Eosinophilic esophigitis

AllCourtTENNIS

Explorer
Joined
Dec 23, 2025
Messages
101
Reaction score
1
Location
Virginia
Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?
From what I've seen, I wouldn't count on a peptide making a real difference for EOE. Some can help bring inflammation down, but in my experience they don't reach the level needed to actually treat EOE.

Did PPI, steroids, or cutting out foods not work for you?
 
My husband improved on PPIs and steroids. As for my adult son, I believe his doctor is close to starting him on dupixent. Neither of them saw results from eliminating foods. I was curious whether anyone in this community has come across some other hidden or unexpected upside from a peptide.
 
My esophagitis symptoms have gotten worse, so I need to be more careful about avoiding my triggers. At the moment I’m on KPV and hoping it provides at least some relief. Beyond that, I honestly don’t know whether peptides are able to resolve this.
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

My husband improved on PPIs and steroids. As for my adult son, I believe his doctor is close to starting him on dupixent. Neither of them saw results from eliminating foods. I was curious whether anyone in this community has come across some other hidden or unexpected upside from a peptide.

My doctor is pushing Dupixent with an odd intensity — either he truly trusts the drug, or there's some kind of kickback involved.

The prior authorization was denied, as it should have been, and their reaction was surprise and irritation, which struck me as ridiculous.

Should Dupixent ever become available to me without crippling cost, I'd choose it over peptides — those might lower inflammation, but only to a limited degree at most.
 
In theory, KPV, bcp157, and VIP ought to be beneficial.

Years back, I underwent an endoscope because of gerd/acid reflux, and that's when I received an eoe diagnosis. According to them, the eoe probably stemmed from the acid reflux, though a food allergy or some irritant could have been the cause too. Since that time, I've done several peptide cycles, and now I'm wondering whether the eoe is still present. My heartburn and gastro problems do get better with them. Another endoscopy is something I need to book.
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

Has anyone here who deals with EoE noticed any surprise relief once they started peptides? If that happened for you, what peptide was it?
Research I've come across suggests that even when eosinophil counts drop, mast cells can persist in the esophagus and drive inflammation. In theory, such mast cells could be senescent, pathogenic, and carry gain-of-function mutations. GLP-1 agonists have been reported to improve or even bring about remission in certain syndromic conditions, perhaps through downregulation of mTOR and NF-kB signaling. That mechanism might trigger autophagy in these mast cells and lead to remission. Alternatively, GLP-1 acts as a mast cell stimulator, which could serve to dampen mast cell activation.

I deal with a mast cell disorder of some kind plus many years of chronic GI problems, and GLP-1 treatment has let me eat foods again that I had given up long ago. I recently made the switch to Tirz because multiple accounts suggest it carries stronger anti-inflammatory effects.



c762e425922fe21bd9baf9c2e3e4d3784493c1b9c013ff7bcc72d56093701008.jpg




Expression of CD25, mast cell markers and T-cell markers in eosinophilic esophagitis - PubMed



Although eosinophilic esophagitis (EOE) is characterized histologically by the presence of eosinophils, several studies have documented mast cells in EOE and have even linked them to ongoing symptoms after eosinophils have cleared. Expression of aberrant mast cell markers CD25 and...

b320573d11cf61237bed942e340f6d635a868f885d8811f73223b4cec24c8479.png



pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

What this study appears to show is that in at least certain cases, a localized Mastocytosis might be the underlying driver of EoE, since mast cells staining positive for CD25 are pathogenic.




Involvement of mast cells in eosinophilic esophagitis - PMC



Eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) is an emerging disorder with poorly understood pathogenesis. Whereas prior studies have primarily focused on the role of eosinophils in disease diagnosis and pathogenesis, this study investigates the involvement of mast ...

4d13c41cbc0409fb932089618e379d69d6e07846fc324487242c1d77d1bad140.png



pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
 
Back
Top