Fat Cell Memory: Can Anything Actually Reduce Fat Cell Count?

Don

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
 
dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
That's a really good question. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'm interested to hear what others have to say.
 
dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
This feels like a classic case of getting exactly what you asked for and then regretting it. As long as your weight holds steady near its current level, you would probably be fine. But if your waistline began to grow again, the margin between obesity and diabetes is thin (and diabetes is far worse for your health).

When enough fat cells are present to soak up blood sugar surges (along with the rest of your body doing its part), that can keep those surges from becoming spikes or long stretches of elevated blood sugar. When there are too few fat cells to take in those surges at their present size, that is when you first see blood sugar spikes, and diabetes follows as things get worse.

Obesity is annoying, sure, but if the other choice is diabetes, I will take a bit of extra pudge. Ideally neither happens, of course, but if we somehow lose the ability to prevent weight gain, those are the two outcomes left.

For reference, a drug called Actos does precisely the reverse of what you are describing (as a diabetes treatment). It makes new fat cells grow in the body, so blood sugar levels can return to normal at the weight where blood sugar control is worsening.
 
tubby said:

dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
This feels like a classic case of getting exactly what you asked for and then regretting it. As long as your weight holds steady near its current level, you would probably be fine. But if your waistline began to grow again, the margin between obesity and diabetes is thin (and diabetes is far worse for your health).

When enough fat cells are present to soak up blood sugar surges (along with the rest of your body doing its part), that can keep those surges from becoming spikes or long stretches of elevated blood sugar. When there are too few fat cells to take in those surges at their present size, that is when you first see blood sugar spikes, and diabetes follows as things get worse.

Obesity is annoying, sure, but if the other choice is diabetes, I will take a bit of extra pudge. Ideally neither happens, of course, but if we somehow lose the ability to prevent weight gain, those are the two outcomes left.

For reference, a drug called Actos does precisely the reverse of what you are describing (as a diabetes treatment). It makes new fat cells grow in the body, so blood sugar levels can return to normal at the weight where blood sugar control is worsening.
That's an interesting perspective. I'd say you're largely correct, though I don't agree that a high fat cell count is necessarily beneficial, nor that a lower count would inevitably raise diabetes risk.

Plenty of individuals have never carried excess weight, possess far fewer fat cells than those who were once obese, and yet keep normal blood glucose levels for their entire lives.

Still, I take your point that fat cells aren't intrinsically "bad" and that they play a key role as a secure place to store surplus energy. The issue appears to arise once storage capacity is maxed out and fat begins building up in areas it shouldn't, like the liver, pancreas, and muscles.

To be honest, I suspect a lot of us who were formerly overweight might be overanalyzing this entire "fat cell memory" subject. In reality, things such as calorie intake (sorry for saying calorie), activity level, training, and long-term habits likely matter far more for staying lean than the precise number of fat cells we carry.
 
dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
That's right — Adipotide works by destroying fat cells.
 
Over roughly the last 15 years, more and more findings have pointed to adipose tissue having a hand in regulating our immune systems. With obesity, though, the direction flips. My sense is that this area still holds a lot to uncover.

When it comes to this so-called adipose cell "memory," I'm convinced it's real. If the weight came off not long ago, putting it back on happens with remarkable ease. Theoretically, I'm very much on board with lipo. Have I actually gone and done it? Not so far. Still, based on conversations with folks who had it done years back, gaining weight again in the areas that were lipo'd appears to be pretty hard. It can happen, but you'd basically have to be pounding those 2 for 5 deals twice a day.
 
Adipotide (FTPP) works by triggering apoptosis in the blood vessels feeding fat cells, which chokes off their blood supply and leaves the fat cells effectively starved out of existence.

Sustained use was associated with raised serum creatinine, a sign of possible kidney strain, although most readings came back to baseline within 28 days of coming off it.

If you've no dependable access to decent healthcare, or can't stretch to routine kidney panels (creatinine, BUN, eGFR ), this is genuinely not a gamble worth taking. You won't notice your kidneys struggling until it's serious, and "it was reversible in monkeys" is thin comfort when the nephrology invoice lands. Not a peptide to run blind.
 
dunhacunha said:

Adipotide (FTPP) works by triggering apoptosis in the blood vessels feeding fat cells, which chokes off their blood supply and leaves the fat cells effectively starved out of existence.

Sustained use was associated with raised serum creatinine, a sign of possible kidney strain, although most readings came back to baseline within 28 days of coming off it.

