For quicker post-workout recovery: peptides or non-peptides?

TwinSuns said:

BPC-157 and TB-500 have genuinely made a difference for my recovery. Right now I'm on a two week pause, and the contrast is obvious. I've used both a Wolverine blend and a KLOW blend. Looking forward to starting up again.
How much wolverine are you using?
 
amosmylove said:

TwinSuns said:

BPC-157 and TB-500 have genuinely made a difference for my recovery. Right now I'm on a two week pause, and the contrast is obvious. I've used both a Wolverine blend and a KLOW blend. Looking forward to starting up again.
How much wolverine are you using?
My dose was 1mg.
 
3-4 times a day? These workouts can't be anything but extremely low intensity. When it comes to workout volume, more is definitely not always better.
 
lastresort said:

I hit the weights 3-4 times a day.

Besides steroids and prohormones, what do the rest of you lifters use to speed up recovery?
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but what's the reason for 4 sessions in a single day? One hour daily ought to cover it. All you really require is a bit of rest, my friend.
 
I’ve only recently begun using bpc-157/ tb 500, and I’m genuinely hoping it will aid my recovery. I have a marathon coming up in October, my legs feel permanently exhausted, and I’ve been dealing with a hamstring strain since march
 
dancs said:


3-4 times A DAY??? What the hell is wrong with you???

Depending on the dose of HGH, it can either help with recovery, sleep and overall stability, or it can go even greater to muscle building/retention and aesthetics. Just keep in mind that for HGH to make a noticeable difference regarding muscle gain/retention, be prepared to wait for 30 days+

Click to expand...
My bad, man. I should have said 3-4 times a week.
 
lastresort said:

UnripeLadel said:

Before a session, creatine is hard to top; once you're done, protein does the job, and you'll also want to replace fluids with lots of water plus salts and electrolytes.

The real nuisance is lactic acid. There used to be a powder I took after training that made a big difference for that, but it's off the market now, and I keep wondering which ingredient in it was doing the work.
Me: begins doing leg extensions

Lactic acid shows up in the conversation.
Wow, those really hit me hard back then. At some point they seem to have stopped, though? Hip work in particular was brutal—roughly 3 reps at 30lb would wreck me, while now I’m handling closer to 200lb on hip abductions and hardly notice it.

A mild soreness shows up the following day, nothing more, yet I can recall them leaving me completely wiped out.
 
UnripeLadel said:

lastresort said:

UnripeLadel said:

Before a session, creatine is hard to top; once you're done, protein does the job, and you'll also want to replace fluids with lots of water plus salts and electrolytes.

The real nuisance is lactic acid. There used to be a powder I took after training that made a big difference for that, but it's off the market now, and I keep wondering which ingredient in it was doing the work.
Me: begins doing leg extensions

Lactic acid shows up in the conversation.
Wow, those really hit me hard back then. At some point they seem to have stopped, though? Hip work in particular was brutal—roughly 3 reps at 30lb would wreck me, while now I’m handling closer to 200lb on hip abductions and hardly notice it.

A mild soreness shows up the following day, nothing more, yet I can recall them leaving me completely wiped out.
it is the workout I dread most, yet my PT insists there is no alternative.

HGH keeps coming up in suggestions. From what I have read, it may interfere with insulin sensitivity, though I am currently taking retatrutide as well...does that mean I would be adding more danger than benefit?
 
lastresort said:

I hit the weights 3-4 times a day.

Besides steroids and prohormones, what do the rest of you lifters use to speed up recovery?
When it comes to speeding up recovery, enclomiphene and/or hCG are excellent options. Using a peptide alongside a SERM can deliver benefits similar to those of mild anabolic cycles.
 
lastresort said:

UnripeLadel said:

lastresort said:

UnripeLadel said:

Before a session, creatine is hard to top; once you're done, protein does the job, and you'll also want to replace fluids with lots of water plus salts and electrolytes.

The real nuisance is lactic acid. There used to be a powder I took after training that made a big difference for that, but it's off the market now, and I keep wondering which ingredient in it was doing the work.
Me: begins doing leg extensions

Lactic acid shows up in the conversation.
Wow, those really hit me hard back then. At some point they seem to have stopped, though? Hip work in particular was brutal—roughly 3 reps at 30lb would wreck me, while now I’m handling closer to 200lb on hip abductions and hardly notice it.

A mild soreness shows up the following day, nothing more, yet I can recall them leaving me completely wiped out.
it is the workout I dread most, yet my PT insists there is no alternative.

HGH keeps coming up in suggestions. From what I have read, it may interfere with insulin sensitivity, though I am currently taking retatrutide as well...does that mean I would be adding more danger than benefit?
For the past 3 months I've been on 3iu of hgh every day, and what I've noticed—same as with just about every other peptide, supplement, or anabolic—is that how someone lives and eats matters far more to their body than whatever enhancer they're using.

Sure, these compounds do have an impact, but assuming you're already insulin-sensitive, you train on a regular basis, and your diet isn't bad, then hgh-related insulin sensitivity isn't something I'd stress over—unless you're aiming to run bodybuilding-level doses.
 
For me, cjc-1295 combined with ipamorelin gave no boost to sleep or recovery—if anything, it made both worse. During the 5 weeks I was using it, my sleep was noticeably poorer than it has been over the past 7 days since I stopped.

I'm also taking a small amount of reta, and I'd hoped that stacking cjc/ipa would help me hold onto muscle and bounce back faster, following what seems to be a popular approach. Unfortunately, that combination simply didn't deliver for me.
 
Back
Top