Elevated pulse after first Reta dose?

woundcarping said:

What's the reason a 5'8" Nordic woman with a normal BMI, who rides a bike, and is full of anxiety would be using Reta?
She has struggled with weight loss for many years, and her stomach fat is hormonal in nature. After she heard that I shed mine with Reta (my own drop was 80kg to 50kg across 7 months), she wanted to give it a try too. Since she is a grown woman who looked into it herself, I'm not going to be the one who tells her no. Whether it's necessary is debatable, and I'd agree with that, but the alternative was 400€ per month for Ozempic through her doctor.
 
Trying reta one more time could be reasonable, but if anxiety keeps coming back even once she understands what's happening and has talked it through, then making the switch to tirz seems logical — particularly since she isn't aiming to drop a huge amount of weight, perhaps around 5-10kg, or however lean she wants to end up. At 167cm, 64kg works out to a BMI of 23, meaning losing just a few kilos would move her below the overweight threshold, while -10kg would put her at a BMI of 21, which you could argue is too thin. When the goal isn't treating obesity, tolerating troublesome side effects becomes far harder to justify.
 
Valyra said:

She has struggled with weight loss for many years, and her stomach fat is hormonal in nature. After she heard that I shed mine with Reta (my own drop was 80kg to 50kg across 7 months), she wanted to give it a try too. Since she is a grown woman who looked into it herself, I'm not going to be the one who tells her no. Whether it's necessary is debatable, and I'd agree with that, but the alternative was 400€ per month for Ozempic through her doctor.
No — you passed over tirz, and that's likely the stronger choice in her case.
 
Back
Top