If you've no dependable access to decent healthcare, or can't stretch to routine kidney panels (creatinine, BUN, eGFR ), this is genuinely not a gamble worth taking. You won't notice your kidneys struggling until it's serious, and "it was reversible in monkeys" is thin comfort when the nephrology invoice lands. Not a peptide to run blind.
Ugh, that's rough. I'd been keeping up with this discussion because the notion of eliminating a portion of fat cells appeals to me (and I would have looked into it more on my own), but having gone through a serious kidney infection last year, I'm definitely steering clear! Free healthcare or not, watching one of your organs begin to fail is absolutely horrifying 😳
 
From what I understand, the only peptides that do what you're describing—though by other mechanisms—are GLP's, and they're really the sole medication I'm aware of that sustains meaningful weight loss over the long term.

There are a few uncommon and rather nasty medical conditions that entail fat cell death or impaired function. One results in scattered, complete loss of fat cells, which isn't cosmetically desirable, and the other is diabetes, where fat cells can't absorb surplus nutrients as readily as they normally would.

After weight loss, shrunken fat cells don't necessarily release identical quantities of adipokines or other fat-cell-derived hormones as they did before, but I'd say it's fair to note that the metabolic picture following weight loss remains quite poorly understood. And tinkering with systems we barely understand might backfire. I think there are solid grounds for why compounds like adipotide were dropped as drug development candidates.

Liposuction seems like the safer, better-characterized route, even if some of the removed weight comes back elsewhere (which hints that the weight set point process doesn't truly originate from the fat cells themselves).
 
5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
 
dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?

Adipotide is one option, though on this forum I’ve only come across a single person claiming it did the job.

Last year I went through laser liposuction. It ran me 12K, and I’d say it was completely worth it.
 
eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)

I've just bought 2 kits, and this info is great. Any other cool details on 5A1MQ you can share?
 
dondada109 said:

tubby said:

dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
This feels like a classic case of getting exactly what you asked for and then regretting it. As long as your weight holds steady near its current level, you would probably be fine. But if your waistline began to grow again, the margin between obesity and diabetes is thin (and diabetes is far worse for your health).

When enough fat cells are present to soak up blood sugar surges (along with the rest of your body doing its part), that can keep those surges from becoming spikes or long stretches of elevated blood sugar. When there are too few fat cells to take in those surges at their present size, that is when you first see blood sugar spikes, and diabetes follows as things get worse.

Obesity is annoying, sure, but if the other choice is diabetes, I will take a bit of extra pudge. Ideally neither happens, of course, but if we somehow lose the ability to prevent weight gain, those are the two outcomes left.

For reference, a drug called Actos does precisely the reverse of what you are describing (as a diabetes treatment). It makes new fat cells grow in the body, so blood sugar levels can return to normal at the weight where blood sugar control is worsening.
That's an interesting perspective. I'd say you're largely correct, though I don't agree that a high fat cell count is necessarily beneficial, nor that a lower count would inevitably raise diabetes risk.

Plenty of individuals have never carried excess weight, possess far fewer fat cells than those who were once obese, and yet keep normal blood glucose levels for their entire lives.

Still, I take your point that fat cells aren't intrinsically "bad" and that they play a key role as a secure place to store surplus energy. The issue appears to arise once storage capacity is maxed out and fat begins building up in areas it shouldn't, like the liver, pancreas, and muscles.

To be honest, I suspect a lot of us who were formerly overweight might be overanalyzing this entire "fat cell memory" subject. In reality, things such as calorie intake (sorry for saying calorie), activity level, training, and long-term habits likely matter far more for staying lean than the precise number of fat cells we carry.
What happens next hinges on whether that individual can keep their weight in check. If they can't, then the scenario you're about to mention will arrive earlier for someone who has fewer fat cells (and lacks enough capacity to generate new ones).

dondada109 said:

tubby said:

dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
This feels like a classic case of getting exactly what you asked for and then regretting it. As long as your weight holds steady near its current level, you would probably be fine. But if your waistline began to grow again, the margin between obesity and diabetes is thin (and diabetes is far worse for your health).

When enough fat cells are present to soak up blood sugar surges (along with the rest of your body doing its part), that can keep those surges from becoming spikes or long stretches of elevated blood sugar. When there are too few fat cells to take in those surges at their present size, that is when you first see blood sugar spikes, and diabetes follows as things get worse.

Obesity is annoying, sure, but if the other choice is diabetes, I will take a bit of extra pudge. Ideally neither happens, of course, but if we somehow lose the ability to prevent weight gain, those are the two outcomes left.

For reference, a drug called Actos does precisely the reverse of what you are describing (as a diabetes treatment). It makes new fat cells grow in the body, so blood sugar levels can return to normal at the weight where blood sugar control is worsening.
That's an interesting perspective. I'd say you're largely correct, though I don't agree that a high fat cell count is necessarily beneficial, nor that a lower count would inevitably raise diabetes risk.

Plenty of individuals have never carried excess weight, possess far fewer fat cells than those who were once obese, and yet keep normal blood glucose levels for their entire lives.

