Go on without me ...

MikeyMike said:

HalfPintOG said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Having all of this land on one person is already more than 3 people could manage. A husband like yours has value that gold alone cannot match.

I know media and pop culture create enormous hype around peptides and medications for losing weight. I can tell you are frustrated with traditional Western medicine. Your medical history is complex. Since I could accidentally cause you harm, recommending any peptides would not sit comfortably with me. I am no medical professional. I would not have enough knowledge to guarantee your safety.

Perhaps a Naturopath MD near you would be better equipped to offer safe support.

Godspeed as you seek a way to live life at its fullest.
I appreciate it more than I can say! I suppose I had hoped I might cross paths with "another me" who could lend a hand. A lot of doctors have been unwilling to take me on. I am trying to stay quiet and hear God about what comes next. Peptides were what I had hoped would be the answer.
Have Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic been an option for you? Minnesota is where I live, and Mayo is based here; for cases other places cannot crack, that is where people travel from all over the world to go. It isn't the least expensive option, but payment plans are available and they will accommodate you to the greatest extent possible. A full team is assembled around you, and they take pleasure in untangling difficult medical problems. My own situation was nothing like yours, but roughly 10 years back I dealt with a prostate problem, and they came up with an answer that very few other providers were able to offer.
If only I had the money for that. A number of clinical trials have been applied for on my end, though none have taken me so far. Medicare has done a decent job of handling my costs; the trouble is the sheer amount of red tape that stands between you and actually seeing a specialist. Over the past 6 years, my medical bills have gone past $1 million. Insane
 
Enyola said:

HalfPintOG said:

Enyola said:

HalfPintOG said:

Tinker said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
I’m not sure whether this is allowed here, but... I had Grok look over your post. It isn’t a doctor, and all I asked for was a set of directions to explore in light of your symptoms. What follows is what it produced:

I read every word, yes. Thank you for telling her complete story. Hers is a severe, decades-long fight that began in childhood with kidney stones and infections, then included multiple surgeries, a dangerous blood clot, Pseudomonas sepsis, a frightening heart reaction during testing, ureter repair, and now, at age 71, advanced liver fibrosis along with crushing, unrelenting fatigue and weakness. Immediate Priorities (Research & Action Directions) These are evidence-based starting points from the history she described. This list should be taken to her doctors.

  1. Liver biopsy scheduled for end of July – the top priority.

    It can determine the exact stage (fibrosis scoring such as METAVIR F0–F4; stage 4 frequently indicates cirrhosis or advanced fibrosis), along with inflammation and whether it is MASH (metabolic dysfunction-associated steatohepatitis, formerly NASH).
    • When F2–F3 advanced fibrosis is present but not cirrhotic, discussion may cover resmetirom (approved for non-cirrhotic MASH with moderate-advanced fibrosis) or GLP-1 agonists such as semaglutide (Wegovy, approved for similar).
    • If cirrhosis is found, management changes to watching for complications (varices, ascites, encephalopathy) and preserving remaining function.
    • The weight loss she is already getting with tirzepatide is among the best measures for regressing liver fat/fibrosis—keep going under medical supervision.
  2. Broad Fatigue & Weakness Workup (Even if “everything was tested”)

    Profound weakness that gets worse after activity (“if I have a good day, I sleep the next two”) plus sleep that does not refresh despite 20+ years of CPAP point toward possible mitochondrial dysfunction, deconditioning, nutritional gaps, inflammation, autonomic issues, or persistent low-grade issues tied to her history (infections, autoimmune signals).
    • Ask for: complete thyroid panel (TSH, free T4, free T3, antibodies), plus B12, folate, vitamin D, thiamine, ferritin/iron studies, CBC (could repeated blood draws be causing anemia?), inflammatory markers (CRP, ESR), autoimmune panel if not exhaustive, cortisol/ACTH, and perhaps orthostatic vitals or tilt-table for dizziness/blackouts.
    • Reassess sleep study: central versus obstructive components? Titration?
    • Physical/occupational therapy aimed at graded strengthening, balance/vestibular rehab (for dizziness, walker use, and deconditioning). That may interrupt the cycle without overexertion.
  3. Additional Targeted Areas
    • For dizziness, balance, PTSD/agoraphobia: vestibular PT plus therapy for PTSD/fear. Given her history, rule out cardiac/autonomic contributions.
    • Tirzepatide-related hunger: this is common; talk with the prescriber about dose adjustment, timing, or protein/fiber strategies. Weight loss protects the liver, but she doesn’t want to regain.
    • Potential autoimmune/immuno component: pursue follow-up on any tests that flagged this. If overlap syndromes or systemic inflammation are present, rheumatology input could be useful.
I appreciate you looking into all of this more than I can say. Many of those suggested tests look familiar to me, and while some have already been run, others have not. What my doctor keeps running into is that no single condition clearly explains the picture. As an example, she suspected some type of hepatitis, yet one result comes back positive while the follow-up test meant to confirm it comes back negative. I’ve also talked with my sleep apnea doctor about scheduling another sleep study, and my result remains exactly what it has always been: SEVERE. I should have included that he prescribed Provigil, a medication used for narcolepsy. At 200mg it helped for a time, until my body got used to it. Bumping it to 300mg gives me some benefit. He is not willing to raise it further. It feels like I am only covering up symptoms rather than getting to the root cause. I had the rheumatology panel and it came back clear. Some auto immune disease must be present within my body. Once again, I am beyond grateful that you took the time to research this. Everyone here has been wonderful. I also want to mention that my support system is amazing: my husband, my eldest daughter, who shares my home with me, and 13 grandchildren who pitch in by keeping the kitchen tidy and washing the dogs, among other things.

