Energy and mots c

timj382 said:

Standish said:

From my own experience, Mots-C doesn't live up to the hype. As an endurance runner, I noticed zero benefits from it, and it seems like more people report the same lack of results with this peptide compared to others.

The one thing it reliably causes is irritating, itchy reactions at the injection site. When someone calls Mots-C a "game changer," I have serious doubts.
What I've read and personally gone through lines up with what you're describing: MOTS-C tends to deliver a lot more for weightlifting than it does for cardio. On the days I lift, I inject 5mg of MOTSC, and in the gym I'm simply unstoppable. A couple of doses before a steep, mountainous hike does give me a boost, but hiking isn't running — they're completely different demands. As far as my own heavy-lifting results go, MOTS-C has not been overhyped at all. One more thing: I paused MOTS-C and used SS-31 for 20+ days, then went back to MOTS-C, and the difference afterward was night and day. I'm also a person who has dropped roughly 110 lbs over the past 3+ years — actually more than that, since I've put on muscle during the same stretch — so I've been repairing a system that was compromised. If you're an elite endurance athlete whose mitochondrial health is already running at full throttle, you might be in the fortunate position of not needing much of a boost.
When comparing SS-31 with MOTS-C, what kind of difference did you observe?
 
StanNorth said:

timj382 said:

Standish said:

From my own experience, Mots-C doesn't live up to the hype. As an endurance runner, I noticed zero benefits from it, and it seems like more people report the same lack of results with this peptide compared to others.

The one thing it reliably causes is irritating, itchy reactions at the injection site. When someone calls Mots-C a "game changer," I have serious doubts.
What I've read and personally gone through lines up with what you're describing: MOTS-C tends to deliver a lot more for weightlifting than it does for cardio. On the days I lift, I inject 5mg of MOTSC, and in the gym I'm simply unstoppable. A couple of doses before a steep, mountainous hike does give me a boost, but hiking isn't running — they're completely different demands. As far as my own heavy-lifting results go, MOTS-C has not been overhyped at all. One more thing: I paused MOTS-C and used SS-31 for 20+ days, then went back to MOTS-C, and the difference afterward was night and day. I'm also a person who has dropped roughly 110 lbs over the past 3+ years — actually more than that, since I've put on muscle during the same stretch — so I've been repairing a system that was compromised. If you're an elite endurance athlete whose mitochondrial health is already running at full throttle, you might be in the fortunate position of not needing much of a boost.
When comparing SS-31 with MOTS-C, what kind of difference did you observe?
The way I see it, SS-31 works on mitochondrial repair. For a stretch of time, I couldn't point to any obvious sensation from it. As time went on, though, my endurance across longer stretches improved overall. That showed up somewhat during workouts, but honestly more in everyday life... I had more capacity to get things done. My attention held for longer stretches too. With MOTS-C, the mitochondria get a signal to increase fat oxidation and push the body to work harder on your behalf-- which is why my lifting feels stronger in the gym-- heavier loads, extra reps, and just more output overall. From what I understand, it functions more as a workout amplifier. SS-31's role is fixing up the mitochondria so they're ready when you later ask more of them through MOTS-C. In my case, doing several weeks of SS-31 before returning to MOTS-C produced a clear difference. These days, I use both on an intermittent basis.
 
TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
Hey bro 👋

What's the size of your deficit? Fatigue and brain fog can come from that.

Also, I'd say you probably need to take a break from the motsc — it has to be cycled on and off, and going through 9 vials straight wouldn't do you any favors. Step back and reset.
 
Worth keeping in mind: how peptides hit each person varies quite a bit across the board. MOTS-C works great for certain individuals, while for others it doesn't do much at all. On top of that, at 18 your body is still in its normal developmental phase. From what I understand, compounds such as SS31 and MOTS-C serve to restore or enhance mitochondrial function — they aren't designed to push it to god tier. So honestly, my take is that you wouldn't get the same payoff from it as somebody further along in age. That's just my two cents as a now older guy.
 
smartymarti said:

Tried mots-c and it left me completely drained. I'm 50, do 40 minutes of cardio 4 days a week, but I couldn't get through my workout because I had no energy. What's the next best option, or should I switch to taking it at night?
When you were on this, did you get any bloodwork done? Things like fasting glucose or A1C?
 
timj382 said:


I do 5mg MOTSC fasted before lifting weights. And only on days when I lift weights. Been doing it for months and it works really well for me. No problems so far and as long as I time it correctly so that I hit the 30 minute post-pin point in such a way that I'm lifting when that happens, the workout is supercharged.

