Getting labs done beforehand?

Can I trust the hormone and cholesterol readings to be reasonably accurate? I realize this isn't a complete panel workup—I just want to monitor a few things.
 
At 42, I’d gone roughly 25 years without seeing a doctor, and I’d never had blood work done. My wife spent the last 2-3 years pushing me hard to get a full work-up.

This year I finally agreed, and on January 5th I went through with it. Back then I was at my heaviest, drinking quite a bit, and overall not happy with where I was.

The results were moderate overall—except for high cholesterol, and liver values that were really not good, sitting well into the “yellow” range.

They scheduled an ultrasound right away to check my liver, and that led to a NAFLD diagnosis.

That was the switch that got me started on liver enzymes, and it’s the reason I began GLP’s at all! Tirz came first, with Reta stacked not long after. I overhauled my diet and essentially quit alcohol, and both changes came easily thanks to the Tirz.

2 months later, on March 12th, I had another panel done—

Every number was in the healthy green zone, and the improvement was already massive!

As long as I’m on a main dose of any peps, I’ll likely keep testing quarterly, then maybe move to biannually once I’m on maintenance.
 
TxUt777 said:

Can I trust the hormone and cholesterol readings to be reasonably accurate? I realize this isn't a complete panel workup—I just want to monitor a few things.

Since I'm on TRT, capillary testing gives me nothing useful at all... I'd been hoping to grab monthly labs on the cheap, but it seems like they're only somewhat reliable for spotting trend directions — that is, unless something else was going on with that specific draw, which would make that particular data point impossible to compare against the others.

Same relative timing, before TRT began, same time of day, same relative hydration:

Total Test:

Labcorp 239ng/dl

Rythm 277ng/dl

Siphox 183ng/dl

4 years back, my total test across two Labcorp tests 3 days apart came in at 262ng/dl and 263ng/dl (mine wasn't 277ng/dl).

Labcorp is the benchmark, Siphox ran low by 23% and Rythm ran high by 16%... this time.
 
TxUt777 said:

A Rhythm mail-in blood test kit showed up today. Tomorrow morning I'll do the draw. On top of that, I picked up a Lingo CGM — mostly out of curiosity about how different things move my glucose levels, lol. Anyone here have experience with either one? What worked, what didn't?
Ha! My kit only arrived 2 days back, and tomorrow morning I'm going to do the draw.
 
I’ve got lab results from three points: prior to beginning glp1, during the middle of treatment, and as of today.

The change is staggering — it goes well beyond dropping pounds.

My hba1c sits under 5, and my cholesterol, triglycerides have all fallen, along with uric acid, liver enzymes and even blood pressure.
 
Back
Top