Tinker said:

Here is the remainder of Grok’s post:

On Peptides (her specific question)

She is already using tirzepatide with encouraging weight results, and has begun MOTS-c at 5 mg per week; she is thinking about adding Retatrutide (Reta) as a stack.

  • MOTS-c: a mitochondrial-derived peptide; it switches on AMPK (a regulator of energy and metabolism), and research often labels it an “exercise mimetic.” Preclinical findings back improvements in insulin sensitivity, fat metabolism, and mitochondrial function. Human evidence remains very sparse—a single small Phase 1 trial of an analog (CB4211) in NAFLD patients found good short-term safety and some improvement in liver enzymes; for native MOTS-c, interventional human trials are nearly nonexistent. The 5 mg weekly dose she uses falls within what people talk about anecdotally for energy/mito support. It is a theoretical match for her fatigue, yet there is no strong proof it will substantially bring energy back in advanced liver disease or across her whole history. Keep close watch on liver/kidney labs. Quality of sourcing matters greatly.
  • Retatrutide (a triple agonist targeting GLP-1 + GIP + glucagon): as of June/July 2026 it lacks FDA approval and remains in Phase 3 trials; an NDA is anticipated in late 2026, with earliest possible approval in 2027–2028. Studies show striking weight loss and reductions in liver fat (a Phase 2a trial in MASLD found that high doses cleared steatosis in >85% of participants), and those patients had no major hepatotoxicity signals. But advanced fibrosis/cirrhosis was excluded from that trial, leaving safety for her case (stage 4, near cirrhosis) unknown. Liver injury has been reported with illegal/gray-market products (contamination is suspected). Combining it with tirzepatide is experimental and introduces added risks (GI side effects, unknown interactions). Her husband is right to be cautious—strongly advise against gray-market sources or self-stacking right now. The only legitimate route to it is through clinical trials.
Bottom line on peptides: continuing MOTS-c under a doctor’s supervision, with monitoring, carries lower risk. For her present health status, Retatrutide has higher risk and weaker evidence. Other mitochondria-targeted possibilities (for example, SS-31/elamipretide in research settings) exist, though they are even harder to obtain. Peptides won’t magically undo the complex organ damage accumulated over decades + possible autoimmune drivers.

Broader Research Directions She/Doctors Can Explore

  • Mitochondrial dysfunction as it relates to chronic illness, fatigue, and liver disease (look up “mitochondrial peptides” or “MOTS-c” on PubMed or clinicaltrials.gov).
  • Guidelines for advanced MASLD/MASH management (the 2026 updates stress noninvasive fibrosis staging such as FIB-4 + elastography/ELF, followed by targeted therapies).
  • Functional/integrative approaches: optimizing nutrients, gut health (post-antibiotics/infections), environmental factors, although the evidence is mixed.
  • Clinical trials: on clinicaltrials.gov, search MASLD + fibrosis, mitochondrial support, or fatigue in older adults.
Her history demonstrates that conventional medicine can steady crises, yet it frequently has trouble answering “why am I still so exhausted and weak?” when several systems are involved. The liver biopsy is a crucial next piece of data. Many individuals facing similar “mystery + organ damage + fatigue” circumstances ultimately find clearer answers and gradual gains by seeing targeted specialists + correcting reversible factors (weight, nutrition, and deconditioning; sleep optimization; and possible mito support). If she provides the biopsy results, specific lab findings, or further details about the “immuno disease” tests, I can help narrow research leads further. For now, encourage her to rest when needed, celebrate the 65 lb loss as a real win for her liver, and lean on that supportive husband. She need not sort this out by herself—there are good doctors who will listen to complicated cases. Keep holding on. Persistence like this ought to receive genuine answers. Tell me what other angles I can help investigate.
I suspect mitochondria are involved, which is why I decided MotsC was the place to begin. It looked like a sensible enough step. NAD+ was another option I had in mind, but after reading a few things I became wary. My short-term memory isn't great, so I can't bring to mind what exactly, but something about it made me back away. For now, I imagine I'll stick with MotsC and Provigil. I also use levothyroxine for thyroid, along with folic acid, both from my primary. I put in orders for L-THEANINE Liquid, a liquid multivitamin, and liquid saffron extract. My thought was that they couldn't hurt and might help. Other than that, I'll wait until July.
Could this have an autoimmune basis? Fatigue can stem from thyroid hormone levels, naturally. Being inside the reference range doesn't mean it matches a person's own healthy range—that individual window is much narrower than the full range. In my case, adding a small amount of T3 also helps.

Does your fatigue line up in time with the thyroid situation?

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
When you mention units, are you talking about mg (of tirzepatide)?
I truly don't know. It's been in my routine for many years, and only within the past 6 years did my fatigue begin—and it has only worsened since.

Right, Tirzepatide was what I meant—sorry.

As for T3, I have no idea what that is.
t3 refers to the other thyroid hormone, triiodothyronine.

Over the past 6 years, have you noticed any major shifts in your thyroid hormone blood test results when compared with earlier ones?
Absolutely!!! They appear to be everywhere. Keeping me regulated has become a struggle for my doctor. In February my blood test put me at 6.7, so she raised my dosage by .25, and the test I took in May came back at -.11. That's a massive shift. At this point she has me on it for 6 days and off for 1, and I'll have fresh blood work in August.
 
