First testosterone pins - 100mg a week, so far so good

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
 
Ask the other doctor for a copy of your before labs, so they can hopefully be used at the TRT Dr... Customer provided labs are accepted by TRT Nation, and that baseline makes a legal script easier to get. Additional labs at 8 weeks, 6 months and 1 year will be required. (If you decide to get a Rx)
 
The last paragraph got skipped, so I assumed the car dash was what you warmed your cyp on. Bad internet friend, that's me.
 
woundcarping said:

Ask the other doctor for a copy of your before labs, so they can hopefully be used at the TRT Dr... Customer provided labs are accepted by TRT Nation, and that baseline makes a legal script easier to get. Additional labs at 8 weeks, 6 months and 1 year will be required. (If you decide to get a Rx)
good on you, nicely done .
 
1 year into the DIY TRT, and many benefits have definitely shown up.

Testing happened every 60 days and a few adjustments followed, but I have been fortunate enough not to need AI - estradiol leveled out to a mid range and never went above.

Slight hematocrit increase did happen, and hydration has been the focus to bring it back down.

Test E was started higher, then brought down, and after the next test I will see whether a further adjustment is needed. 162 total per week currently, with HCG at 250iu 2x per week.

Weight will likely go on and hunger will increase, but the composition should be good rather than belly....

Test regularly

Fitomics has been my provider for the last year, though goodlabs looks like it might be a better option.

this is my standard:

f56ecfb109d36efed8de823b38ac9f4862f553152f6cf3b901268fdcc96b70b9.webp


EDIT:

SubQ in the belly was tried and welts appeared, so 31g in Delts was the decision, where there is very little fat. Whether 5/16 is getting to far in is unclear, so it might be a hybrid of subq/im, but pressing it right into delt muscle means No ISR since starting that way.
 
Skidude said:

1 year into the DIY TRT, and many benefits have definitely shown up.

Testing happened every 60 days and a few adjustments followed, but I have been fortunate enough not to need AI - estradiol leveled out to a mid range and never went above.

Slight hematocrit increase did happen, and hydration has been the focus to bring it back down.

Test E was started higher, then brought down, and after the next test I will see whether a further adjustment is needed. 162 total per week currently, with HCG at 250iu 2x per week.

Weight will likely go on and hunger will increase, but the composition should be good rather than belly....

Test regularly

Fitomics has been my provider for the last year, though goodlabs looks like it might be a better option.

this is my standard:

View attachment 248

EDIT:

SubQ in the belly was tried and welts appeared, so 31g in Delts was the decision, where there is very little fat. Whether 5/16 is getting to far in is unclear, so it might be a hybrid of subq/im, but pressing it right into delt muscle means No ISR since starting that way.
SUPER HELPFUL, once again!

goodlabs is also under consideration; fitomics was new to me, ty again!!!!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
What stops estrogen from creating bad results for you? Self dosing testosterone is not the same as self dosing peptides - hormones are a whole different kettle of fish. Hopefully a Sydney Sweeney chesticle rack does not grow on you to go with your new found svelteness.

Watch for side effects, and keep your head about you.

🙏🙏🫡
 
My language is being spoken here. Whether a glp or trt comes first is what I am on the fence about. That, and where the best place to get labs done in Canada is. Do fitomics, goodlabs, etc have local subs, or are samples shipped all over the US - any idea?
 
islandtime50 said:

My language is being spoken here. Whether a glp or trt comes first is what I am on the fence about. That, and where the best place to get labs done in Canada is. Do fitomics, goodlabs, etc have local subs, or are samples shipped all over the US - any idea?
Quest and Labcorp are the contractors, so a Canada presence may exist? Unsure on my part.

Bear in mind that the higher your fat%, the more potential issues with estradiol there are; hitting goal BMI first is what I personally waited for.

Taking that route means reading and testing a lot before starting, since potential issues are many and this is a long term marathon rather than a sprint.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
I'm not following - what does that mean?

Also, is it normal that it arrived already reconstituted?
 
RetCurious said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
I'm not following - what does that mean?

Also, is it normal that it arrived already reconstituted?
Take a look at the photo - the cap sits under the plunger of a 31g syringe. That is the "auto-draw" trick, haha
 
RetCurious said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
I'm not following - what does that mean?

Also, is it normal that it arrived already reconstituted?
Test is already dissolved in a carrier oil, so there is nothing to reconstitute the way you would a peptide.
 
LabRatts said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
What stops estrogen from creating bad results for you? Self dosing testosterone is not the same as self dosing peptides - hormones are a whole different kettle of fish. Hopefully a Sydney Sweeney chesticle rack does not grow on you to go with your new found svelteness.