I also just added DSIP too this very week. And WOW, i think I am going to need to maybe get closer to finally spending 7-8 hours in bed rather than 5-6. And my Oura ring is reporting better deep sleep and REM already just a couple days in. So far, definite game changer.

Click to expand...
If Dsip keeps working for you, it would be worth posting an update in about a month.

I've seen plenty of reports where it worked initially, then the benefits faded. Since I'm constantly hunting for something to improve sleep, I'd be interested in how it goes.
 
JustMakeItHappen said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
Hey bro 👋

What's the size of your deficit? Fatigue and brain fog can come from that.

Also, I'd say you probably need to take a break from the motsc — it has to be cycled on and off, and going through 9 vials straight wouldn't do you any favors. Step back and reset.
Hey!

Since my vials were 10 mg, I took 5 mg 3 times per week. I've quit using it. During the first months my calorie deficit was extremely low and I was running on pure motivation; a couple months in, it moved to 1600, then 1800. After starting glp, I'm not nearly as concerned with tracking and just go by my best judgement from the months of tracking I did naturally. At most, I'm now maintaining or losing 0.5 to 1 pounds a week. Once the weather turns colder I'd like to bulk up, but until then I'm just curious what my options are besides the obvious one of giving my body more calories to work with.
 
TurnipMate said:


I am 18 didn’t feel anything from mots however I do have underlying fatigue problems, i’m thinking i’d have a better experience once I fix the cause of my fatigue.

Click to expand...

Yeah, the dosage could be the issue. Best practice is to begin with a small amount, then increase it only if you're not seeing results.

Turbo-Farmer said:


The recommended dose for 5-Am is wildly different depending on your source.

I get the 100mg vials, add 2.5 ml and put it in a pen cartridge. After I finish my 3 kits, I going to get the 20ml vial of 100mg/ml suspension. It’s not like Reta or any GLP as it doesn’t have the side effects.

Click to expand...

I meant the MOTSC dosage. I don't know much about the 5 amino dosing. Still, I'm seriously considering putting it into my stack soon.

timj382 said:


I do 5mg MOTSC fasted before lifting weights. And only on days when I lift weights. Been doing it for months and it works really well for me. No problems so far and as long as I time it correctly so that I hit the 30 minute post-pin point in such a way that I'm lifting when that happens, the workout is supercharged.

I also just added DSIP too this very week. And WOW, i think I am going to need to maybe get closer to finally spending 7-8 hours in bed rather than 5-6. And my Oura ring is reporting better deep sleep and REM already just a couple days in. So far, definite game changer.

Click to expand...
Yeah, the level of supercharged energy you get is honestly ridiculous! And if you stack that with DSIP, the gains become unreal. The sleep quality is so high that you wake up feeling ultra refreshed. That then fuels your workout even further. DSIP is absolutely one of my top peptides.

Standish said:

From my own experience, Mots-C doesn't live up to the hype. As an endurance runner, I noticed zero benefits from it, and it seems like more people report the same lack of results with this peptide compared to others.

The one thing it reliably causes is irritating, itchy reactions at the injection site. When someone calls Mots-C a "game changer," I have serious doubts.
I don't believe it's overhyped, since I tested it personally and it delivers. I take it before lifting, and sometimes I do cardio after lifting too, yet I still have unlimited energy. Before MOTSC, that was not the case for me.
 
timj382 said:

StanNorth said:

timj382 said:

Standish said:

From my own experience, Mots-C doesn't live up to the hype. As an endurance runner, I noticed zero benefits from it, and it seems like more people report the same lack of results with this peptide compared to others.