RaveBaddie said:

FLglpguy said:

HalfPintOG said:

FLglpguy said:

Is there a swimming pool close to where you live? Check out the YMCA. They run swim groups and water-based exercise sessions for folks of the same age range, from young kids all the way up to seniors. Usually, there’s no charge. Being able to move while not dealing with ongoing joint pain might make a difference.

A fresh support network might be something you need as well. The emotional weight from what you described is surely difficult, to put it mildly. Cut yourself some slack, and your husband might need a mental and/or physical rest too. That can come from signing up for a beginner senior swim group or taking an art class. A few laughs as you get more active can keep your mind resilient. I suspect you’ll also end up with new friends along the way. If swimming isn’t an option, look for some activity outside the house that’s purely for enjoyment and involves moving your body.

It’s obvious you’re an incredibly strong woman. Whether peptides can help you, I can’t say; if you decide to enter the grey market and self-medicate, be cautious about how they could interact with your other medications.

Wishing you blessings, and may you remain strong!
I appreciate you getting back to me. My sister-in-law does have a pool, and I make it over there no less than once per week. I've recently begun gardening; it appears to calm me, and I get pleasure from it. Pain isn't the problem, nor is joint aching. Rather, my arms and legs grow so heavy that lifting them is barely possible. On top of that, I am unable to keep myself awake. This isn't steady; certain days are harder than others. It seems that after a really good day—when I swim, garden a little, and actually make it to the grocery store—the next day I am totally wiped out. I also teach my two youngest grandchildren at home; one is neurodivergent and requires a lot of additional attention. I do move around, but it is just so difficult.
Whoa there—okay, it sounds like all you really need is a small lift. You're right in the middle of that notorious green scene! Have you ever given Cali Kush a try? My time in Cali lasted 17yrs. The exact version you require can be bought legally at a store just down the street. Pick a pen or a brownie, and your clothes and house won't get smelly. The kids won't have a clue, and I'm certain you'll feel better.
Absolutely, I'm with you on that!

THC oil drops have done the trick for a number of my relatives who struggled with sleep. Perhaps a dispensary visit could let you give that a shot?

Once in a while, a vape might also boost your mood and offer a little lift, helping you unwind and give your mind some relief from the constant pressure and health challenges.

My heart goes out to you, and I truly hope a peptide turns up that can boost your energy.

What about MOTS-c at 3mg every other day rather than 5mg? As far as I know, the weekly ceiling is around 15mg, though I'm not certain.

Keep in mind that 5mg once a week might simply be too little in your case?

There are folks who need to run SS31 cycles before they begin MOTS-c. That might be worth checking into as well.

Sending you every bit of luck possible! 🍀

I love that you're seeking guidance here on the forum, so please continue! Everyone is happy to pitch in! ❤️
All the details folks have shared with me caught me off guard. I'm writing things down and bringing them up with my doctor. Hopefully, someday I can give back to every single one of you. SS31 came up from someone else too, though I haven't found time to check into it. Your suggestion about MotsC—I'll follow it. It makes sense. Many thanks!!!
 
Seeing how much this community has rallied around you is amazing! Everyone here is rooting for you and confident that you'll recover. Take some time to look more closely into Mots-c and decide whether it fits your situation; I'm not very familiar with it and haven't used it myself, but from what I've come across, it really should be paired with a substantial amount of exercise
 
HalfPintOG said:

Enyola said:

HalfPintOG said:

Enyola said:

HalfPintOG said:

Tinker said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
I’m not sure whether this is allowed here, but... I had Grok look over your post. It isn’t a doctor, and all I asked for was a set of directions to explore in light of your symptoms. What follows is what it produced:

I read every word, yes. Thank you for telling her complete story. Hers is a severe, decades-long fight that began in childhood with kidney stones and infections, then included multiple surgeries, a dangerous blood clot, Pseudomonas sepsis, a frightening heart reaction during testing, ureter repair, and now, at age 71, advanced liver fibrosis along with crushing, unrelenting fatigue and weakness. Immediate Priorities (Research & Action Directions) These are evidence-based starting points from the history she described. This list should be taken to her doctors.

  1. Liver biopsy scheduled for end of July – the top priority.

    It can determine the exact stage (fibrosis scoring such as METAVIR F0–F4; stage 4 frequently indicates cirrhosis or advanced fibrosis), along with inflammation and whether it is MASH (metabolic dysfunction-associated steatohepatitis, formerly NASH).
    • When F2–F3 advanced fibrosis is present but not cirrhotic, discussion may cover resmetirom (approved for non-cirrhotic MASH with moderate-advanced fibrosis) or GLP-1 agonists such as semaglutide (Wegovy, approved for similar).
    • If cirrhosis is found, management changes to watching for complications (varices, ascites, encephalopathy) and preserving remaining function.
    • The weight loss she is already getting with tirzepatide is among the best measures for regressing liver fat/fibrosis—keep going under medical supervision.
  2. Broad Fatigue & Weakness Workup (Even if “everything was tested”)

