TheAnonOne
Explorer
Hi all, new to this board though grey and GLPs are old news for me
THE HISTORY:
I've been running Tirz close to 3 years and dropped 270->220. Big win. Then I moved over to Reta and shed another 10(ish) — another big win. As a 6ft tall male I never quite reached my target of living in the 190s, but I'll take it.
So in my head Reta was the king. Then I more or less flattened out on Reta at 215(ish), which for practical purposes matched what Tirz had done.
About a year on from that, "Anhedonia" — or just that flat "bla" feeling — forced me back onto Tirz alone. My natural setting is upbeat and positive, but stacked high on Reta life simply stops being enjoyable.
Roughly 10-15lbs came back, and I'm sitting somewhere in the 225->230 band. I can tell, and it has to change.
Through most of 2026 I've been at 10mg of Tirz /w.
THE PLAN:
Where GLP-1s are concerned my choices look somewhat narrow. My thinking is that Reta WOULD or COULD carry me back to where I used to be, and maybe to where I want to end up — except that Anhedonia rules out going straight back to a high Reta dose.
Tentatively the plan is 15+mg of Tirz AND a very low 1-2mg/w of Reta added on top.
Anyone been down this road? Did it work? Really I'm after ideas and stories about what has worked. Diet and exercise clearly count for something, but that belongs in a different thread I think.
THE HISTORY:
I've been running Tirz close to 3 years and dropped 270->220. Big win. Then I moved over to Reta and shed another 10(ish) — another big win. As a 6ft tall male I never quite reached my target of living in the 190s, but I'll take it.
So in my head Reta was the king. Then I more or less flattened out on Reta at 215(ish), which for practical purposes matched what Tirz had done.
About a year on from that, "Anhedonia" — or just that flat "bla" feeling — forced me back onto Tirz alone. My natural setting is upbeat and positive, but stacked high on Reta life simply stops being enjoyable.
Roughly 10-15lbs came back, and I'm sitting somewhere in the 225->230 band. I can tell, and it has to change.
Through most of 2026 I've been at 10mg of Tirz /w.
THE PLAN:
Where GLP-1s are concerned my choices look somewhat narrow. My thinking is that Reta WOULD or COULD carry me back to where I used to be, and maybe to where I want to end up — except that Anhedonia rules out going straight back to a high Reta dose.
Tentatively the plan is 15+mg of Tirz AND a very low 1-2mg/w of Reta added on top.
Anyone been down this road? Did it work? Really I'm after ideas and stories about what has worked. Diet and exercise clearly count for something, but that belongs in a different thread I think.