I don't know. And for the newer people here who keep asking whether it's okay to reuse needles or skip rotating sites — let my situation be a lesson. Because I rotate and log every injection site, I can pinpoint exactly which pin and which compound caused this. Every injection gets a brand new needle, so cross-contamination from an earlier shot isn't the culprit. There's no mystery about which one is the problem. Take the extra minute and do the safe thing.