Still, I take your point that fat cells aren't intrinsically "bad" and that they play a key role as a secure place to store surplus energy. The issue appears to arise once storage capacity is maxed out and fat begins building up in areas it shouldn't, like the liver, pancreas, and muscles.

To be honest, I suspect a lot of us who were formerly overweight might be overanalyzing this entire "fat cell memory" subject. In reality, things such as calorie intake (sorry for saying calorie), activity level, training, and long-term habits likely matter far more for staying lean than the precise number of fat cells we carry.

dondada109 said:

tubby said:

dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
This feels like a classic case of getting exactly what you asked for and then regretting it. As long as your weight holds steady near its current level, you would probably be fine. But if your waistline began to grow again, the margin between obesity and diabetes is thin (and diabetes is far worse for your health).

When enough fat cells are present to soak up blood sugar surges (along with the rest of your body doing its part), that can keep those surges from becoming spikes or long stretches of elevated blood sugar. When there are too few fat cells to take in those surges at their present size, that is when you first see blood sugar spikes, and diabetes follows as things get worse.

Obesity is annoying, sure, but if the other choice is diabetes, I will take a bit of extra pudge. Ideally neither happens, of course, but if we somehow lose the ability to prevent weight gain, those are the two outcomes left.

For reference, a drug called Actos does precisely the reverse of what you are describing (as a diabetes treatment). It makes new fat cells grow in the body, so blood sugar levels can return to normal at the weight where blood sugar control is worsening.
That's an interesting perspective. I'd say you're largely correct, though I don't agree that a high fat cell count is necessarily beneficial, nor that a lower count would inevitably raise diabetes risk.

Plenty of individuals have never carried excess weight, possess far fewer fat cells than those who were once obese, and yet keep normal blood glucose levels for their entire lives.

Still, I take your point that fat cells aren't intrinsically "bad" and that they play a key role as a secure place to store surplus energy. The issue appears to arise once storage capacity is maxed out and fat begins building up in areas it shouldn't, like the liver, pancreas, and muscles.

To be honest, I suspect a lot of us who were formerly overweight might be overanalyzing this entire "fat cell memory" subject. In reality, things such as calorie intake (sorry for saying calorie), activity level, training, and long-term habits likely matter far more for staying lean than the precise number of fat cells we carry.
To me, "fat cell memory" looks like a case of the telephone game spiraling out of control. A researcher notices that people who were formerly obese and shed pounds tend to put them back on more often than someone lean (who was never heavy). That finding gets jokingly labeled "fat cell memory." Then another person comes across it and interprets it as fat cells literally holding memories of their own, and the idea snowballs from there! 🤣

What actually happened was a tangled combination of genetics, surroundings, and habits that led that person to become heavy in the first place. Being capable of making changes that produced weight loss doesn't automatically mean that's now their easiest route or their baseline condition. Humans are driven by routine, and should the original circumstances reappear, most likely a comparable weight gain outcome will develop once more. GLPs are enjoyable because as long as someone remains on their GLP subscription plan, they amount to a change that's relatively simple to sustain, and the total effect will probably exceed just the injection by itself (given that plenty of people also alter their behaviors concurrently).

Alternatively, if you like, they're enchanted fat cell memory erasing gadgets that, while they're working, leave your fat cells unaware of what they used to be—which isn't strictly accurate but is probably the most entertaining thing you can say to a person who has swallowed the idea that fat cells possess a memory.
 
AlexSilver said:

eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)

I've just bought 2 kits, and this info is great. Any other cool details on 5A1MQ you can share?

shows interest in treating sarcopenia https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-024-66034-9

A Safety Data Sheet exists on the Sigma site. For most items, it states no data is available. The only claim made is that it is not an endocrine disruptor.

Possibly mutagenic.

So, in brief: orange, more muscle, more energy, and a mutant = an orange Hulk after a year /j

__

EDIT:

Adipose tissue retains an epigenetic memory of obesity after weight loss



Image unavailable



Adipose tissue retains an epigenetic memory of obesity after weight loss - Nature



Stable epigenetic changes point to an obesogenic memory existing in mouse adipocytes, which sets up cells for pathological responses in an obesogenic environment and may play a part in the troublesome ‘yo-yo’ effect frequently observed with dieting.

a4f208e4f08396c003b764a087afb4011de329b67ff0fa5bb37ee068ab07778d.png



www.nature.com
 

Attachments

  • a4f208e4f08396c003b764a087afb4011de329b67ff0fa5bb37ee068ab07778d.png
    a4f208e4f08396c003b764a087afb4011de329b67ff0fa5bb37ee068ab07778d.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
dondada109 said:

A lot of us here—me included—started out carrying a high body fat percentage and then dropped a lot of weight. The amount varied from person to person. After a lengthy diet, I'm sitting at roughly 12% body fat right now.

