GHK-CU Clumping

IronPaw.

Explorer
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane
My first GHK-CU vials just arrived, and I'm curious whether clumping is something typical or frequently seen with copper?
 
My own don't resemble that at all. Did moisture get inside? Hold on for a more knowledgeable reply than mine, but that would worry me as well.
 
It appears the cap has come off. Are there any punctures in the grey rubber at the top? If it showed up like this before you removed the cap, condensation could be the cause, though my own vials have never done that, so I'd hold off for additional responses. My guess is you bought just 1 vial rather than a kit, which would let you inspect the rest—or did you order a kit and every one of them looks identical?
 
Had you already begun reconstituting when you snapped this shot? It seems as though you removed the cap, added some recon solution, and then captured the image.
 
Derbyshire said:

It appears the cap has come off. Are there any punctures in the grey rubber at the top? If it showed up like this before you removed the cap, condensation could be the cause, though my own vials have never done that, so I'd hold off for additional responses. My guess is you bought just 1 vial rather than a kit, which would let you inspect the rest—or did you order a kit and every one of them looks identical?
I bought a kit, and every one of them has this appearance.
 
yrrdead said:

Had you already begun reconstituting when you snapped this shot? It seems as though you removed the cap, added some recon solution, and then captured the image.
Nope, I haven't begun to reconstitute them.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

My pucks are nothing like that. They come out completely dry, almost like bone.

HereKittyKitty said:

My pucks are nothing like that. They come out completely dry, almost like bone.

HereKittyKitty said:

My pucks are nothing like that. They come out completely dry, almost like bone.
I reached out to the vendor with the photos, and they replied with a picture saying this is normal?
 
IronPaw. said:

Derbyshire said:

It appears the cap has come off. Are there any punctures in the grey rubber at the top? If it showed up like this before you removed the cap, condensation could be the cause, though my own vials have never done that, so I'd hold off for additional responses. My guess is you bought just 1 vial rather than a kit, which would let you inspect the rest—or did you order a kit and every one of them looks identical?
I bought a kit, and every one of them has this appearance.
I have the same appearance on mine. I'm thinking about putting one under water for 60 minutes to check whether any water penetrates.

From my perspective, it appears to be moisture.
 
Honestly, no peptide ought to appear like that, unless water (or AA) has been reintroduced into it.

Could you tell me which vendor you got it from?
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Honestly, no peptide ought to appear like that, unless water (or AA) has been reintroduced into it.

Could you tell me which vendor you got it from?
MollyJEEP02
 
HereKittyKitty said:

I'd return to her.
I reached out and forwarded the pictures; according to them, that appearance is expected... at least where their product is concerned.

Picture from the vendor's reply.
 
Wow. Did she figure out what's behind it? It would be great if someone with more experience chimed in.
 
Here's what Google AI has to say. Apparently there's no cause for alarm, particularly when every vial looks the same way, even the ones still sitting with the vendor. From what I gather, JEEP also ranks among the more dependable suppliers.

"When a vial of lyophilized GHK-Cu shows a dark blue upper layer, a lighter blue lower layer, and a sharp dividing line between them, that is usually not viewed as optimal, though it does not automatically mean the product is ruined. What it frequently points to is that the copper-peptide complex is not spread evenly through the "puck" (the cake of powder).

Possible Reasons for the Color Gradient

Manufacturing Variation (Lyophilization): Freeze-drying (lyophilization) means freezing the material and then drying it under vacuum. Should the cooling or drying stage have been uneven, the concentration of the GHK-Cu peptide (blue by nature) could differ from one part of the vial to another.

Settling/Separation: The color split may result from fillers (like mannitol) settling in a different way than the active peptide while the vial was being filled.

Non-uniform Oxidation: Copper peptides ought to be stable, yet a small, uneven spread of moisture, or a slight difference in binding, can make the upper layer look darker (more concentrated) than the lower one.

Shipping/Physical Disturbance: During transit the powder might have separated or "broken", producing a visible split, even though the compound stays effective.

Is It Safe?

Normal Characteristics: Good-quality GHK-Cu powder ranges from pale blue to deep blue-violet, never grey, green, or white.

When to be Concerned: A powder that is white with just a few blue spots, or that looks greenish/brown, could signal degraded product, moisture intrusion, or poor-quality synthesis.

Recommendation: Run a reconstitution test. Add bacteriostatic water (or sterile water) to the vial. Within 2 minutes it should dissolve completely into a clear, uniform blue solution. If it fails to dissolve properly or leaves substantial sediment, the batch may be flawed."
 
IronPaw. said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I'd return to her.
I reached out and forwarded the pictures; according to them, that appearance is expected... at least where their product is concerned.

Picture from the vendor's reply.
I've bought from multiple suppliers in the past. This appearance is typical for GHK-Cu, and a darker layer at the top is common too. Like someone said before, reach out to the seller if it won't dissolve correctly.
 
dokterp said:

IronPaw. said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I'd return to her.
I reached out and forwarded the pictures; according to them, that appearance is expected... at least where their product is concerned.

Picture from the vendor's reply.
I've bought from multiple suppliers in the past. This appearance is typical for GHK-Cu, and a darker layer at the top is common too. Like someone said before, reach out to the seller if it won't dissolve correctly.
That puts my mind at ease, thanks. Dissolving took longer than it does with other peptides, though in the end it broke down fully.

This morning I did my first pin, and I'll check back in afterward with whatever happens, whether good or bad.
 
Back
Top