Fever one to two days after injection

ibnsos

Explorer
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Tehachapi CA
This was my 4th dose at 6mg, all drawn from the same vial (I started at 1mg on 4/27 and titrated upward). Last week my shot was on Sunday, and in the early hours of Tuesday I woke up feverish. My temperature swung between 99.5 and 103.5. This week I moved the injection to Saturday, since I have a flight on Tuesday and in person interviews on Wednesday. Around 0100 this morning I woke up with a low grade fever once more, and the highest reading so far today is 102.6.

There is nothing going on at the injection site (no pain, redness, swelling, itchiness, etc.). The only thing I am experiencing is a fever, along with that feverish head feeling and chills. I take KLOW on its own and Tesa before bed Monday through Friday, and neither of those has given me any trouble.

Has this happened to anyone else?
 
Do you run it through a filter? Has the product undergone batch testing? Does the vial look clear, or is it cloudy?

A fever — and more serious effects — can be brought on by bacteria as well as endotoxins. I would stop using that vial.
 
CandyCap said:

Do you run it through a filter? Has the product undergone batch testing? Does the vial look clear, or is it cloudy?

A fever — and more serious effects — can be brought on by bacteria as well as endotoxins. I would stop using that vial.

I haven't been filtering. The batch did get tested. Looking at the vial, it's clear and nothing appears unusual. I've already discarded it as a precaution.
 
I'm not ruling out that your vial is the cause, but lately there's been a rise in colds, flu, and other viruses—particularly given the season.
 
WLBLD said:

I'm not ruling out that your vial is the cause, but lately there's been a rise in colds, flu, and other viruses—particularly given the season.
That is true, though it would be strange for a viral fever to return after 1 week without any secondary infection. RSV would be an exception, since it comes with symptoms that are easy to notice.
 
ibnsos said:

CandyCap said:

Do you run it through a filter? Has the product undergone batch testing? Does the vial look clear, or is it cloudy?

A fever — and more serious effects — can be brought on by bacteria as well as endotoxins. I would stop using that vial.

I haven't been filtering. The batch did get tested. Looking at the vial, it's clear and nothing appears unusual. I've already discarded it as a precaution.
Was the testing limited to ID, mass and purity, or did it also cover sterility and endotoxins?
 
So the vial had been sitting around for 4,5 months? Which one is it, reta or tirz?
 
Yes, I’ve experienced this too. That said, my kids pick up bugs at school and bring them home, so it was impossible to know for sure what caused it. On top of that, 103.5 is quite a high temperature. At 105, seizures become a possibility. My stance is always the same: if you’re genuinely worried about your health, see a doctor or go to the hospital.
 
I’ll just say this: if my temperature had hit 103.5, I’d have gone to the ER.
 
The endo test for the "batch" came back ND.

This is Reta. The vial was mixed 4 weeks ago. The first 2 shots from this vial caused no problems, and neither did the 6 shots from the earlier vial of the same batch.

From what I've read about endos, they typically hit within hours and ought to cause injection site reactions too. Another strange thing: the fever simply disappears. When I normally get sick with a fever, it "breaks" — this one never "breaks". Right now the fever is gone, back to 98.6.
 
The overwhelmingly likely cause here is an infection, and viral is the usual suspect. It's extremely common for a fever to show up first, before anything else, when an infection is starting — chances are you'll notice additional symptoms within the next day or two, typically the standard cold or flu complaints. Adults pick up a few viral infections annually on average, so statistically that's the most probable explanation. Correlation doesn't equal causation, and in all likelihood the reta isn't involved.

