woundcarping said:
Flash-BCR said:
JonSpartan said:
I'm going to put up a short post soon to show my new mini compressor fridge. Having that plus a precise digital thermometer is a really good setup. I can fully manage the temperature and keep it steady.
The important thing is that it has to be a compressor model. Mine runs very quietly and is barely noticeable.
Every freezer comes with a compressor, doesn't it?...My small freezer just started working this past weekend...At the moment I've got 3 cases of peps inside, and the digital thermometer probe is reading -22c...
He specifically mentioned a fridge… a lot of those small countertop units lack a compressor and rely on a Peltier heat pump instead. They can't reach the same low temperatures (30-40° below ambient), though they will run from USB and cost very little.
The one I have sits near 40°, and I store my in-use items there so they don't take up space in the family refrigerators.