Wanting better sleep — and specifically to stop relying on benadryl every night, so that @woundcarping doesn't accuse me of deliberately courting dementia — plus the goal of living...longer, I picked up a kit of sermorelin and a kit of epithalon.
Because my plan is to go through the entire sermorelin kit (.33mg per night, 5mg kit, which works out to a 5 month cycle), that's the one I began with. Ran it about 5 days before I layered in the epithalon. Sleep didn't get any better. Actually it got worse, since I wasn't taking Benadryl.
Then I added epithalon. I had researched... everything. Or at least a lot. I went in knowing this was a low dose protocol. My intention was .5mg for 20 days per month.
I dropped off to sleep far quicker and with less effort. Sleep quality was really good. Top 5% for my demographic in both deep and rem sleep.
But my resting heart rate also jumped 5bpm overnight. My watch was not happy about that. The following night, another 5bpm, so +10 total. By the third night it leveled off, yet still sat 10bpm above baseline resting heart rate. Higher than what reta pushed my rhr to.
So the next night I halved the dose. Heart rate came down 3bpm. Sleep still great. Last night I held at .25mg, and heart rate dropped again. Sleep is still excellent.
I'll stay at .25mg for 21 days (came across a study just this morning). Then I'll cycle off, and probably run it again every three or four months, depending on how long my the takes to come back down.
I am very very much hoping the sleep improvements stick around.
From what I gather, the hr increase ties back to the epithalon boosting activity in the pineal gland. My guess is that's why plenty of people on the higher dose protocols report it does nothing or actually worsens their sleep.
But what do I know?
Oh, eta, yeah, sermorelin makes me hold water. Weight hasn't budged since I started it, minor joint stiffness in wrists, knee, and lower back. Dropped a little weight this morning. The water retention and joint stiffness were both expected, and they're exactly why I put off trying it months ago. Being near goal, I'm less bothered or worried about this effect, which is supposed to fade.
Because my plan is to go through the entire sermorelin kit (.33mg per night, 5mg kit, which works out to a 5 month cycle), that's the one I began with. Ran it about 5 days before I layered in the epithalon. Sleep didn't get any better. Actually it got worse, since I wasn't taking Benadryl.
Then I added epithalon. I had researched... everything. Or at least a lot. I went in knowing this was a low dose protocol. My intention was .5mg for 20 days per month.
I dropped off to sleep far quicker and with less effort. Sleep quality was really good. Top 5% for my demographic in both deep and rem sleep.
But my resting heart rate also jumped 5bpm overnight. My watch was not happy about that. The following night, another 5bpm, so +10 total. By the third night it leveled off, yet still sat 10bpm above baseline resting heart rate. Higher than what reta pushed my rhr to.
So the next night I halved the dose. Heart rate came down 3bpm. Sleep still great. Last night I held at .25mg, and heart rate dropped again. Sleep is still excellent.
I'll stay at .25mg for 21 days (came across a study just this morning). Then I'll cycle off, and probably run it again every three or four months, depending on how long my the takes to come back down.
I am very very much hoping the sleep improvements stick around.
From what I gather, the hr increase ties back to the epithalon boosting activity in the pineal gland. My guess is that's why plenty of people on the higher dose protocols report it does nothing or actually worsens their sleep.
But what do I know?
Oh, eta, yeah, sermorelin makes me hold water. Weight hasn't budged since I started it, minor joint stiffness in wrists, knee, and lower back. Dropped a little weight this morning. The water retention and joint stiffness were both expected, and they're exactly why I put off trying it months ago. Being near goal, I'm less bothered or worried about this effect, which is supposed to fade.