For quicker post-workout recovery: peptides or non-peptides?

lastresort

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
Location
NorthEast US
I hit the weights 3-4 times a day.

Besides steroids and prohormones, what do the rest of you lifters use to speed up recovery?
 
Boosting the quality of your sleep is the top method for speeding up recovery. What matters isn't really the number of hours you spend asleep, but rather how restful that time overnight actually is. Should sleep quality already be fine, then checking out certain peptides could be a worthwhile option for recovery.

Regarding recovery, BPC-157 & TB-500 can assist with smaller injuries and soreness. There are certainly additional peptides available designed for recovery, yet these 2 tend to show up on the radar of most individuals. Hope this helps!
 
Before a session, creatine is hard to top; once you're done, protein does the job, and you'll also want to replace fluids with lots of water plus salts and electrolytes.

The real nuisance is lactic acid. There used to be a powder I took after training that made a big difference for that, but it's off the market now, and I keep wondering which ingredient in it was doing the work.
 
UnripeLadel said:

Before a session, creatine is hard to top; once you're done, protein does the job, and you'll also want to replace fluids with lots of water plus salts and electrolytes.

The real nuisance is lactic acid. There used to be a powder I took after training that made a big difference for that, but it's off the market now, and I keep wondering which ingredient in it was doing the work.
Me: begins doing leg extensions

Lactic acid shows up in the conversation.
 
Training 3-4 times a day is a huge load. To be honest, no matter what you add on top of it, the biggest pieces are going to be rest and sleep. If your sleep is poor or you aren't allowing enough downtime between sessions, nothing else will compensate.

If the priority is recovery, then the 2 most frequently mentioned are BPC-157 and TB-500. A number of people combine them into a stack (wolverine stack) and strongly credit it for soft tissue and joint recovery. It may be worth checking out if you haven't already.
 
Hawk_recon said:

Test and HGH. However, since you specified non-steroids... a KLOW or GLOW blend might be worth considering.
HGH is not a prohormone and would be very effective. So
 
CNCCurrency said:

Hawk_recon said:

Test and HGH. However, since you specified non-steroids... a KLOW or GLOW blend might be worth considering.
HGH is not a prohormone and would be very effective. So
I'm with you on that. I was just unsure whether they'd write it off as one of those options they don't want to bother with, given that the word "hormone" appears in its name.
 
BPC-157 and TB-500 have genuinely made a difference for my recovery. Right now I'm on a two week pause, and the contrast is obvious. I've used both a Wolverine blend and a KLOW blend. Looking forward to starting up again.
 
Hawk_recon said:

CNCCurrency said:

Hawk_recon said:

Test and HGH. However, since you specified non-steroids... a KLOW or GLOW blend might be worth considering.
HGH is not a prohormone and would be very effective. So
I'm with you on that. I was just unsure whether they'd write it off as one of those options they don't want to bother with, given that the word "hormone" appears in its name.
whenever growth comes up in discussion. A lot of ordinary people immediately freak out as if I'm in bodysnatchers. They assume I'll end up resembling Sylvester Stallone from his early 2020s Rambo comeback. That big eighthead guy
 
From what I've experienced, boosting how well and how long you sleep is the single most effective step for recovering faster after training. Over the last 2 to 3 weeks I've been running experiments, and I believe I've dialed in my sleep. I lift weights every day, and recently I managed to fully repair my sleep schedule. These days I'm asleep by 10 p.m. and up at 5 a.m. every day. As a result, my circadian rhythm has adjusted to this new timing, and I now wake up with a ton of energy, while my recovery has been incredible lately. On your rest days from lifting, I'd recommend throwing in some cardio, so that you feel a bit drowsier before bed thanks to having exercised earlier in the day. As for peptides, my epithalon and DSIP order just arrived, and I still need to reconstitute them. So I'll handle that soon and give them a try, since they're said to significantly improve sleep quality. Look into those peptides a bit. From what I understand, DSIP is meant to increase your deeper delta sleep, and epithalon is meant to make you sleepier. I'm eager to test them out.
 
lastresort said:

I hit the weights 3-4 times a day.

Besides steroids and prohormones, what do the rest of you lifters use to speed up recovery?
If sleep is dialed in, that's where the biggest payoff comes from, in my view. Supplements like melatonin and magnesium bisglycinate are solid examples of things that may support better sleep and therefore recovery.

On the peptide side, TB-500 paired with BPC-157 is considered one of the strongest options for healing tissue. That said, using them continuously for an extended stretch isn't something I'd suggest, since the angiogenesis they drive might also encourage growth you don't want.

HGH falls into the same category. Recovery-wise it can help a lot, but anyone with cancer or tumors in their family history should get evaluated first and weigh the possible downsides carefully.

That said, training 3–4 times a day really calls for rethinking the whole program. Recovering from that volume isn't realistic unless someone also sleeps 2–3 times daily and keeps nutrition on point — even pro-athletes don't train that way
 
aepower2016 said:

Boosting the quality of your sleep is the top method for speeding up recovery. What matters isn't really the number of hours you spend asleep, but rather how restful that time overnight actually is. Should sleep quality already be fine, then checking out certain peptides could be a worthwhile option for recovery.

Regarding recovery, BPC-157 & TB-500 can assist with smaller injuries and soreness. There are certainly additional peptides available designed for recovery, yet these 2 tend to show up on the radar of most individuals. Hope this helps!
Once I started sleeping more each day, everything in my life improved. I used to only get around 4-5 hours, but these days I aim for 6-7. My energy is higher and I feel a lot better.
 
It isn't exactly a workout, but I've seen that when I use KLOW before sleeping after playing golf, my soreness the next morning is clearly reduced. I can't tell whether the bigger factor is KPV or BPC/TB-500. Under stress and with more movement than usual, my skin and joints tend to become inflamed.
 
Simply repeating the point others have made.. recovery comes from sleep. For sleep, I use mag gly and melatonin. In the morning, GH on an empty stomach. Plus an antioxidant, glutathione.
 
Sounds like you're just starting out with lifting. After you've repeatedly hammered a given muscle group hard, your body adapts and it stops being such a problem. The exception is if you keep taking sets to failure — then you're bringing it on yourself, and only time will fix it. So vary which muscles you train and when, use cardio-only days purely to rack up steps, pick some new or experimental movements for days when you're too wrecked for your planned workout but still want to train, and schedule rest days.
 
Back
Top