Freezing or no freezing?

kazza94x said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
Summer is the worst, and this one just got worse for me 🤣
Yet isn't it winter over there at the moment? So no problem 👍
 
ultima thule said:

What purpose does freezing peptides after reconstitution serve, and what is the reasoning behind it?
Exactly? A few folks have talked about putting already-mixed vials in the freezer after receiving multiple vials from a compounder at once, yet doing a DIY round of mixing and then freezing wouldn't give you any benefit...
 
Flash-BCR said:

kazza94x said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
Summer is the worst, and this one just got worse for me 🤣
Yet isn't it winter over there at the moment? So no problem 👍
Yep, luckily that applies to me too haha
 
Flash-BCR said:

ultima thule said:

What purpose does freezing peptides after reconstitution serve, and what is the reasoning behind it?
Exactly? A few folks have talked about putting already-mixed vials in the freezer after receiving multiple vials from a compounder at once, yet doing a DIY round of mixing and then freezing wouldn't give you any benefit...
To extend their shelf life beyond 28 days when mixed with bac water, and to keep the peptides themselves viable for longer before they are reconstituted.
 
Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
Ooof! The Southwest has my heart, and my plan is to spend retirement there—in an adobe house with thick walls and a pool dug into the ground. But so far I've only been there during winter. Hopefully Phoenix gives you that dry kind of heat? I recall being on an archaeological dig up in the mountains close to Tucson: high altitude, 95F/35C, yet I could remain outside the entire day without any trouble, all because the air was so dry. My hair has never looked better than it did then!

In case you weren't aware 😉... there exists a region of the hemisphere where winter brings snow, and the houses went up a century or two back...a magical northern land 🤣 ☃️ (Mine was constructed in 1927 and lacks air vents entirely. Among the places I've lived, this ranks as one of the newest...the others date to 1868 and 1891!)
 
Flash-BCR said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I was under the impression that keeping BAC at room temp once the stopper has been pierced lets the benzyl alcohol sit at a better temperature for keeping those nasty bacteria from taking over? That is the whole point of it being included, isn't it?.....Truth be told, if I end up having to redo the FAQ part of my homemade peptide science book guide even ONE more time, my head is going to burst!...
At zero Fahrenheit, microbes aren't reproducing much

ultima thule said:

What purpose does freezing peptides after reconstitution serve, and what is the reasoning behind it?
Saves time and materials when reconstituting, and makes things easier when you go to use it

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
Ooof! The Southwest has my heart, and my plan is to spend retirement there—in an adobe house with thick walls and a pool dug into the ground. But so far I've only been there during winter. Hopefully Phoenix gives you that dry kind of heat? I recall being on an archaeological dig up in the mountains close to Tucson: high altitude, 95F/35C, yet I could remain outside the entire day without any trouble, all because the air was so dry. My hair has never looked better than it did then!

In case you weren't aware 😉... there exists a region of the hemisphere where winter brings snow, and the houses went up a century or two back...a magical northern land 🤣 ☃️ (Mine was constructed in 1927 and lacks air vents entirely. Among the places I've lived, this ranks as one of the newest...the others date to 1868 and 1891!)
post-war
 
ZetsuM said:

No.

Peptides in freeze-dried (powder) form are fine to freeze, though this is usually only needed when storing them for a long time.

After reconstitution, keep peptides in the refrigerator between 2–8°C.

Bac-water helps keep the solution sterile for up to 4 weeks.
So after reconstituting you shouldn't freeze it, but before reconstituting it's okay to freeze?
 
kazza94x said:

That is a great deal of information, so thank you. To be certain everything is safe, I will carry on with my research. Mixing and preparing are fine for me because I am a student nurse, but chemistry is not my field, so when it comes to storage and chemical make ups, I am not at my strongest.

On the subject of the search function, I have given it a go in the way described, but I have autism and my eyes can sometimes be overwhelmed by information, which means I might miss things, so I apologise if that has irritated anybody.
Hi @kazza94x — I'm AuDHD too, and while I really enjoy learning things (my husband jokes that "Well, actually..." is practically my signature phrase LOL!), it can get overwhelming at times. On top of that, the words we think of for searching don't always line up with what's used here.

@smallbrainchud shared a really useful suggestion about searching, which you can find in post #13 of this thread


/community-link/post/203529/


According to him, a search engine can sometimes make it easier — just type something like

site:GLP1Chat.com epithalon effects sleep (swap "epithalon effects sleep" for any terms you're after)

Another thing I rely on is the bookmark tool for saving tips. Hit the small bookmark icon to the left of the post number (top right of a post), then add labels or phrases with commas between them. That way, finding those helpful posts later is super simple!
 
HouseCat said:

kazza94x said:

That is a great deal of information, so thank you. To be certain everything is safe, I will carry on with my research. Mixing and preparing are fine for me because I am a student nurse, but chemistry is not my field, so when it comes to storage and chemical make ups, I am not at my strongest.

On the subject of the search function, I have given it a go in the way described, but I have autism and my eyes can sometimes be overwhelmed by information, which means I might miss things, so I apologise if that has irritated anybody.
Hi @kazza94x — I'm AuDHD too, and while I really enjoy learning things (my husband jokes that "Well, actually..." is practically my signature phrase LOL!), it can get overwhelming at times. On top of that, the words we think of for searching don't always line up with what's used here.

@smallbrainchud shared a really useful suggestion about searching, which you can find in post #13 of this thread


/community-link/post/203529/


According to him, a search engine can sometimes make it easier — just type something like

site:GLP1Chat.com epithalon effects sleep (swap "epithalon effects sleep" for any terms you're after)

Another thing I rely on is the bookmark tool for saving tips. Hit the small bookmark icon to the left of the post number (top right of a post), then add labels or phrases with commas between them. That way, finding those helpful posts later is super simple!
I really appreciate you putting that together and telling me about your quirk haha. There are moments when it all feels like too much, but the method you described is the greatest one I have ever come across. Thanks once more!
 
kazza94x said:

ZetsuM said:

No.

Peptides in freeze-dried (powder) form are fine to freeze, though this is usually only needed when storing them for a long time.

After reconstitution, keep peptides in the refrigerator between 2–8°C.

Bac-water helps keep the solution sterile for up to 4 weeks.
So after reconstituting you shouldn't freeze it, but before reconstituting it's okay to freeze?
That's right.

But once it's been reconstituted, it goes in the fridge!
 
Back
Top