    Profound weakness that gets worse after activity (“if I have a good day, I sleep the next two”) plus sleep that does not refresh despite 20+ years of CPAP point toward possible mitochondrial dysfunction, deconditioning, nutritional gaps, inflammation, autonomic issues, or persistent low-grade issues tied to her history (infections, autoimmune signals).
    • Ask for: complete thyroid panel (TSH, free T4, free T3, antibodies), plus B12, folate, vitamin D, thiamine, ferritin/iron studies, CBC (could repeated blood draws be causing anemia?), inflammatory markers (CRP, ESR), autoimmune panel if not exhaustive, cortisol/ACTH, and perhaps orthostatic vitals or tilt-table for dizziness/blackouts.
    • Reassess sleep study: central versus obstructive components? Titration?
    • Physical/occupational therapy aimed at graded strengthening, balance/vestibular rehab (for dizziness, walker use, and deconditioning). That may interrupt the cycle without overexertion.
  3. Additional Targeted Areas
    • For dizziness, balance, PTSD/agoraphobia: vestibular PT plus therapy for PTSD/fear. Given her history, rule out cardiac/autonomic contributions.
    • Tirzepatide-related hunger: this is common; talk with the prescriber about dose adjustment, timing, or protein/fiber strategies. Weight loss protects the liver, but she doesn’t want to regain.
    • Potential autoimmune/immuno component: pursue follow-up on any tests that flagged this. If overlap syndromes or systemic inflammation are present, rheumatology input could be useful.
I appreciate you looking into all of this more than I can say. Many of those suggested tests look familiar to me, and while some have already been run, others have not. What my doctor keeps running into is that no single condition clearly explains the picture. As an example, she suspected some type of hepatitis, yet one result comes back positive while the follow-up test meant to confirm it comes back negative. I’ve also talked with my sleep apnea doctor about scheduling another sleep study, and my result remains exactly what it has always been: SEVERE. I should have included that he prescribed Provigil, a medication used for narcolepsy. At 200mg it helped for a time, until my body got used to it. Bumping it to 300mg gives me some benefit. He is not willing to raise it further. It feels like I am only covering up symptoms rather than getting to the root cause. I had the rheumatology panel and it came back clear. Some auto immune disease must be present within my body. Once again, I am beyond grateful that you took the time to research this. Everyone here has been wonderful. I also want to mention that my support system is amazing: my husband, my eldest daughter, who shares my home with me, and 13 grandchildren who pitch in by keeping the kitchen tidy and washing the dogs, among other things.

Tinker said:

Here is the remainder of Grok’s post:

On Peptides (her specific question)

She is already using tirzepatide with encouraging weight results, and has begun MOTS-c at 5 mg per week; she is thinking about adding Retatrutide (Reta) as a stack.

  • MOTS-c: a mitochondrial-derived peptide; it switches on AMPK (a regulator of energy and metabolism), and research often labels it an “exercise mimetic.” Preclinical findings back improvements in insulin sensitivity, fat metabolism, and mitochondrial function. Human evidence remains very sparse—a single small Phase 1 trial of an analog (CB4211) in NAFLD patients found good short-term safety and some improvement in liver enzymes; for native MOTS-c, interventional human trials are nearly nonexistent. The 5 mg weekly dose she uses falls within what people talk about anecdotally for energy/mito support. It is a theoretical match for her fatigue, yet there is no strong proof it will substantially bring energy back in advanced liver disease or across her whole history. Keep close watch on liver/kidney labs. Quality of sourcing matters greatly.
  • Retatrutide (a triple agonist targeting GLP-1 + GIP + glucagon): as of June/July 2026 it lacks FDA approval and remains in Phase 3 trials; an NDA is anticipated in late 2026, with earliest possible approval in 2027–2028. Studies show striking weight loss and reductions in liver fat (a Phase 2a trial in MASLD found that high doses cleared steatosis in >85% of participants), and those patients had no major hepatotoxicity signals. But advanced fibrosis/cirrhosis was excluded from that trial, leaving safety for her case (stage 4, near cirrhosis) unknown. Liver injury has been reported with illegal/gray-market products (contamination is suspected). Combining it with tirzepatide is experimental and introduces added risks (GI side effects, unknown interactions). Her husband is right to be cautious—strongly advise against gray-market sources or self-stacking right now. The only legitimate route to it is through clinical trials.
Bottom line on peptides: continuing MOTS-c under a doctor’s supervision, with monitoring, carries lower risk. For her present health status, Retatrutide has higher risk and weaker evidence. Other mitochondria-targeted possibilities (for example, SS-31/elamipretide in research settings) exist, though they are even harder to obtain. Peptides won’t magically undo the complex organ damage accumulated over decades + possible autoimmune drivers.

Broader Research Directions She/Doctors Can Explore

  • Mitochondrial dysfunction as it relates to chronic illness, fatigue, and liver disease (look up “mitochondrial peptides” or “MOTS-c” on PubMed or clinicaltrials.gov).
  • Guidelines for advanced MASLD/MASH management (the 2026 updates stress noninvasive fibrosis staging such as FIB-4 + elastography/ELF, followed by targeted therapies).
  • Functional/integrative approaches: optimizing nutrients, gut health (post-antibiotics/infections), environmental factors, although the evidence is mixed.
  • Clinical trials: on clinicaltrials.gov, search MASLD + fibrosis, mitochondrial support, or fatigue in older adults.
Her history demonstrates that conventional medicine can steady crises, yet it frequently has trouble answering “why am I still so exhausted and weak?” when several systems are involved. The liver biopsy is a crucial next piece of data. Many individuals facing similar “mystery + organ damage + fatigue” circumstances ultimately find clearer answers and gradual gains by seeing targeted specialists + correcting reversible factors (weight, nutrition, and deconditioning; sleep optimization; and possible mito support). If she provides the biopsy results, specific lab findings, or further details about the “immuno disease” tests, I can help narrow research leads further. For now, encourage her to rest when needed, celebrate the 65 lb loss as a real win for her liver, and lean on that supportive husband. She need not sort this out by herself—there are good doctors who will listen to complicated cases. Keep holding on. Persistence like this ought to receive genuine answers. Tell me what other angles I can help investigate.
I suspect mitochondria are involved, which is why I decided MotsC was the place to begin. It looked like a sensible enough step. NAD+ was another option I had in mind, but after reading a few things I became wary. My short-term memory isn't great, so I can't bring to mind what exactly, but something about it made me back away. For now, I imagine I'll stick with MotsC and Provigil. I also use levothyroxine for thyroid, along with folic acid, both from my primary. I put in orders for L-THEANINE Liquid, a liquid multivitamin, and liquid saffron extract. My thought was that they couldn't hurt and might help. Other than that, I'll wait until July.
Could this have an autoimmune basis? Fatigue can stem from thyroid hormone levels, naturally. Being inside the reference range doesn't mean it matches a person's own healthy range—that individual window is much narrower than the full range. In my case, adding a small amount of T3 also helps.