The one thing it reliably causes is irritating, itchy reactions at the injection site. When someone calls Mots-C a "game changer," I have serious doubts.
What I've read and personally gone through lines up with what you're describing: MOTS-C tends to deliver a lot more for weightlifting than it does for cardio. On the days I lift, I inject 5mg of MOTSC, and in the gym I'm simply unstoppable. A couple of doses before a steep, mountainous hike does give me a boost, but hiking isn't running — they're completely different demands. As far as my own heavy-lifting results go, MOTS-C has not been overhyped at all. One more thing: I paused MOTS-C and used SS-31 for 20+ days, then went back to MOTS-C, and the difference afterward was night and day. I'm also a person who has dropped roughly 110 lbs over the past 3+ years — actually more than that, since I've put on muscle during the same stretch — so I've been repairing a system that was compromised. If you're an elite endurance athlete whose mitochondrial health is already running at full throttle, you might be in the fortunate position of not needing much of a boost.
When comparing SS-31 with MOTS-C, what kind of difference did you observe?
The way I see it, SS-31 works on mitochondrial repair. For a stretch of time, I couldn't point to any obvious sensation from it. As time went on, though, my endurance across longer stretches improved overall. That showed up somewhat during workouts, but honestly more in everyday life... I had more capacity to get things done. My attention held for longer stretches too. With MOTS-C, the mitochondria get a signal to increase fat oxidation and push the body to work harder on your behalf-- which is why my lifting feels stronger in the gym-- heavier loads, extra reps, and just more output overall. From what I understand, it functions more as a workout amplifier. SS-31's role is fixing up the mitochondria so they're ready when you later ask more of them through MOTS-C. In my case, doing several weeks of SS-31 before returning to MOTS-C produced a clear difference. These days, I use both on an intermittent basis.
What you went through with MOTSC mirrors what happened to me. Beyond the gym, I found myself running on more energy all day once I pinned it. SS31 is next on my list, with the goal of pushing my mitochondria to work even better. Whether I got the order wrong, I can't say — I went with MOTSC first and SS31 after. From what I gather, the sequence is meant to be flipped, but no harm done; things are going fine regardless.
 
TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
18 and using GH.

Not.

Smart.

Begin living NATURALLY.
 
I ran Epithalon at 1mg each night for 10 days and feel it was effective in my case. Alongside it I used DISP, and kept going with DISP at a low dose on a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule until the 10mg vial was finished. At this point I am taking a 4 week break before resuming it. Previously my sleep was broken every single night, and these days I am sleeping right through the night.

Where energy is concerned, Semax helps me a lot. A low dose nasal spray, used twice daily.

Mots-C and SS-31 are two others I have tried, with SS-31 taken in the morning and Mots-C taken before bed. My reason for using them is more about getting my cells healthy.
 
TurnipMate said:

JustMakeItHappen said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
Hey bro 👋

What's the size of your deficit? Fatigue and brain fog can come from that.

Also, I'd say you probably need to take a break from the motsc — it has to be cycled on and off, and going through 9 vials straight wouldn't do you any favors. Step back and reset.
Hey!

Since my vials were 10 mg, I took 5 mg 3 times per week. I've quit using it. During the first months my calorie deficit was extremely low and I was running on pure motivation; a couple months in, it moved to 1600, then 1800. After starting glp, I'm not nearly as concerned with tracking and just go by my best judgement from the months of tracking I did naturally. At most, I'm now maintaining or losing 0.5 to 1 pounds a week. Once the weather turns colder I'd like to bulk up, but until then I'm just curious what my options are besides the obvious one of giving my body more calories to work with.
Yeah, your intake is really low, buddy!

What are your BMR and TDEE??

If you're sitting around all day, then you're probably in a massive deficit lol.

Right now I'm taking in 2200.

BMR is about 1750.

And my TDEE is huge too, so I feel drained all day!

This is probably a major factor, man.
 
JustMakeItHappen said:

TurnipMate said:

JustMakeItHappen said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
Hey bro 👋

What's the size of your deficit? Fatigue and brain fog can come from that.

Also, I'd say you probably need to take a break from the motsc — it has to be cycled on and off, and going through 9 vials straight wouldn't do you any favors. Step back and reset.
Hey!

Since my vials were 10 mg, I took 5 mg 3 times per week. I've quit using it. During the first months my calorie deficit was extremely low and I was running on pure motivation; a couple months in, it moved to 1600, then 1800. After starting glp, I'm not nearly as concerned with tracking and just go by my best judgement from the months of tracking I did naturally. At most, I'm now maintaining or losing 0.5 to 1 pounds a week. Once the weather turns colder I'd like to bulk up, but until then I'm just curious what my options are besides the obvious one of giving my body more calories to work with.
Yeah, your intake is really low, buddy!

What are your BMR and TDEE??

If you're sitting around all day, then you're probably in a massive deficit lol.

