AllCourtTENNIS
Explorer
Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
From what I've seen, I wouldn't count on a peptide making a real difference for EOE. Some can help bring inflammation down, but in my experience they don't reach the level needed to actually treat EOE.AllCourtTENNIS said:
Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?
AllCourtTENNIS said:
My husband improved on PPIs and steroids. As for my adult son, I believe his doctor is close to starting him on dupixent. Neither of them saw results from eliminating foods. I was curious whether anyone in this community has come across some other hidden or unexpected upside from a peptide.
Research I've come across suggests that even when eosinophil counts drop, mast cells can persist in the esophagus and drive inflammation. In theory, such mast cells could be senescent, pathogenic, and carry gain-of-function mutations. GLP-1 agonists have been reported to improve or even bring about remission in certain syndromic conditions, perhaps through downregulation of mTOR and NF-kB signaling. That mechanism might trigger autophagy in these mast cells and lead to remission. Alternatively, GLP-1 acts as a mast cell stimulator, which could serve to dampen mast cell activation.AllCourtTENNIS said:
Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?