Does your fatigue line up in time with the thyroid situation?

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
When you mention units, are you talking about mg (of tirzepatide)?
I truly don't know. It's been in my routine for many years, and only within the past 6 years did my fatigue begin—and it has only worsened since.

Right, Tirzepatide was what I meant—sorry.

As for T3, I have no idea what that is.
t3 refers to the other thyroid hormone, triiodothyronine.

Over the past 6 years, have you noticed any major shifts in your thyroid hormone blood test results when compared with earlier ones?
Absolutely!!! They appear to be everywhere. Keeping me regulated has become a struggle for my doctor. In February my blood test put me at 6.7, so she raised my dosage by .25, and the test I took in May came back at -.11. That's a massive shift. At this point she has me on it for 6 days and off for 1, and I'll have fresh blood work in August.
Your thyroid therapy sounds like it could use some fine-tuning. Jumping the dose by 0.25 = 25% may not be wise. Skipping a steady daily intake isn't ideal either. Different strengths exist, and you can cut tablets too. (I personally split 3 separate tablets to hit my ideal dose.)

If you're open to it, we could talk this over more. When your doctor checks things, is TSH the only marker, or does she also look at fT3 and fT4 on a regular basis?
 
It truly saddens me to read this.... Sending you every good wish, and I hope you discover something that brings relief. My own mother struggles greatly because of her health problems. Seeing you go through this is painful, and I hope something comes along that helps
 
THC-Öl ist wirklich großartig! Vor allem im Anschluss an Krebstherapien wie Chemotherapie und Vergleichbares. Die Erholung des Blutbildes sowie der weißen Blutkörperchen wird dadurch stark gefördert. Nehmen Sie einfach 2 Tropfen vor dem Zubettgehen sublingual ein. Und ganz nebenbei haben Sie einen tiefen, erholsamen Schlaf.
 
HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
You're in the middle of some serious hell, girl... the only thing I can offer is this: while you're walking through hell, don't stop — a door will show up.

I don't have many answers — but here's a small look at what fatigue has been like for me — I'm 60. These past 2 years, I've been wiped out the entire damn time — get up, drink a coffee, and all I want is to crawl back into bed. My doctor ran a testosterone test — told me everything was fine — told me it's just part of getting older.

I went through a bunch of options, from changing my diet to iron supplements to cutting out alcohol — none of it gave me any real relief or brought my energy back.

I had my back to the wall — nothing left to lose — so I searched online — low energy can come from a condition called Adult growth hormone deficiency — aghd — so I got some hgh — and one morning I injected 1iu — that same day I felt incredible — the fatigue was gone completely. How quickly it hit me left me stunned.

I skipped the whole battery of doctor's tests — just chose to experiment — when there's nothing to lose — there's nothing to lose — and that's where you are.

No way to know if hgh would do anything for you — but for me it changed everything — I inject a few iu daily — and it's a gamechanger.

Sounds like you've reached a point of desperation — I was desperate too.

Wishing you all the best.
 
Riviera said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
You're in the middle of some serious hell, girl... the only thing I can offer is this: while you're walking through hell, don't stop — a door will show up.

I don't have many answers — but here's a small look at what fatigue has been like for me — I'm 60. These past 2 years, I've been wiped out the entire damn time — get up, drink a coffee, and all I want is to crawl back into bed. My doctor ran a testosterone test — told me everything was fine — told me it's just part of getting older.

I went through a bunch of options, from changing my diet to iron supplements to cutting out alcohol — none of it gave me any real relief or brought my energy back.

I had my back to the wall — nothing left to lose — so I searched online — low energy can come from a condition called Adult growth hormone deficiency — aghd — so I got some hgh — and one morning I injected 1iu — that same day I felt incredible — the fatigue was gone completely. How quickly it hit me left me stunned.

I skipped the whole battery of doctor's tests — just chose to experiment — when there's nothing to lose — there's nothing to lose — and that's where you are.

No way to know if hgh would do anything for you — but for me it changed everything — I inject a few iu daily — and it's a gamechanger.

Sounds like you've reached a point of desperation — I was desperate too.

Wishing you all the best.
I believe autocorrect made a mistake in this spot, and what you intended to write was: AGHD.
 
Riviera said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
You're in the middle of some serious hell, girl... the only thing I can offer is this: while you're walking through hell, don't stop — a door will show up.

I don't have many answers — but here's a small look at what fatigue has been like for me — I'm 60. These past 2 years, I've been wiped out the entire damn time — get up, drink a coffee, and all I want is to crawl back into bed. My doctor ran a testosterone test — told me everything was fine — told me it's just part of getting older.

