Feeling stuck and unsure what to do next

ZippityDooDah said:

cujet said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
Judging a peptide by how it "feels" tells you almost nothing, and that goes double for anyone who has never had a GLP-1 in their body before. (We will not even open the subject of people who jump straight into reta.)

Only lab testing on your own vial will settle this. Skipping it is a legitimate choice, but either way, guessing at it never produces an answer.
Nothing has been settled yet. I have a Retatrutide vial that appears not to work. Over 6 months I dropped 70 pounds, hit my target weight, and went through assorted side effects, among them a calming of fierce autoimmune inflammation, so I would claim to have some sense of what genuine Retatrutide does to me and for me.

Today the vial goes out for testing, and before long we should have an answer.

It could be that the lab reports 20mg of Retatrutide, exactly as it ought to be. Should that happen, perhaps other factors (BAC water, for instance) explain why it did nothing. Still, BT labs is close by. Away I go.

What BT labs told me was: "I am sorry to hear that you suspect that your Reta is ineffective - unfortunately we do see it more often than we would like"
No, that's not the case.

Way back, long before GLP-1s even existed, it was already well understood that "feels" carry almost no weight (and the same holds true for many other substances too). Sure, a tiny share of seasoned peptide users might pick up on some difference, but someone completely new to peptides, like the person here, might as well be consulting a Ouija board or trusting the force.

The sad twist in this situation is that "feels" was never supposed to be the thing that decides testing; testing ought to have happened before "feels" entered the picture at all.



On another part of this forum, I owned up to my mistake here: I used it without having it tested first. Assuming I stay on Retatrutide, that won't happen again when I get my next batch.

Since I've hit my target weight, it's possible I could move to a lower maintenance amount. I've thought about buying 40 vials of 10mg each and shipping off 2 randomly chosen samples. This week marks my first attempt at a reduced Mx dose — 3mg/wk rather than 5 to 6.

When it comes to how something "feels", that tells us almost nothing, so my argument still holds. A lot of us dealing with significant health conditions rely on 'signs and symptoms'. If the side effects I expect vanish and different ones show up — which is what happened with my Retatrutide that wasn't working — that's a warning sign.

I'd add that substitutions appear to have occurred in the grey world. If someone anticipates Retatrutitde to be effective at 4mg yet sees no results, they might actually be injecting TB500, as recently happened.
 
If cash is tight, I wouldn't bother spending on testing. The way your vendor is acting is so indifferent that even if a Jano result proved the product was off, I doubt they'd fix anything.

Even though the cost per mg is higher, picking up 1 or 2 vials from a US supplier (use at your own risk) to bridge the next 2 months or so could be the smarter move—especially one that runs batch COA testing and usually offers stronger customer service and after-sales help.

$200 isn't pocket change, and you can just walk away. It's a rough deal, but that's how it is. I'm not able to talk about US sources, though plenty of them are running Father's Day promos that stack with affiliate codes.
 
One alternative that works the same way: pick up kits from a US-based seller such as Amino Lair. Same-day shipping, and he runs tests on all of it personally. Other stateside, ready-to-ship choices exist too, for example GB groups offering extras that have already been tested. When the last supply crunch hit, people focused on ready-to-ship sources for stockpiling.

On the question of reta purity, Peppy's has images suggesting multiple sellers pull from one shared factory, which lines up with what we figured. Still, testing habits can differ from seller to seller, and staff quality varies too.

As for feelz, reta is tougher for me to judge that way because it brings fewer sides than tirz, aside from insomnia early on. With tirz, at least historically, I could rely on a distinctly awful bout of diarrhea whenever I raised the dose. Given how much GLP is already circulating in me, I can hold my weight steady for as long as three weeks. Past that point, the pizza cravings kick in.
 
How long does BT labs usually take to deliver, in your experience? I also shipped them some reta, and the wait has stretched past what they promised....so now I'm stressing that this delay means a bad batch, and that's why they're dragging their feet getting their docs/ducks in a row before delivering the bad news with a full explanation.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

cujet said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

Tator said:

ZetsuM said:

I recently bought a reta kit from a vendor here on the forum. They carried a sponsor tag, and based on how active their TG was, they seemed 'honest'. Still, I never forgot that this is at my own risk. What we're getting is unregulated product from a lab in China. There's no way to know whether we're injecting the next pandemic into ourselves.

Truthfully, either choice works, but if the vendor won't refund you even after jano tests, then you've taken another loss.

What makes you think they sent something different, and what was your order? Were the labels consistent?
I placed an order for reta. During weeks 7, 8, and 9, my injections were 8mg and I experienced zero side effects. There was no nausea, no stomach problems, absolutely nothing. My weight hasn't gone down at all.

The batch numbers from the vendor were swapped around. According to them, if the cap I received was blue, then it's reta, but those batch numbers correspond to a Jano report showing it's TB-500. The only way they'll give me a refund is if I provide a Jano report.
Did you get side effects previously? I'm sitting at 1.5mg and have 0.0 side effects. Don't the vials come with labels?

Testing it means dropping roughly another 200*ish, and you might (maybe) recover 200*ish.

Skip testing and you're just out another 200*ish for a fresh kit?

I'd be surprised if they cover your test as well.
This is my first experience with any GLP-1. I haven't had a single side effect.

Here's their explanation.

Below are the batch numbers.

According to them, there was a mixup with batch numbers, and they claimed that if the cap was blue, then I received reta. But that clearly isn't true, since I felt no appetite suppression and no side effects at all. And when I look up these batch numbers, they all point to TB500.
Judging a peptide by how it "feels" tells you almost nothing, and that goes double for anyone who has never had a GLP-1 in their body before. (We will not even open the subject of people who jump straight into reta.)

Only lab testing on your own vial will settle this. Skipping it is a legitimate choice, but either way, guessing at it never produces an answer.
Nothing has been settled yet. I have a Retatrutide vial that appears not to work. Over 6 months I dropped 70 pounds, hit my target weight, and went through assorted side effects, among them a calming of fierce autoimmune inflammation, so I would claim to have some sense of what genuine Retatrutide does to me and for me.

Today the vial goes out for testing, and before long we should have an answer.

It could be that the lab reports 20mg of Retatrutide, exactly as it ought to be. Should that happen, perhaps other factors (BAC water, for instance) explain why it did nothing. Still, BT labs is close by. Away I go.

What BT labs told me was: "I am sorry to hear that you suspect that your Reta is ineffective - unfortunately we do see it more often than we would like"
No, that's not the case.

Way back, long before GLP-1s even existed, it was already well understood that "feels" carry almost no weight (and the same holds true for many other substances too). Sure, a tiny share of seasoned peptide users might pick up on some difference, but someone completely new to peptides, like the person here, might as well be consulting a Ouija board or trusting the force.

The sad twist in this situation is that "feels" was never supposed to be the thing that decides testing; testing ought to have happened before "feels" entered the picture at all.

Another major warning sign is that the batch numbers themselves suggest the kit is TB500.

Whatever route they take now, they're going to end up in the red. That is, unless the vendor also consents to covering the testing costs, which seems unlikely to me.

I get where you're coming from about needing to test everything. But if you're charging for a service, or selling a product, then either you do it properly or you shouldn't be doing it at all. The fact that they reassured him it was fine just by looking at a cap's color... I'd want to know which vendor this is so I never buy from them, so leaving a review seems entirely reasonable IMO.
 
Back
Top