https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4418/16/13/1979
This research examined if fasting GLP-1 and GIP levels at baseline could forecast how well people would respond to semaglutide and tirzepatide, and the results showed they could. One possible explanation is that these medications work better when natural hormone levels are low, which could mean the receptors are more sensitive, while high natural hormone levels might lead to a poorer response because of reduced receptor sensitivity. I expected tirzepatide to beat semaglutide in certain areas, but I didn't expect semaglutide to outperform tirzepatide in others. Yet, upon closer inspection, several other findings are equally unexpected. Tirzepatide outperforming itself in P2 and P9 compared to P4 and P5 is surprising. Tirzepatide achieved its top result in P1, whereas semaglutide had its second poorest. These differences are not small.
This research examined if fasting GLP-1 and GIP levels at baseline could forecast how well people would respond to semaglutide and tirzepatide, and the results showed they could. One possible explanation is that these medications work better when natural hormone levels are low, which could mean the receptors are more sensitive, while high natural hormone levels might lead to a poorer response because of reduced receptor sensitivity. I expected tirzepatide to beat semaglutide in certain areas, but I didn't expect semaglutide to outperform tirzepatide in others. Yet, upon closer inspection, several other findings are equally unexpected. Tirzepatide outperforming itself in P2 and P9 compared to P4 and P5 is surprising. Tirzepatide achieved its top result in P1, whereas semaglutide had its second poorest. These differences are not small.