I went through a bunch of options, from changing my diet to iron supplements to cutting out alcohol — none of it gave me any real relief or brought my energy back.

I had my back to the wall — nothing left to lose — so I searched online — low energy can come from a condition called Adult growth hormone deficiency — aghd — so I got some hgh — and one morning I injected 1iu — that same day I felt incredible — the fatigue was gone completely. How quickly it hit me left me stunned.

I skipped the whole battery of doctor's tests — just chose to experiment — when there's nothing to lose — there's nothing to lose — and that's where you are.

No way to know if hgh would do anything for you — but for me it changed everything — I inject a few iu daily — and it's a gamechanger.

Sounds like you've reached a point of desperation — I was desperate too.

Wishing you all the best.
No matter what I try — bloodwork, supplements, and more — the exhaustion never lets up. Did you stick with hgh, or did a single dose do the trick for you?
 
alexy7 said:

Riviera said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
You're in the middle of some serious hell, girl... the only thing I can offer is this: while you're walking through hell, don't stop — a door will show up.

I don't have many answers — but here's a small look at what fatigue has been like for me — I'm 60. These past 2 years, I've been wiped out the entire damn time — get up, drink a coffee, and all I want is to crawl back into bed. My doctor ran a testosterone test — told me everything was fine — told me it's just part of getting older.

I went through a bunch of options, from changing my diet to iron supplements to cutting out alcohol — none of it gave me any real relief or brought my energy back.

I had my back to the wall — nothing left to lose — so I searched online — low energy can come from a condition called Adult growth hormone deficiency — aghd — so I got some hgh — and one morning I injected 1iu — that same day I felt incredible — the fatigue was gone completely. How quickly it hit me left me stunned.

I skipped the whole battery of doctor's tests — just chose to experiment — when there's nothing to lose — there's nothing to lose — and that's where you are.

No way to know if hgh would do anything for you — but for me it changed everything — I inject a few iu daily — and it's a gamechanger.

Sounds like you've reached a point of desperation — I was desperate too.

Wishing you all the best.
No matter what I try — bloodwork, supplements, and more — the exhaustion never lets up. Did you stick with hgh, or did a single dose do the trick for you?
Nope — these days it's a daily thing for me. Began with 1iu, and I'm now on 3iu each morning around 7am, ahead of breakfast. I doubt I'll raise it any further — it wipes out my fatigue really well. My doctor ran bloodwork too, checked my test, and came up empty — so trying the hgh cost me nothing. The very first shot was at 7am, and it hit almost right away — I felt amazing that same day. Maybe it'll do the same for you as it did for me — if so, you'll have no doubt about it.

Side effects? None at all — just keep an eye on your blood sugar. A few people do see it rise with hgh, but from what I've read, for most folks it settles back down after a month or two once your body adjusts...

Best of luck to you.....I once had a cat that looked like the one in your pic...
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Riviera said:

HalfPintOG said:

I'm a 71-year-old woman, and this will be lengthy; sorry. I can't think of another way to begin except at the start. Maybe have some popcorn and an energy drink. For more than 25 years, I ran a successful business, worked out religiously, and at 5'2", my weight never went above 110#. My first kidney stone arrived when I was six. I passed it on the drive to the ER, screaming the whole way. Roughly three months afterward, another one came. I stayed home for that one because I knew the routine, but the doctor chose to do an ultrasound since multiple kidney infections had occurred during that year. The scan revealed numerous stones; several were sizable, and the largest—the queen—measured 9MM. It was too large to pass safely. I was taken in to have them blasted, a procedure expected to last about 40 minutes to an hour. After 2 1/2 hours, my husband asked to be told what was happening. He was put in touch with the surgeon, who reported complications. Veins and arteries had grown around and attached to my kidney, strangling it. She thought this had likely existed since birth. They worked to peel away as much as possible. The large stone couldn't be reached since my liver was enlarged to such a degree.

I quit all coffee and caffeine. The kidney infections kept coming. A different doctor found that my kidney wasn't draining fully and that my ureter was partly blocked. Another operation placed a temporary stent. It stayed in for 6 weeks, then came out. Infections returned. A nephrostomy bag was placed. It required replacement every 3 months. I had it for more than a year. A 14" blood clot also formed in my left thigh. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital receiving IV blood thinners. Amputation was called the best option. My husband spent the whole next day calling around and located a doctor who told him to bring me straight to a hospital in another city. They Roto-Rootered it out, put in a permanent stent, and I was on Coumadin for a year. I still have my leg. Returning to the kidney: while my nephrostomy bag was being changed, I caught a nasty bacterium called pseudomonas. I went back into the hospital for 10 days with a 24-hour IV drip. After that, I continued the IV drip at home for another 10 days, one hour per day. My strength keeps fading, and I simply want it to be over. I still had the nephrostomy bag when I got Covid.

Fluid collected around my heart. A neuro stress test was done, and my reaction was the worst they'd ever witnessed. Anyone who has had that test knows it can't be halted; it must finish on its own. My heart entered a fib, I sweated heavily, and I nearly seized. After it cleared my system, my doctor said he was taking me to surgery and would place a stent if one was needed. I begged him to let me die. I couldn't endure more. Then I was asleep. My heart was fine after all. It had only been shielding itself from everything my body has endured.