Can you simply accept that reasoning and disregard any danger of a systemic infection or a reaction to the shot? If it had gone into a vein and the source might not have been sterile, then no — but septicemia isn't something subcutaneous injections usually bring on directly. A localized infection would be far more plausible, and that would most likely happen without any fever at all. The real guide is how ill you actually feel, and perhaps being extra careful if you're older or have medical conditions. When there's just a temperature with no clear cause and you feel roughly as rough as that level of fever would suggest, it's sensible to wait it out — take paracetamol or ibuprofen if you need them and keep your fluid intake up. Should it drag on without any viral symptoms, getting checked by a doctor would be sensible; a basic blood count can indicate whether a viral or other infection is probable. If you're feeling truly awful, can't get up, aren't passing any urine, or notice anything else that seems concerning, then it makes sense to treat a more serious cause as possible — oddly enough, how sick someone appears or feels tends to be one of the most reliable signals of a serious medical issue, though it clearly isn't foolproof.
 
ibnsos said:

This was my 4th dose at 6mg, all drawn from the same vial (I started at 1mg on 4/27 and titrated upward). Last week my shot was on Sunday, and in the early hours of Tuesday I woke up feverish. My temperature swung between 99.5 and 103.5. This week I moved the injection to Saturday, since I have a flight on Tuesday and in person interviews on Wednesday. Around 0100 this morning I woke up with a low grade fever once more, and the highest reading so far today is 102.6.

There is nothing going on at the injection site (no pain, redness, swelling, itchiness, etc.). The only thing I am experiencing is a fever, along with that feverish head feeling and chills. I take KLOW on its own and Tesa before bed Monday through Friday, and neither of those has given me any trouble.

Has this happened to anyone else?
I'd stop using this vial for further testing.

When chills and a fever of 102–103°F show up a second time from the same product, and roughly on the same timeline after injecting, that's enough for me to set that vial aside and seek medical advice. A lack of reaction at the injection site does not mean a systemic reaction can be ruled out.

This could be entirely unrelated — perhaps an infection or another cause — but since it has happened twice now after doses from the same vial, I wouldn't chalk it up to a routine peptide side effect. I'd also hold onto the vial, the lot/batch details, and the injection dates/times so they can be reviewed if necessary.

And frankly, when a fever climbs to 103.5°F, my bigger concern would be finding out why you're getting repeated high fevers, not whether others have had the same experience.
 
ibnsos said:

The endo test for the "batch" came back ND.

This is Reta. The vial was mixed 4 weeks ago. The first 2 shots from this vial caused no problems, and neither did the 6 shots from the earlier vial of the same batch.

From what I've read about endos, they typically hit within hours and ought to cause injection site reactions too. Another strange thing: the fever simply disappears. When I normally get sick with a fever, it "breaks" — this one never "breaks". Right now the fever is gone, back to 98.6.
Based on what I know, endo doesn't present with these symptoms.
 
Give it a few weeks...if the fever comes back, then you'll know reta wasn't the cause...

Probably not it, since the first few shots didn't make you sick...could be one of the other peps?

Or it might just be a virus making the rounds...which is most likely the case.
 
ibnsos said:

The endo test for the "batch" came back ND.

This is Reta. The vial was mixed 4 weeks ago. The first 2 shots from this vial caused no problems, and neither did the 6 shots from the earlier vial of the same batch.

From what I've read about endos, they typically hit within hours and ought to cause injection site reactions too. Another strange thing: the fever simply disappears. When I normally get sick with a fever, it "breaks" — this one never "breaks". Right now the fever is gone, back to 98.6.
The only way I'd dismiss endotoxins is if you built up exposure slowly and the reaction only appeared afterward. I wouldn't discount endos.
 
Redz said:

ibnsos said:

The endo test for the "batch" came back ND.

This is Reta. The vial was mixed 4 weeks ago. The first 2 shots from this vial caused no problems, and neither did the 6 shots from the earlier vial of the same batch.

From what I've read about endos, they typically hit within hours and ought to cause injection site reactions too. Another strange thing: the fever simply disappears. When I normally get sick with a fever, it "breaks" — this one never "breaks". Right now the fever is gone, back to 98.6.
The only way I'd dismiss endotoxins is if you built up exposure slowly and the reaction only appeared afterward. I wouldn't discount endos.
I doubt it.
 
Redz said:


I’m not saying it’s likely I’m saying you can’t rule it out.

Click to expand...
I still question that, since what he described was a low grade fever, Endo, Even in minuscule quantities, they function as powerful pyrogens that trigger pronounced fever reactions.
 
Back
Top