Feeling stuck and unsure what to do next

Tator

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
 
From what I understand, component testing isn't done with the goal of "I want to know what is in here." Instead, it verifies "what percentage of purity this substance has and how much of it is contained." The former can be done too, but it would require a different method.
 
I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
 
I feel bad that this happened to you. If the possibility of losing cash by going gray and needing to test is something you'd rather avoid, then my suggestion would be to look for vendors located in your own country (I don't know whether you're based in the US). Going gray is still something I have a lot to learn about too, but since dealing with my own testing or crypto isn't something I want on my plate at the moment, I've stuck to ordering from US vendors only when a sale pops up.

A post I came across here pointed out that the expense and hassle of testing ends up being worthwhile, since you're only paying slightly more than you would with gray. My own budget is tight as well, which is why I'm constantly hunting for deals/discounts from companies based in the US. That way I get peace of mind — I know what I'm getting, and the money feels well spent with fewer headaches. Good luck to you.
 
You believe you received something different from what you ordered, but what makes you so sure? That kind of mix-up is really uncommon, and it's even less likely when the seller has a solid reputation. Unless it's a drug or peptide you've used before and it produced very distinctive effects or side effects, I don't see how you could determine what you actually got. From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you've tried them before, and I don't even know which peptide was involved.

When you buy grey peptides, there are risks involved. You have to be okay with the possibility that an order won't show up or will be defective (far less probable) at some point, and treat that as part of the bargain when you're getting glp drugs for 1/20th the price. If you don't have confidence in what you purchased, place another order with a seller who has a good reputation, since that's likely the most dependable and straightforward method for choosing a vendor. Their entire business depends on avoiding bad reviews or poor test results being made public, which gives them enough incentive to do things properly.
 
Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
Look at: /community-link/thread/18853/ and /community-link/thread/18853/

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
That does NOT EXIST. Look at: ⚠️ VENDOR DISCLAIMER ⚠️

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
What Jano cares about isn't so much you naming the peptide for them, but rather you naming it for Czech customs, because legal requirements have to be satisfied. Blind testing is not made irrelevant by that at all.

Testing is, in the end, simply one aspect of sourcing on the grey market. So if having tests run to confirm a vendor stands behind a guarantee isn't something you're ready for, then maybe the grey market just isn't right for you.
 
ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
 
lessthanhalf said:

You believe you received something different from what you ordered, but what makes you so sure? That kind of mix-up is really uncommon, and it's even less likely when the seller has a solid reputation. Unless it's a drug or peptide you've used before and it produced very distinctive effects or side effects, I don't see how you could determine what you actually got. From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you've tried them before, and I don't even know which peptide was involved.

When you buy grey peptides, there are risks involved. You have to be okay with the possibility that an order won't show up or will be defective (far less probable) at some point, and treat that as part of the bargain when you're getting glp drugs for 1/20th the price. If you don't have confidence in what you purchased, place another order with a seller who has a good reputation, since that's likely the most dependable and straightforward method for choosing a vendor. Their entire business depends on avoiding bad reviews or poor test results being made public, which gives them enough incentive to do things properly.
The reason is that at such a high dose of reta, taken for 2-3 months, I had no side effects at all. The only thing I noticed was that my muscles weren't sore after a workout (I'm guessing that's from the TB500?).

You told me it's uncommon for this to happen, but given how many batch mixups and similar problems seem to be popping up recently, I feel like it's happening often.

If I keep using the grey market, I'll probably pick a US vendor next time, one that takes US testing.
 
Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
 
ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
 
Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
So you begin at 8 mg?

I get it, they might refund the kit, though I doubt they'll cover the testing. That's the point I was making.

Honestly though, it does seem like you ended up with TB500, and it's wild that you used 7 vials before catching on.
 
ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
So you begin at 8 mg?

I get it, they might refund the kit, though I doubt they'll cover the testing. That's the point I was making.

Honestly though, it does seem like you ended up with TB500, and it's wild that you used 7 vials before catching on.
Began at 0.5 and climbed all the way to 8mg, since no side effects showed up for me.

On here, the common refrain was that "some people are slow responders," so I figured I'd put that to the test with fast increases.
 
Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
So you begin at 8 mg?

I get it, they might refund the kit, though I doubt they'll cover the testing. That's the point I was making.

Honestly though, it does seem like you ended up with TB500, and it's wild that you used 7 vials before catching on.
Began at 0.5 and climbed all the way to 8mg, since no side effects showed up for me.

On here, the common refrain was that "some people are slow responders," so I figured I'd put that to the test with fast increases.
I get it — my own start was 0.5mg with nothing happening. The first bit of an effect showed up once I reached 1 mg. Then at 1.5 it felt weaker than that first 1mg, though that's likely just adaptation. Even so, I can get through the whole day eating only dinner. Down nearly 4 kg, though it's probably mostly water.

To be honest, I don't blame you for not wanting to test. I wouldn't want to either. Having worked in sales, my first thought when reading this is poor customer service. That said, buying grey means accepting this kind of risk. The only moves left are leaving a bad review and finding a different vendor.

Alternatively, test it and try to get your money back — but I doubt they'd reimburse the testing cost too, so you're out money either way.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
Look at: /community-link/thread/18853/ and /community-link/thread/18853/

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
That does NOT EXIST. Look at: ⚠️ VENDOR DISCLAIMER ⚠️

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
What Jano cares about isn't so much you naming the peptide for them, but rather you naming it for Czech customs, because legal requirements have to be satisfied. Blind testing is not made irrelevant by that at all.

Testing is, in the end, simply one aspect of sourcing on the grey market. So if having tests run to confirm a vendor stands behind a guarantee isn't something you're ready for, then maybe the grey market just isn't right for you.