I went to someone willing to attempt ureter repair. Scar tissue was blocking much of it. He told me I had one chance; if it failed, the kidney would need removal because it was causing more harm than GOOD. It worked. He examined the kidney stone and explained that the liver had prevented access, so now that had to be dealt with. He described the 9 mm stone as a bomb waiting to explode. My diagnosis is stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I'm one step from cirrhosis. They've drawn 18 bottles of blood and run every test imaginable. The exact cause remains unidentified, though it appears to be some form of immuno disease. Great. As we all know, there isn't much to be done about that. At the end of July, I need a liver ultrasound and biopsy. So here I am: 100 pounds overweight, weak—severe; I wish a stronger word than severe existed for my weakness.

PTSD is also part of this, along with a fear regarding open places; my balance is poor, I become dizzy and begin to black out, so I use a walker. I attempt chair aerobics and some gardening, but exhaustion hits quickly. If a day is good, I'll spend the next two sleeping. On the subject of sleep: sleep apnea has been with me since age 21, unrelated to weight since I was very thin then. For 20 years I've used a Sleep Apnea machine. It makes no difference; I wake as if I haven't slept for days. Whatever I try, my energy level won't return. I began tizepatide around eight months ago, I believe, and have dropped 65 pounds. I feel no different. My sleep amount hasn't changed. Now at 15 units, I'm constantly hungry. I don't want to regain the weight I lost. Two weeks ago I started MotsC at 5 mg once a week. Nothing has changed. I wondered about stacking it with some Reta; I've read and studied a lot, but my husband believes it's too risky. What I know is that I can't continue like this. Conventional medicine has given me no help. Had my husband not been proactive, today I'd be sitting here with a nephrostomy bag full of bacteria, just one leg, and at least 125 pounds overweight. I only need to get back on my feet, and I believe peptides might help me do that, but I don't know what to take. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
You're in the middle of some serious hell, girl... the only thing I can offer is this: while you're walking through hell, don't stop — a door will show up.

I don't have many answers — but here's a small look at what fatigue has been like for me — I'm 60. These past 2 years, I've been wiped out the entire damn time — get up, drink a coffee, and all I want is to crawl back into bed. My doctor ran a testosterone test — told me everything was fine — told me it's just part of getting older.

I went through a bunch of options, from changing my diet to iron supplements to cutting out alcohol — none of it gave me any real relief or brought my energy back.

I had my back to the wall — nothing left to lose — so I searched online — low energy can come from a condition called Adult growth hormone deficiency — aghd — so I got some hgh — and one morning I injected 1iu — that same day I felt incredible — the fatigue was gone completely. How quickly it hit me left me stunned.

I skipped the whole battery of doctor's tests — just chose to experiment — when there's nothing to lose — there's nothing to lose — and that's where you are.

No way to know if hgh would do anything for you — but for me it changed everything — I inject a few iu daily — and it's a gamechanger.

Sounds like you've reached a point of desperation — I was desperate too.

Wishing you all the best.
I believe autocorrect made a mistake in this spot, and what you intended to write was: AGHD.
Fixed - Much appreciated !!
 
HalfPintOG said:


This is going to be long and I apologize, but I just don't really know where to start without starting at the beginning. Maybe grab some popcorn or an energy drink. I am a 71 year-old female. Ran a successful business for over 25 years, exercised religiously, and never weighed over 110# @ 5'2". Six years old I had my first kidney stone. Passed it while driving to the ER screaming all the way. About three months later, got another one. Stayed home for this one as I knew the routine, but Dr decided to do an ultrasound as I had had several kidney infections that year. Ultrasound showed I had quite a few kidney stones, and some of them were fairly good sized with the queen bee being at 9MM. Two large to safely pass. They took me in to blast them, which was going to take approximately 40 minutes to an hour. 2 1/2 hours in my husband said I need to know what's going on. Connected him with the doctor doing my surgery and she said we ran into complications. My kidney was being strangled by veins and arteries that had grown and attach themselves to it. Said it had probably been going on since birth. They were trying to peel back as much as they could. Could not get the big one because my liver was so enlarged. Stopped all coffee and caffeine. Kidney infections continued. New Dr discovered kidney wasn't draining completely, ureter was partially blocked. Had another surgery to place temporary stent. Kept 6 weeks and removed. Infections started again. Put in nephrostomy bag. Had to have replaced every 3 months. Had for over a year. Also developed 14" blood clot in left thigh. In hospital for 2 weeks on IV blood thinners. Said best to amputate. Hubby spent all next day on phone and found a doctor that said to bring me right in to the hospital in another city. Roto-Rooter it out, place a permanent stent a year on Coumadin. Still have my leg. Back to kidney, during a nephrostomy back change i contracted a very bad bacteria called pseudomonas. Back into the hospital for 10 days on 24 hour IV drip. Then home on IV drip for another 10 days, but only an hour a day. I am getting weaker and weaker and I just want to be done. Still have nephrostomy bag and then I get Covid.

