Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Sure, plenty of stuff ends up hurting grey, simply because a huge number of people lack common sense. And the media, which we all know and love, is eager to jump on anything like this so they can spin their next fear-based headline.flapjacks said:
Wait, seriously? How is that even happening? To me every single one of them is a scammer, but this sort of visibility strikes me as harmful to gray. What do you all think?
rkbleddyn said:
Of course, a lot of things are bad for grey because too many people are just dumb. And our beloved media cannot wait to pick up on this stuff to create their next scare mongering story.
I'm just waiting for some dumb teens on TikTok to start an idiotic trend where they try to inject as many whole bottles of peptides in as many places as possible at the same time to see what happens. It will have a name like Peptiding and someone will die. Just wait for it because it's only a matter of time.
Click to expand...
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Given how FB operates, I'd bet there are plenty, just as laansasa mentioned.flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
I'm completely with you on this. More than 10 yrs have passed since I left FB, and I never signed up for IG or TikTok either. The amount of pressure from relatives and friends to get on those platforms really baffles me. Looking at it from my perspective, the folks urging me to join are hooked and unhappy. Take my sister in law — she can't stay away from tiktok even for the duration of a short drive. It's pretty much the only thing occupying her mind.endlrls said:
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
The "Research" side of this is what really throws me. The deeper you go, and I mean genuinely deep, the harder it becomes to turn around... A few buddies have gotten help from me, and whenever I try to break things down for them, their eyes just glaze right over.. in the end I have to strip it down to the simplest terms... now picture that exact same person tapping some random peptide ad and buying straight "out of nowhere".....
And one more thing on Social Media.. it's a sickness.. I don't mean to step on toes, but walking away from it more than 6 years back was the single best move I ever made.. at minimum for my own head. My sister keeps pushing me to come back, and my answer is always "I value my mental health way too much, sorry..."
Yeah.. every single point you made, I'm with you..AllCourtTENNIS said:
I'm completely with you on this. More than 10 yrs have passed since I left FB, and I never signed up for IG or TikTok either. The amount of pressure from relatives and friends to get on those platforms really baffles me. Looking at it from my perspective, the folks urging me to join are hooked and unhappy. Take my sister in law — she can't stay away from tiktok even for the duration of a short drive. It's pretty much the only thing occupying her mind.endlrls said:
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
The "Research" side of this is what really throws me. The deeper you go, and I mean genuinely deep, the harder it becomes to turn around... A few buddies have gotten help from me, and whenever I try to break things down for them, their eyes just glaze right over.. in the end I have to strip it down to the simplest terms... now picture that exact same person tapping some random peptide ad and buying straight "out of nowhere".....
And one more thing on Social Media.. it's a sickness.. I don't mean to step on toes, but walking away from it more than 6 years back was the single best move I ever made.. at minimum for my own head. My sister keeps pushing me to come back, and my answer is always "I value my mental health way too much, sorry..."
That's very accurate. Still, my take is that this girl got taken in by a guy who slid into her DMs saying "I sell peptides, I'll hook you up".endlrls said:
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
The "Research" side of this is what really throws me. The deeper you go, and I mean genuinely deep, the harder it becomes to turn around... A few buddies have gotten help from me, and whenever I try to break things down for them, their eyes just glaze right over.. in the end I have to strip it down to the simplest terms... now picture that exact same person tapping some random peptide ad and buying straight "out of nowhere".....
And one more thing on Social Media.. it's a sickness.. I don't mean to step on toes, but walking away from it more than 6 years back was the single best move I ever made.. at minimum for my own head. My sister keeps pushing me to come back, and my answer is always "I value my mental health way too much, sorry..."
flapjacks said:
Wait, seriously? How is that even happening? To me every single one of them is a scammer, but this sort of visibility strikes me as harmful to gray. What do you all think?
It would be nice if they started a thread laying out their dosage and what their experience has been.rkbleddyn said:
Sure, plenty of stuff ends up hurting grey, simply because a huge number of people lack common sense. And the media, which we all know and love, is eager to jump on anything like this so they can spin their next fear-based headline.flapjacks said:
Wait, seriously? How is that even happening? To me every single one of them is a scammer, but this sort of visibility strikes me as harmful to gray. What do you all think?
All I'm waiting for now is a bunch of clueless kids on TikTok to kick off some brainless challenge, where they jab as many full vials of peptides into as many spots as they can all at once, just to find out what happens. They'll give it a catchy name, something like Peptiding, and then somebody will end up dead. It's coming, mark my words, because it's only a question of when.
What would you call this?endlrls said:
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
The "Research" side of this is what really throws me. The deeper you go, and I mean genuinely deep, the harder it becomes to turn around... A few buddies have gotten help from me, and whenever I try to break things down for them, their eyes just glaze right over.. in the end I have to strip it down to the simplest terms... now picture that exact same person tapping some random peptide ad and buying straight "out of nowhere".....
And one more thing on Social Media.. it's a sickness.. I don't mean to step on toes, but walking away from it more than 6 years back was the single best move I ever made.. at minimum for my own head. My sister keeps pushing me to come back, and my answer is always "I value my mental health way too much, sorry..."
Same thing on Twitter. On top of that, nearly every one of them is a single-vial seller with absurd markups, acting like they truly CARE and are on a MISSION to HELP PEOPLE. Makes me sick.flapjacks said:
Wait, seriously? How is that even happening? To me every single one of them is a scammer, but this sort of visibility strikes me as harmful to gray. What do you all think?
In my view it's not the same thing.. Here you get information and knowledge, whereas social media exists only for quick hits and one sided jaded opinions...5byfive said:
What would you call this?endlrls said:
Worrying about getting scammed makes total sense. I gave a supplier a shot, bought just 1 kit, and halfway through figured I'd blown it... but the package did arrive in the end. I still haven't taken anything out of it, and I never sent it off for testing either.laansasa said:
flapjacks said:
Collo4sho said:
I made a tiktok account some time ago only to keep up with a few peptide links, and almost all the videos that show up are about peptides. These days, my instagram and facebook feeds are full of them too.
BNLFL said:
I never visit Assbook myself, though I can still access it. You're correct — the 2nd post turned out to be recon solutions, and a few ads appeared on the right side.
I wouldn't call myself a heavy social media user, yet the algorithm seems to have figured out what I'm into. Strange. None of it strikes me as trustworthy. I'm not naive enough to hand over my debit card to some stranger promising to send peps out of Shenzen. Lol. It makes me think about how many folks are falling for these scams.
Unfortunately, that describes plenty of folks. After spotting a girl having a hard time, I sent her a DM pointing her toward this community. She wasn't interested in putting in the effort, and 1 week later she shared that she'd been scammed. With gray, you'd expect someone to at least dig around a bit once they've been pointed the right way, yet many won't, and that responsibility falls on them.
The "Research" side of this is what really throws me. The deeper you go, and I mean genuinely deep, the harder it becomes to turn around... A few buddies have gotten help from me, and whenever I try to break things down for them, their eyes just glaze right over.. in the end I have to strip it down to the simplest terms... now picture that exact same person tapping some random peptide ad and buying straight "out of nowhere".....
And one more thing on Social Media.. it's a sickness.. I don't mean to step on toes, but walking away from it more than 6 years back was the single best move I ever made.. at minimum for my own head. My sister keeps pushing me to come back, and my answer is always "I value my mental health way too much, sorry..."
View attachment 11436