Fever one to two days after injection

ibnsos said:

The endo test for the "batch" came back ND.

This is Reta. The vial was mixed 4 weeks ago. The first 2 shots from this vial caused no problems, and neither did the 6 shots from the earlier vial of the same batch.

From what I've read about endos, they typically hit within hours and ought to cause injection site reactions too. Another strange thing: the fever simply disappears. When I normally get sick with a fever, it "breaks" — this one never "breaks". Right now the fever is gone, back to 98.6.
With endotoxins and pathogens, symptoms appear right away. In contrast, heavy metals accumulate gradually, so they need time before effects show.

My guess is that the cause lies elsewhere, rather than with the peptides.
 
I didn't catch the part at first about this happening a second time — I misread the original post slightly. A virus still seems like the most probable explanation, but if it really did occur twice, I'd treat a contaminated vial as a more serious possibility and stop using that vial. Whether it warrants medical review probably still comes down to how sick you feel. If anything else shows up that a virus wouldn't explain, it would be wise to get checked out, particularly if your medical history has anything relevant in it. Normally you'd expect a virus to bring a temperature up and then settle down, not come back — though it certainly can happen. I'm not sure whether you were measuring it regularly during the gap, or whether you took anything that could bring a fever down.

If endotoxin contamination were the cause, and it came from the manufacturing stage, then it should have shown up from the very first injection, and a large amount would be needed to produce a fever like that. So if something injected is responsible, the more likely route is bacteria or fungi multiplying in the vial after you reconstituted it. Even then, infection seems improbable — a systemic infection wouldn't be expected to resolve by itself. You'd also likely see some local inflammation, rather than a fever alone.
 
Back
Top