Right now I'm taking in 2200.

BMR is about 1750.

And my TDEE is huge too, so I feel drained all day!

This is probably a major factor, man.
Based on what everyone’s saying, it’s clear I need to increase my food intake. During my natural dieting phase, I ended at 1900 and was in a nearly nonexistent deficit while weighing ~155, hitting 10 k steps, and lifting weights almost every day—so I became convinced my metabolism had adapted a lot. The calculator puts my bmr at about 1600, I walk an average of 7,500 steps daily, and I aim for the gym at least 3 days a week. Everyone’s input has really helped!
 
LabRatts said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
18 and using GH.

Not.

Smart.

Begin living NATURALLY.
Hi, could you elaborate on what's worrying you? Every night I use 5 iu, and I check my fasting glucose in the mornings fairly often. I'm also exploring Rythm so I can get my blood work done. I want to absorb as much information as possible from this community!
 
Since this looks like the current go-to MOTS-C thread, I figured I'd drop my experience here.

After my very first 3mg pin of MOT-C, I headed out for a morning session and the energy hit me hard. It was a fantastic feeling.

Absolute perfection from this peptide. I'll rest tomorrow and repeat Thursday morning.
 
For roughly 2 months, SS31 worked incredibly well for me, but after that it quit doing anything.

For some reason, MotsC simply had no impact on me at all.
 
Redleo380 said:

I ran Epithalon at 1mg each night for 10 days and feel it was effective in my case. Alongside it I used DISP, and kept going with DISP at a low dose on a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule until the 10mg vial was finished. At this point I am taking a 4 week break before resuming it. Previously my sleep was broken every single night, and these days I am sleeping right through the night.

Where energy is concerned, Semax helps me a lot. A low dose nasal spray, used twice daily.

Mots-C and SS-31 are two others I have tried, with SS-31 taken in the morning and Mots-C taken before bed. My reason for using them is more about getting my cells healthy.
What really blew my mind was epitalon. After 5 days I had to stop, because it left me so drowsy and foggy — every single morning I'd wake up exhausted, and I'd end up sleeping around 9 to 10 hours. Before adding epitalon, I'd already been on DSIP for roughly 2 weeks. Back then, with just DSIP, I was getting 6 to 7 hours a night and it was the best sleep of my life — I'd wake up totally refreshed and alert. Then just 1 day ago I dropped the epitalon, and that great, high-quality sleep came right back. No idea what epitalon was doing to me. It just made me incredibly tired the moment I woke up, and I'd feel super sleepy way too early in the day. With DSIP, my experience is the exact opposite.

Also, how did you manage to run out of DSIP? I take 100 mcg every night before bed, and I've got 10 vials of 5 mg each, so that supply is going to last me ages before I ever need to restock. For me, 100 mcg hits the sweet spot — not too much, not too little.
 
In my experience, MOTS-C has been very effective against inflammation. As other members here have pointed out, 5-Amino 1MQ is excellent for keeping energy up through most of the day. However, I've noticed that its effects are enhanced when NAD+ is added. I take both in the morning.
 
TurnipMate said:

LabRatts said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
18 and using GH.

Not.

Smart.

Begin living NATURALLY.
Hi, could you elaborate on what's worrying you? Every night I use 5 iu, and I check my fasting glucose in the mornings fairly often. I'm also exploring Rythm so I can get my blood work done. I want to absorb as much information as possible from this community!
At 18 years old, using HGH raises red flags, since a male's body is typically performing at its best.

His IGF-1 levels would essentially already be ideal, so introducing synthetic HGH only serves to shut down his own natural production.
 
JustMakeItHappen said:

TurnipMate said:

LabRatts said:

TurnipMate said:

Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
18 and using GH.

Not.

Smart.

Begin living NATURALLY.
Hi, could you elaborate on what's worrying you? Every night I use 5 iu, and I check my fasting glucose in the mornings fairly often. I'm also exploring Rythm so I can get my blood work done. I want to absorb as much information as possible from this community!
At 18 years old, using HGH raises red flags, since a male's body is typically performing at its best.

His IGF-1 levels would essentially already be ideal, so introducing synthetic HGH only serves to shut down his own natural production.
From what I understand, suppression only happens during use, though I do value everyone's worry on this and plan to dig deeper into it. Thanks!
 
Back
Top