yrrdead said:
latviantower said:
So you're saying a single tesa dose did it? That doesn't add up. Getting glucose readings to shift from hgh takes more time than that, and the gh pulse from tesa is on the gentler side. Down the road, Reta ought to blunt whatever sugar effect comes from gh or any gh secretogoblin. Sounds to me like there's another factor at play.
In an earlier thread, it came to light that the original poster mentioned having Type 1 diabetes.
Blood sugars above 11 or 200 — whichever units you're quoting — is what I'd call definite diabetes territory, so I was trying to follow how you got there.
GLP's in type 1 diabetes are nowhere near mainstream accepted therapy at this point, even though several studies hint they might be useful and not overly dangerous.
I've no idea whether you are genuinely pinning that many new peptides at once, or if most were already in the mix, but stacking several together makes it very hard to work out what is causing what if you get side effects, and with type 1 diabetes in the picture, advancing one peptide at a time under careful monitoring is the sensible line.
Nor am I aware of any studies of reta in type 1, I just looked on google scholar and found nothing at all. I know sema and tirz have been studied, but reta has glucagon, so it could behave differently when insulin is low, rather than in the high insulin and insulin resistant states seen in type 2 diabetes or obesity. So from what you've described, the high sugars could be reta, or reta plus tesamorelin, or tesamorelin by itself — though that seems high for tesamorelin on its own.
I hope you realise you're sitting at risk of diabetic ketoacidosis at those sugar levels, and GLP drugs raise that risk and raise the danger too. So even if you have checked ketones and do not have it , you will still need to track sugars and ketones closely and adjust insulin doses, and because of the long half life , effects could linger for a couple of weeks even after you stop.
Is an endocrinologist managing your diabetes? Someone you could tell about the reta and tesa??? That would likely be the best solution, though it seems you are in the US, where telling your doctor things gets held against you. Obviously, if ketosis does start, you will not get a choice and will need treatment and the doctors will need to know what is going on for your safety. Making them treat you in the dark, without that information, would be dangerous.
What I can tell you is that all of them should stop, and sugars and ketones need close watching. And reta is definitely not safe in type 1 diabetes at this stage , since no research on that combination exists that I can find, and the glucagon agonism matters and differs from the other GLP's when type 1 diabetes is in play — nobody, as far as I can tell, knows what it will do.
Once the drugs clear out of your system in a few weeks, it might be time to think about it. Beyond getting expert endocrinologist input there is nothing I can recommend, and my hunch is they would be uneasy about you on any GLP. Were you set on a GLP anyway, and I have no knowledge as to why you are taking them, then semaglutide or tirzepatide are the less bad options , since at least some research exists for type 1 diabetes, though I still would not call them safe choices, and understanding every paper on the subject would have to come before anything, and if that is not practical then using them is just too risky. And obviously only one peptide at a time, adding more shouldn't even come up unless the dose and blood sugars held steady for a month or so first.
Please note , I am not an endocrinologist or a currently practicing doctor, and my knowledge of type 1 diabetes is limited. I may be over reacting , but from the limited information here your situation does look potentially dangerous, and expert real medical advice is the best option you have.