There is water built-up around my heart. They do a neuro stress test on me and I have the worst reaction they have ever seen. If you've ever had one of these, you know that it cannot be stopped, it has to run its course. My heart went into a fib, I was sweating profusely and almost seizing. Once it was out of my system, my doctor told me I am just taking you into surgery, if you need a stent, I'm just going to do it. I said please just let me die. I can't do this anymore. Then I was asleep. Heart turned out to be fine. It was just protecting itself from all my body has been going through. I went to who was willing to try to repair my ureter. There was a lot of scar tissue that was blocking it, he said I have one chance and if it doesn't work, we have to remove your kidney because it's doing more damage than GOOD. It worked. He looked at the kidney stone and said that they could not get to it because of the liver so it was time to address that. He said the 9 mm kidney stone was like a bomb waiting to go off. I have stage 4 non-alcoholic fibrosis. I am one step away from cirrhosis. They've taken 18 bottles of blood from me and run every possible test on it. Still can't pinpoint exactly what the problem is, but it is looking like some kind of immuno disease. Great. We all know there's nothing you really can do about that. I have to have a liver ultrasound and biopsy done the end of July. So here I am. 100 pounds overweight, week, severe, I wish there was a word stronger than severe to describe my weakness. I also have PTSD and a fear of open places because my balance is so bad and I get dizzy and start to blackout so I have to use a walker. I try to do chair aerobics and a little bit of gardening, but it wears me out so fast. If I have a good day, I will sleep the next two days. Speaking of sleeping, I have had sleep apnea since I was 21 has nothing to do with weight because I was very thin then. I've been on a Sleep Apnea machine for the last 20 years. Doesn't matter, I wake up feeling like I have not slept for days. No matter what I do, I cannot regain my energy level. Started tizepatide I think about eight months ago and have lost 65 pounds. Still feel exactly the same. Still sleep just as much. I'm up to 15 units now and I'm hungry all the time. Do not want to put on the weight that I've lost. Starte MotsC two weeks ago, 5 mg once a week. No change. I thought maybe I could stack it with some Reta , I've done a lot of reading and learning, but my husband thinks it's too dangerous. All I know is I just can't keep doing this. Conventional medicine has not helped me at all. If it wasn't for my husband being proactive, I would be sitting here today with an nephrostomy bag, full of bacteria and only one leg and 125 pounds over weight at least. I just need to get back up on my feet and I think that peptides could help me get there, but I'm just not really sure what to take. Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Click to expand...
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I checked in, but I'm slowly getting back on my feet. You were all so good to me, so I felt I should say hello again.

My kidney had to come out. That 9mm kidney stone came back with a vengeance, blocked my ureter, and caused damage that couldn't be repaired.

On top of that, I learned I have non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis, and it's my own body doing it because of some type of autoimmune disease. My bloodwork shows a lot of inflammation, but nobody has figured out the reason yet. Now I have an appointment with a rheumatologist for further testing. Ugh.

Before any of this happened, my husband managed to track down some Tirze for me, and I dropped another 10 pounds on it.

At this point, though, he can't locate them anymore.

He ordered from one guy -- I suppose I shouldn't name him -- but it wasn't doing anything, so we had it sent for third-party testing, and the result showed zero peptide. Ugh.

I hope all of you are doing great on your journey and are blessed with each day!
 
I'm really sorry that more health problems have come up. Keep holding on.

Research on liver conditions has moved along pretty quickly over the past few years. With any luck, a specialist team at a research hospital can take a look at you and you'll at last get some answers.
 
With 3 autoimmune diseases in my case — lupus among them — kidney problems come with the territory, and I can identify with a lot of what you're describing. One line in your post really stood out: 'I have one good day and then I'm in bed for the next two'. That pattern is very familiar to me, and I recently found out it's probably a PEM crash connected to autoimmune disease. Post Exercise Malaise. Have a look into it and see whether it fits what you're going through. These days I make a real effort not to push too hard on the days I feel good, because the price is roughly a week of being almost unable to leave my bed — and for a long time I had no idea what was making me so weak and wiped out.
 
Oh no. Losing a kidney is awful. I hope you're able to get by with just one. Dialysis is rough, so do what you can to steer clear of it.

I deal with several autoimmune conditions, and I've found that Amino Energy from Optimum Nutrition helps me get through the crushing tiredness. It's non essential

Amino acids, and it supports mitochondrial function. (So it isn't the same as essential amino acids, the kind in protein drinks) and you can stack it alongside protein drinks.

You can get it at Walmart and Amazon.
 
HalfPintOG said:

All the details folks have shared with me caught me off guard. I'm writing things down and bringing them up with my doctor. Hopefully, someday I can give back to every single one of you. SS31 came up from someone else too, though I haven't found time to check into it. Your suggestion about MotsC—I'll follow it. It makes sense. Many thanks!!!
SS31 works for some folks and not for others, but what it does is help the outer membrane of the Mitochondria in your body get repaired.

On the days I work I take 2 mgs of SS31 along with 2 mgs of MotsC (dose in the AM before work/4 on, 3 off), and there is a clear improvement in my energy. After I realized I was short on NAD (so I bumped my NMN up to 1 gram a day) and then brought in the last missing piece, which was TMG.. BOOM My energy is great now!

If you do a little digging you can find SS31 at fairly reasonable prices (and naturally your mileage may vary)
 
HalfPintOG said:

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I checked in, but I'm slowly getting back on my feet. You were all so good to me, so I felt I should say hello again.

My kidney had to come out. That 9mm kidney stone came back with a vengeance, blocked my ureter, and caused damage that couldn't be repaired.

On top of that, I learned I have non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis, and it's my own body doing it because of some type of autoimmune disease. My bloodwork shows a lot of inflammation, but nobody has figured out the reason yet. Now I have an appointment with a rheumatologist for further testing. Ugh.

Before any of this happened, my husband managed to track down some Tirze for me, and I dropped another 10 pounds on it.

At this point, though, he can't locate them anymore.

He ordered from one guy -- I suppose I shouldn't name him -- but it wasn't doing anything, so we had it sent for third-party testing, and the result showed zero peptide. Ugh.

I hope all of you are doing great on your journey and are blessed with each day!
Good lord.. A kidney taken out plus Cirrhosis.. You have really been put through it, ma'am...

Prayers headed your way!
 
Back
Top