GLP-1 - what are your non-scale victories or goals?

PineCone99

Explorer
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Of course, that number on the scale is one of the most obvious WINs when losing weight with a GLP-1.

But I'm interested to hear about all the other "non-scale" victories or (if you're not quite there yet, "non-scale" goals).

ie.

  • fit into pants I haven't worn in years
  • enjoying eating food I actually like, instead of years of unending "diet" foods
  • ran into an ex, while looking hot, felt immensely pleased
  • have a reunion/wedding coming up, ready to strut my fine-ass in there
 
The weight gave me an ankle injury, it was hard getting up from sitting on the floor, my blood pressure was testing high even when not stressed, my clothes didn’t fit, I just wanted to fit into my life like I did before menopause.

What I didn’t expect was for the body inflammation to go away, and to know what it’s like without food noise.
 
Just spend more time doing activities with my daughter, feel like I lost years due to weight and pain, every weekend we have done something I never used to be able to do before making a change, so its all for her ❤️
 
  • My face seems to produce a lot less oil. Acne (and backne) greatly improved. Smaller pores. Skin is a lot better in general.
  • More energy, less evening slog from big meals
  • Probably saving like $16 a day on groceries and eating out.
 
I have eaten more fruit in the last year than in the last ten years. Fruit is now considered a staple of my diet as I consume 2 pears and 2 cups of blueberries a day. This has been great for fiber and blood sugar control.

When food falls out of my mouth, it no longer hits my gut and stops, killing my wardrobe for the day. It now falls to the floor.

The ability to politely decline food or drinks without regret. It's pretty empowering.
 
It is awesome not having to watch what I eat too closely. I been messing up a lot lately and every Monday I expect to have gained weight from it. And every Monday I am shocked to find that I have lost a pound or 2. It's the best feeling ever. 🥰
 
I was at the mall with my daughter and they had those electric ride on animals you can cruise around on, she's not quite smart enough to run it on her own so I'd make my older kid get on with her but yesterday I realized I could ride the damn animal and we cruised around together and it pleased me.
 
Overall better health markers, better sleep, feeling comfortable in my own skin, hoping for better hormone regulation as well.

Then a more specific one... I really enjoy roller coasters and amusement park rides, and it's currently a serious roll of the dice whether I get kicked or not. Would like that to be a rear-view mirror thing. Hoping to take a trip to Cedar Point in Ohio this August, and have a 100% ride rate 😆
 
So. I’ve had some super interesting results with Tirzepatide. I’m 55 and on my 3rd pacemaker. Before Tirz I was using my pacemaker 78% of the time on average. It’ll be 3 years in May since I started. During the first year my usage started decreasing. Now I average 24-34% pacing. Nothing else has changed. A new battery cannot produce those results. My dysautonomia has also improved. The vagus nerve also has GLP1 receptors. I can’t say it’s gone… but my episodes don’t last as long. I had a long episode last summer, but since then I’ve continued to rebound quicker. I’m so thankful!
 
-My thyroid replacement dose is nearly nonexistent (from 300 mcg/day to 110 3x/wk).

-Energy level is up

-Went to a family thing and my sister didn’t realize it was me until I was pretty much in her face.

- went to get a pedicure; saw this normal-looking woman reflected in the glass as I was walking up.. it was me.

-Went to see my former roommate; her significant other told her that he thinks I’ve lost enough weight and I need to stop.
 
I LOVE each and every one of these, so inspiring! 👏 I’ve had the biggest smile on my face as I read them. And for the upcoming goals, I’m rooting for you, you got this rollercoaster ride guy!! 💪

Keep ‘em coming!
 
Some interesting ones.

Had a cop ask for my phone number when she pulled me over. 😁

ast year I broke my turkey hunting seat. This year I didn’t feel the need to get the XL version.

I accidentally bought “slim fit” uniform pants for work. They hug my legs a bit more than the relaxed fit ones I would normally wear. At first I didn’t like them. But they grew on me a bit
 
My strut walk seems to have a WAY bigger span of movement without any change in the mechanics of it. You know how there's a walk you can use when you're just walking, and a walk you use when you'd like to be seen walking, generally by someone in particular? It seems like the strut walk used to take a really exaggerated set of physical movement to get any sway at all, but now I just kinda drop my center a very slight amount and the movement is all Jessica Rabbit.

I don't strut harder or more often than I did when I was heavier, but the range of sway to effort ratio just jumped. It's wonderful.
 
Being able to eat carbs and have my blood sugar stay stable has been a massive one.

But also, this sounds morbid, but I don't mean for it to be. I'm excited to be able to fit into some of my moms vintage dresses. They're beautiful and I know she'd be so happy someone is still loving them & wearing them and I'm thrilled it gets to be me lol.
 
I do not crave anything that my body doesn’t need. It’s actually quite liberating. My food bill has gone down considerably, more than enough to offset the amount I spend on reta.
 
Back
Top