What continues to nag at me is this idea of "fat cell memory." My understanding is that when we lose weight, the fat cells mostly just shrink and empty out—the majority of them stick around. That means even when you're lean, those cells remain and are ready to pack energy back in as soon as calories rise.

It's kind of like muscle glycogen supercompensation: once a diet ends and you eat more, the body becomes really good at refilling and storing energy, fat included.

So here's what I want to know:

Beyond liposuction or cryotherapy, is there any peptide, medication, or approach that genuinely lowers the number of fat cells rather than merely shrinking them?
Lemon Bottle. I haven't personally used it, though I've come across information about it. It's being used by people as a way to eliminate fat cells. According to claims, it destroys fat cells in the specific area where it's injected.
 
eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
Right now I'm running a cycle of it.

There are 2 variants, I should point out: chloride and iodide. Both of them are orange. The orange color does not come from iodide.

My choice is the chloride variant, since taking the iodide variant at high doses may lead to thyroid issues. Before buying, you should absolutely research and ask questions, particularly if you already have thyroid problems.
 
CandyCap said:

eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
Right now I'm running a cycle of it.

There are 2 variants, I should point out: chloride and iodide. Both of them are orange. The orange color does not come from iodide.

My choice is the chloride variant, since taking the iodide variant at high doses may lead to thyroid issues. Before buying, you should absolutely research and ask questions, particularly if you already have thyroid problems.

I spent this morning looking into it, and the iodide ion is in fact what causes the color. The chloride form is sold as a white or off white powder.
 
AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
Right now I'm running a cycle of it.

There are 2 variants, I should point out: chloride and iodide. Both of them are orange. The orange color does not come from iodide.

My choice is the chloride variant, since taking the iodide variant at high doses may lead to thyroid issues. Before buying, you should absolutely research and ask questions, particularly if you already have thyroid problems.

I spent this morning looking into it, and the iodide ion is in fact what causes the color. The chloride form is sold as a white or off white powder.
Sadly, the chloride versions being sold aren't white or off white. They might be slightly lighter and less deep orange... but white is definitely not what you get.
 
CandyCap said:

AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
Right now I'm running a cycle of it.

There are 2 variants, I should point out: chloride and iodide. Both of them are orange. The orange color does not come from iodide.

My choice is the chloride variant, since taking the iodide variant at high doses may lead to thyroid issues. Before buying, you should absolutely research and ask questions, particularly if you already have thyroid problems.

I spent this morning looking into it, and the iodide ion is in fact what causes the color. The chloride form is sold as a white or off white powder.
Sadly, the chloride versions being sold aren't white or off white. They might be slightly lighter and less deep orange... but white is definitely not what you get.

That might be true. Still, I’ve come across posts on this forum where members said their 5A1MQ arrived white and questioned whether it was genuine. I had the same thought back then, but I neither knew nor cared at that point.
 
AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

eidos said:

5 amino 1 methylquinolinium

For more information, see: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/5-amino-1mq

In mice, it produces epigenetic alterations in fat cells and may be able to wipe out their “memory.” Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5826726/

My own 10-day run at 5 mg has just ended. The muscle fatigue that comes with diabetes is gone — this worked better for me than Mots-C or SS-31. I feel it inside 1 hour, and it carries me through the whole day. The lift is stronger than 4 espressos put together!

It arrives as an iodine salt with a bright orange color. Flushing the needle with it is a genuine disaster, and 2 of my shirts are already stained. This afternoon I plan to put together a pen.

Because this is a quaternary ammonium*, meaning it has antimicrobial action, I plan to reconstitute with sterile water for injection rather than BAC. (*Same class of compound as benzalkonium, the stuff in disinfectant wipes or in medical skin disinfectants.)
Right now I'm running a cycle of it.

There are 2 variants, I should point out: chloride and iodide. Both of them are orange. The orange color does not come from iodide.

My choice is the chloride variant, since taking the iodide variant at high doses may lead to thyroid issues. Before buying, you should absolutely research and ask questions, particularly if you already have thyroid problems.

I spent this morning looking into it, and the iodide ion is in fact what causes the color. The chloride form is sold as a white or off white powder.
Sadly, the chloride versions being sold aren't white or off white. They might be slightly lighter and less deep orange... but white is definitely not what you get.

That might be true. Still, I’ve come across posts on this forum where members said their 5A1MQ arrived white and questioned whether it was genuine. I had the same thought back then, but I neither knew nor cared at that point.
A white appearance means it is not 5A1MQ. According to AI (which I dislike relying on), the quinoline ring is responsible for the color — it takes in blue light and sends orange back out. Iodide plays no part in that.
 
Back
Top