GLP-1 - what are your non-scale victories or goals?

Psoriasis is gone. Size M and cute clothes. Compliments. Smiles from strangers. Not scared of a middle seat on the plane. Can hike with a heavy backpack up to steep hills and down. Knees do not hurt anymore; I ditched the hiking poles. Bad - I no longer can float in the warm ocean. I can live with that! 🙂
 
Honestly mine is simple, just feel good. Very generalised I know but that’s what I want. I think that’s more than many people feel for most of their lives. I’m already happy, so if I can lose some weight and stay in shape, that’s enough for me to feel good in myself.
 
Being able to get up out of bed at crack o dawn and put my socks on - in the dark- without leaning on, laying on, grabbing onto anything. Just me and some socks standing there doing my stork imitation. Who knew?
 
I started tirzepatide, not because I was overweight (I was), but to see if it would help with IBS-D. It helped with IBS-D, but unexpectedly, it made my foot and ankle swelling disappear. It also helped with my asthma and peripheral neuropathy. Now, down 86 pounds, I am entering maintenance. Miracles happen, you know.
 
Back
Top