Watch for side effects, and keep your head about you.

🙏🙏🫡
I hate citing forum posts as a source - normally I would laugh right in their faces! But a lot of those guys are self-managing this stuff...

Maybe I am getting this wrong. Should I stop now and go with one of the clinics instead? Money is not the issue, I just did not think I needed to yet.

I am already sitting on an A cup - going up a size is the last thing I want.

What would you do?
 
Right at the start, having a telehealth clinic looking over your shoulder until the dose settles is not a bad move. I use TRT Nation myself, and they hand over an AI along with instructions to hold off unless my E2 climbs or symptoms appear. I have not needed it so far, but it is reassuring to have on hand. My understanding is that they accept lab work up to 120 days old, so your existing panel should work - as long as it covers the minimum set they want (i.e., total testosterone, estradiol (E2), CBC, PSA, and CMP).

Getting the dose dialed in can take a while, more so while you are still losing weight. 14 years on TRT means I self-guide my treatment and know which labs to run, when to run them, checking hemoglobin at home every few days, donating blood whenever I creep too high, etc. In practice the clinic is just how I order compounded test instead of going ugl. If I were starting today, I would want a clinic behind me while everything settles, but everyone is different.
 
LabRatts said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
What stops estrogen from creating bad results for you? Self dosing testosterone is not the same as self dosing peptides - hormones are a whole different kettle of fish. Hopefully a Sydney Sweeney chesticle rack does not grow on you to go with your new found svelteness.

Watch for side effects, and keep your head about you.

🙏🙏🫡

Estrogen is not automatically a problem - as with most of this, it comes down to the individual. Splitting 120-180mg/week across 3x and pinning SQ has left me with no estrogen trouble at all.

islandtime50 said:

My language is being spoken here. Whether a glp or trt comes first is what I am on the fence about. That, and where the best place to get labs done in Canada is. Do fitomics, goodlabs, etc have local subs, or are samples shipped all over the US - any idea?

Run both - GLP for the weight, TRT to hold onto lean mass while you drop it. I started GLP on 12/10 and TRT on 1/19, because appointments and shipping did not line up. No regrets.
 
Mood said:

RetCurious said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
I'm not following - what does that mean?

Also, is it normal that it arrived already reconstituted?
Test is already dissolved in a carrier oil, so there is nothing to reconstitute the way you would a peptide.
Seeing BA printed on the label confused me, thanks.
 
RetCurious said:

Mood said:

RetCurious said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Another post of mine was up asking to be talked in or out of it. Guys my own age ( 50's ) say it will make me feel better, so many of them, and at this point that is what I need.

Larger guage syringes were ordered but the wrong ones turned up, and I am glad that happened now! Explanation in a minute.

Bloods were done recently, morning tests both times, shooting in the 200s. Not good enough, according to Dr. Whether that is an insurance thing or my dr not liking it, I dunno, but whatever.

Mine came from my own source. Not through a trt clinic, and bloodwork again will be needed once my natural test is trashed in the next 6 or 8 weeks - a clinic will absolutely be engaged, or at the very least quest blood tests, to see where im at by then and how I feel.

100 a week is the starting point for the time being. The needles were wrong ( easy touch 29g was the order, some chinese brand arrived instead nope nope nope ) so my 31g insulin pins had to do.

No problems at all! Some genius on reddit has a great idea - a needle cap for drawing the warmed up test. Amazing how well it worked!

100mg per week was the decision, and 3 pins for the first week was the choice, only 13 units each. The dreaded oil lump worried me a lot, along with pain like klow gave me. Nothing. Another 13 went in today, with another 13 a few days from now. If next week throws up no issues, the dose simply gets split across twice a week or every 3.5 days.

The stack now: tesa 5 on 2 off, tirz/reta once a week each, and Testosterone.

Recomping my body, losing the last bit of weight and spending the summer swimming and camping - I am super excited. An old low miles 08 crv exl just got picked up, along with a roof rack and electric bike carrier for it. Last summer the fattest fuck in the room was me; this summer will be much, much different.
I'm not following - what does that mean?

Also, is it normal that it arrived already reconstituted?
Test is already dissolved in a carrier oil, so there is nothing to reconstitute the way you would a peptide.
Seeing BA printed on the label confused me, thanks.
BA is in there as a preservative in multi-use vials. Single-use vials and 1ml ampules can be made without it, though from what I have seen most of them still carry it.
 
Glad to see you logging this Gr33dy, I want your feedback. Mine is low 300 and my Dr will not even order bloodwork for it - they just do not want to deal with male hormones. Yet the moment my cholesterol goes over 200 they shove a statin down your throat and act like you have months to live.
 
Back
Top