Forty years of sobriety, as of yesterday

HereKittyKitty

Explorer
Joined
Aug 24, 2025
Messages
660
Reaction score
0
Location
US
As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Congratulations. 🙌 Those one-day-at-a-time steps quietly become years. ❤️
 
Many congratulations!!!

A very good friend of mine died of alcoholism a few years ago, and whether tirzepatide would have been a helpful tool for her is something I wonder about (she was a bit overweight too, so a side-load benefit was possible). But you managed before any of these drugs existed, and continuing👏!
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Wow, what an achievement — congratulations!
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Congratulations! We've never met, but for what it's worth, proud of you is what I am. People you don't even know are watching you succeed. 👍
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Happy sober birthday to you!! 👍🙂❤️
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.

A real milestone on the path you're on, bravo!

Thinking back on those who took the other path is unavoidable for me. Many years in this business means I've seen my share of the damage done. Grateful for every survivor is what I am.
 
9dfd1dbf5afd6f9c91608141affd5d097f197dabd7e6ad283c49b9b88bfb9e2b.gif
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Wow, that's some achievement....Heavy drinking was something I used to do years ago but I quit 6 years ago too. For the first couple years no alcohol at all passed my lips...now there's only 1 exception. Some beers get sipped when I'm on holidays, which happens a couple times a year. Complete sobriety it isn't, I know, but still much better for my health....
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
That is amazing — really happy reading this, and truly inspiring 🫶
 
indolent said:

Many congratulations!!!

A very good friend of mine died of alcoholism a few years ago, and whether tirzepatide would have been a helpful tool for her is something I wonder about (she was a bit overweight too, so a side-load benefit was possible). But you managed before any of these drugs existed, and continuing👏!
So sorry to hear about your loss. What an ugly disease.

Thanks.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

As of yesterday, 40 years of sobriety is what I've marked. A little bit dumbfounded is how I feel. Being the newcomer is something I clearly recall.

A great life it is. One I'm grateful to be living.
Very nicely done, that is no easy feat at all, huge congratulations to you
 
Back
Top