Gaining muscle while using peptides

pepper56

Explorer
Joined
Jun 13, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
Hi everyone, up to now my peptide use has only been for shedding pounds (reta), so I have no experience with the kind of “peptides that help you build muscle and stay lean while putting away 3-4k calories daily.” Any suggestions on what I should look into?
 
First and foremost, you must eat, train with weights, and get enough rest.
 
Peptides won't help you put on muscle. Steroids are what you're actually referring to. For most people, steering clear of those is the wiser move — better to just keep showing up and lifting the heavy round things.
 
BigJDog said:

First and foremost, you must eat, train with weights, and get enough rest.
Exactly what that person said. (Whether they're a he or a she.)

Certain peptides can support your training — things like faster healing and GH release — but none of them will put on muscle on their own. I haven't tried any of those muscle-related peptides yet, though I intend to down the road. In the meantime, hitting the weights 4-5 times per week does the job. That's where you should begin, along with getting enough protein and kcal. Plenty of water. And make sure you rest.
 
Peptides may support recovery and repair signaling. The main drivers of muscle growth are still protein consumption, progressive overload, and recovery.
 
5byfive said:

Peptides won't help you put on muscle. Steroids are what you're actually referring to. For most people, steering clear of those is the wiser move — better to just keep showing up and lifting the heavy round things.
My weights are square — is it over for me?

Are there any peptides that could help make my square weights more rounded out?
 
pepper56 said:

Hi everyone, up to now my peptide use has only been for shedding pounds (reta), so I have no experience with the kind of “peptides that help you build muscle and stay lean while putting away 3-4k calories daily.” Any suggestions on what I should look into?
Assuming your gym sessions are productive and your protein intake is sufficient, these are compounds worth looking into and researching:-

ACE-031, ACE-083, ACVR2B-Fc, Follistatin-344, Follistatin-315, Follistatin (FLGR242), IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES, MGF, PEG-MGF, etc. Pairing them with things such as BPC, TB500, KPV, GHK-Cu, HNG may boost recovery rates considerably, which lets you train more frequently. Still, the decision is yours. This is not advice.
 
TRT could be something to look into, it depends on how old you are. That said, peptides alone aren't going to build muscle for you. The only route that works is TRT paired with a protein-rich diet, plenty of weight training, sufficient sleep and a very clean way of eating. That's my take as a 50-year-old man.
 
Look into HGH, Tesamorelin, Hexarelin, and similar options. Compounds like these can push your body toward producing additional growth. Add that on top of whichever testosterone you go with. Test stacks with basically anything. Just be careful with your dosing, seriously.
 
Like the majority of people here have already pointed out, peptides aren't going to add much muscle on their own. That said, my own experience with cjc+ipa has been faster recovery and improved sleep. Down the road that does translate into "more muscles", though the real driver is my eating, sleeping and training 3-4 times per week.

I'm just 4 weeks in, so ofc some of this is placebo. I had bloodwork done before I started, and I'll get another panel at the close of this "cycle". The plan is 16 weeks on, then at least 6-8 weeks off.
 
Wenjo said:

Like the majority of people here have already pointed out, peptides aren't going to add much muscle on their own. That said, my own experience with cjc+ipa has been faster recovery and improved sleep. Down the road that does translate into "more muscles", though the real driver is my eating, sleeping and training 3-4 times per week.

I'm just 4 weeks in, so ofc some of this is placebo. I had bloodwork done before I started, and I'll get another panel at the close of this "cycle". The plan is 16 weeks on, then at least 6-8 weeks off.
That's basically my approach too — I wasn't looking for something too aggressive. How are you planning your dosage? Right now I take 250mcg CJC & 250mcg IPA daily before bed, though I'm not entirely convinced that's the optimal choice 🤷‍♂️
 
As others have pointed out, there is no such thing as an anabolic peptide. Even growth-hormone-releasing compounds such as sermorelin, ipamorelin, or tesamorelin will not build muscle. I gave them a shot, and although they do provide specific advantages, such as reducing visceral fat, you would be better served by anabolic steroids, testosterone at the very least.

The sole option that could potentially be of help is follistatin, a myostatin inhibitor, though it carries a risk of heart enlargement
 
boshjosh88 said:

Wenjo said:

Like the majority of people here have already pointed out, peptides aren't going to add much muscle on their own. That said, my own experience with cjc+ipa has been faster recovery and improved sleep. Down the road that does translate into "more muscles", though the real driver is my eating, sleeping and training 3-4 times per week.

I'm just 4 weeks in, so ofc some of this is placebo. I had bloodwork done before I started, and I'll get another panel at the close of this "cycle". The plan is 16 weeks on, then at least 6-8 weeks off.
That's basically my approach too — I wasn't looking for something too aggressive. How are you planning your dosage? Right now I take 250mcg CJC & 250mcg IPA daily before bed, though I'm not entirely convinced that's the optimal choice 🤷‍♂️
I'm running 250/250 as well. Based on what I've come across, pushing the dose any higher doesn't seem to offer anything, and I haven't really found anyone claiming the opposite. My injection goes in right before bed. At the moment I follow 5on 2off, though I've been thinking about switching to every day.

Opinions are split — some people say the 2off stretch is worthwhile, while others say it makes no difference.
 
lastresort said:

As others have pointed out, there is no such thing as an anabolic peptide. Even growth-hormone-releasing compounds such as sermorelin, ipamorelin, or tesamorelin will not build muscle. I gave them a shot, and although they do provide specific advantages, such as reducing visceral fat, you would be better served by anabolic steroids, testosterone at the very least.

The sole option that could potentially be of help is follistatin, a myostatin inhibitor, though it carries a risk of heart enlargement
Steroids are too harsh for my taste. A natural-looking physique and the kind of gains peptides provide suit me fine. I hit the gym nearly every day, and thanks to peptides (CJC/IPA & KLOW) my lifts are higher than they've ever been and I bounce back quicker too. That has to translate into muscle growth, I'm fairly confident 💪
 
Wenjo said:


Im also at 250/250. From what Ive been reading theres really no point in going higher, havent seen anyone say otherwise really. Im pinning just before I go to sleep. Right now I do 5on 2off, but considering everyday.

Some say its good to go 2off, others say It doesnt matter.

Click to expand...
Splitting it into an evening shot plus a morning shot might bring advantages — I could move to that schedule in a few weeks, though honestly, who knows? My guess is nobody does. All I can say is that it's working for me. Alongside that, I take KLOW, which I also use in the morning (2.5/500/500/500).
 
reta-stacker said:


You could try circlitide or roundistatin.

Click to expand...
Way too common for my taste—I'd rather get my hands on a vial of PI-314 or RND-360.
 
Naturally, nothing beats resistance training for this goal.

Beyond adding a GH peptide, two other options come to mind: HCG, which is a peptide that raises testosterone production in men, and boron taken orally as a supplement, which gives free testosterone a modest lift.

On top of that, I use oral Cialis at 5+ mg every day, since it supports nitric oxide levels and endothelial function:

BamaCrazy said:


Cialis has additional benefits. Cialis works by releasing nitric oxide, relaxing small blood vessels in the arteries, so it brings down your blood pressure. It works for pulmonary hypertension. At higher doses (20mg) it can increase “pumps” in the gym. Another off-label use is helping prevent altitude-sickness prophylaxis (specifically prevention of high-altitude pulmonary edema).

Click to expand...
 
Back
Top