The more I see it, the more I like that you went with the Good Papa Schultz picture

🙂
 
Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
Judging a peptide by how it "feels" tells you almost nothing, and that goes double for anyone who has never had a GLP-1 in their body before. (We will not even open the subject of people who jump straight into reta.)

Only lab testing on your own vial will settle this. Skipping it is a legitimate choice, but either way, guessing at it never produces an answer.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
Judging a peptide by how it "feels" tells you almost nothing, and that goes double for anyone who has never had a GLP-1 in their body before. (We will not even open the subject of people who jump straight into reta.)

Only lab testing on your own vial will settle this. Skipping it is a legitimate choice, but either way, guessing at it never produces an answer.
Nothing has been settled yet. I have a Retatrutide vial that appears not to work. Over 6 months I dropped 70 pounds, hit my target weight, and went through assorted side effects, among them a calming of fierce autoimmune inflammation, so I would claim to have some sense of what genuine Retatrutide does to me and for me.

Today the vial goes out for testing, and before long we should have an answer.

It could be that the lab reports 20mg of Retatrutide, exactly as it ought to be. Should that happen, perhaps other factors (BAC water, for instance) explain why it did nothing. Still, BT labs is close by. Away I go.

What BT labs told me was: "I am sorry to hear that you suspect that your Reta is ineffective - unfortunately we do see it more often than we would like"
 
Every GLP kit I get goes to testing, COA from the vendor or not. So far, everything has come back legit. Testing runs me $225. My body reacts slowly to all GLPs, so judging by how I feel alone won't tell you whether it's bad. Nothing happened for me until 4mg, and even at that dose progress was extremely slow. Constipation and acne were the only side effects I noticed. Maybe a local wellness center would sit better with you. Around where I live, I've seen Reta advertised at $200. My guess is that covers 1 month, though I've never asked. It was just an ad I came across.
 
Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
Starting your own group test is always an option. The costs can be brought down substantially even with a small number of participants. Group tests are especially common for Reta, particularly among the most popular vendors. (The same goes for elora from Uther, as Uther is the only vendor that has shipped elora so far, while Changsha elora remains in production.)

Going forward, simply purchasing the same batch alongside a friend could cut testing expenses in half. There are also those who pick vendors according to how popular they are for group testing.

Tator said:

Not sure why my previous post disappeared (the one about a vendor possibly sending me a different product), but now that it's gone I'm feeling pretty hopeless. I don't believe I violated any rules, but if others left comments they shouldn't have, those comments are what should have been removed. Not my explanation of why I think a vendor sent me the wrong item and what happened when I used it. I was hoping this would help me save money, drop weight, and improve my health overall. I realize peptides aren't the solution, but I hoped they'd be the push I needed. I spent $200 with a "trusted" vendor here who will only accept a Jano test result (another $210, though that was before the price went up. Also Jano wants me to tell them which peptide I have. What's the point of blind testing when I have to tell them what I have). People brought up group testing, but apparently it's hard to join because either it's full for 1 month or not enough people are participating. Am I supposed to spend another $200 with a different vendor and hope I actually get what I paid for? Or be petty and pay that $200 to test my vials, hoping the vendor refunds me. Has anyone had their stuff tested, gotten a bad result, and the vendor made it right? Money is tight for me and right now I'm trying to decide between blind buying from someone else or getting my stuff tested.
I'm not sure, but it doesn't appear to be a problem. Freedom operates the same way, and presumably other labs do too.
 
cujet said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
Judging a peptide by how it "feels" tells you almost nothing, and that goes double for anyone who has never had a GLP-1 in their body before. (We will not even open the subject of people who jump straight into reta.)

Only lab testing on your own vial will settle this. Skipping it is a legitimate choice, but either way, guessing at it never produces an answer.
Nothing has been settled yet. I have a Retatrutide vial that appears not to work. Over 6 months I dropped 70 pounds, hit my target weight, and went through assorted side effects, among them a calming of fierce autoimmune inflammation, so I would claim to have some sense of what genuine Retatrutide does to me and for me.

Today the vial goes out for testing, and before long we should have an answer.

It could be that the lab reports 20mg of Retatrutide, exactly as it ought to be. Should that happen, perhaps other factors (BAC water, for instance) explain why it did nothing. Still, BT labs is close by. Away I go.

What BT labs told me was: "I am sorry to hear that you suspect that your Reta is ineffective - unfortunately we do see it more often than we would like"
No, that's not the case.

Way back, long before GLP-1s even existed, it was already well understood that "feels" carry almost no weight (and the same holds true for many other substances too). Sure, a tiny share of seasoned peptide users might pick up on some difference, but someone completely new to peptides, like the person here, might as well be consulting a Ouija board or trusting the force.

The sad twist in this situation is that "feels" was never supposed to be the thing that decides testing; testing ought to have happened before "feels" entered the picture at all.
 
Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
So you begin at 8 mg?

I get it, they might refund the kit, though I doubt they'll cover the testing. That's the point I was making.

Honestly though, it does seem like you ended up with TB500, and it's wild that you used 7 vials before catching on.
Began at 0.5 and climbed all the way to 8mg, since no side effects showed up for me.

On here, the common refrain was that "some people are slow responders," so I figured I'd put that to the test with fast increases.
If you have never taken a particular peptide before, then judging whether you got bunk gear—or something completely different—by whether you feel side effects is not reliable. Testing is the only method, as others have said, to confirm you actually got what you ordered. Should testing on your own not be an option, joining a group test is your next best move. Among those just starting with grey, there is 1 US based vendor I consistently point people toward, and the sole reason is that this vendor has an enormous following that runs group tests regularly, which brings testing costs down a lot. A good test result still is not guaranteed, but at minimum your losses will be smaller.
 
Back
Top