Elevated blood sugar from these particular peptides?

derekd419

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Mansfield, Ohio
Yesterday was day 1 of my stack, and based on everything I've read, blood sugar shouldn't be impacted by any of these peptides. Yet today my readings have stayed in the high 200's the entire day, which is really unusual for me. Normally I sit around 70-150 or so. What I'm using:

Reta

GHK-CU

BPC-157 + TB

5 Amino 1Q

Mots-C

Aod 9604

Tesamorelin

If any of these made your glucose go up, which one caused it, and did it eventually go away or did you quit using it altogether?
 
derekd419 said:

Yesterday was day 1 of my stack, and based on everything I've read, blood sugar shouldn't be impacted by any of these peptides. Yet today my readings have stayed in the high 200's the entire day, which is really unusual for me. Normally I sit around 70-150 or so. What I'm using:

Reta

GHK-CU

BPC-157 + TB

5 Amino 1Q

Mots-C

Aod 9604

Tesamorelin

If any of these made your glucose go up, which one caused it, and did it eventually go away or did you quit using it altogether?
Just a thought..... Tesamorelin has the potential to elevate glucose through GH-mediated insulin resistance, despite the fact that most of the other compounds in your stack shouldn't do that. Jumping from 70–150 to the 200s is quite a significant change. Did you get any baseline labs done—fasting glucose, insulin, or perhaps IGF1—prior to beginning? It could be useful to remove one variable (Tesamorelin in particular) and observe whether levels return to normal
 
Jfrick11 said:

derekd419 said:

Yesterday was day 1 of my stack, and based on everything I've read, blood sugar shouldn't be impacted by any of these peptides. Yet today my readings have stayed in the high 200's the entire day, which is really unusual for me. Normally I sit around 70-150 or so. What I'm using:

Reta

GHK-CU

BPC-157 + TB

5 Amino 1Q

Mots-C

Aod 9604

Tesamorelin

If any of these made your glucose go up, which one caused it, and did it eventually go away or did you quit using it altogether?
Just a thought..... Tesamorelin has the potential to elevate glucose through GH-mediated insulin resistance, despite the fact that most of the other compounds in your stack shouldn't do that. Jumping from 70–150 to the 200s is quite a significant change. Did you get any baseline labs done—fasting glucose, insulin, or perhaps IGF1—prior to beginning? It could be useful to remove one variable (Tesamorelin in particular) and observe whether levels return to normal
That could be what's behind it! Maybe I'll try cutting my dose in half first to see if that helps, rather than stopping it altogether right away. But if it turns out to trigger insulin resistance, then I won't be able to keep using it. Appreciate the response!
 
To give everyone a clearer picture, you need to include details like your body stats, diabetes-A1C, and diet.
 
derekd419 said:

Yesterday was day 1 of my stack, and based on everything I've read, blood sugar shouldn't be impacted by any of these peptides. Yet today my readings have stayed in the high 200's the entire day, which is really unusual for me. Normally I sit around 70-150 or so. What I'm using:

Reta

GHK-CU

BPC-157 + TB

5 Amino 1Q

Mots-C

Aod 9604

Tesamorelin

If any of these made your glucose go up, which one caused it, and did it eventually go away or did you quit using it altogether?
I'm tagging along here, since I've long wondered whether certain tesa users end up needing Reta, bellermine, or metaformin, as though they were on large HGH doses.
 
derekd419 said:

Jfrick11 said:

derekd419 said:

Yesterday was day 1 of my stack, and based on everything I've read, blood sugar shouldn't be impacted by any of these peptides. Yet today my readings have stayed in the high 200's the entire day, which is really unusual for me. Normally I sit around 70-150 or so. What I'm using:

Reta

GHK-CU

BPC-157 + TB

5 Amino 1Q

Mots-C

Aod 9604

Tesamorelin

If any of these made your glucose go up, which one caused it, and did it eventually go away or did you quit using it altogether?
Just a thought..... Tesamorelin has the potential to elevate glucose through GH-mediated insulin resistance, despite the fact that most of the other compounds in your stack shouldn't do that. Jumping from 70–150 to the 200s is quite a significant change. Did you get any baseline labs done—fasting glucose, insulin, or perhaps IGF1—prior to beginning? It could be useful to remove one variable (Tesamorelin in particular) and observe whether levels return to normal
That could be what's behind it! Maybe I'll try cutting my dose in half first to see if that helps, rather than stopping it altogether right away. But if it turns out to trigger insulin resistance, then I won't be able to keep using it. Appreciate the response!
Your call, obviously... however when IGF1 is already up, stacking Tesamorelin on top may drive that pathway harder and raise the odds of glucose dysregulation. Readings sitting in the 200s is not a safe scenario for tinkering with dosage changes. 😬

Also, whether you had baseline labs at the start isn't clear to me, but assuming you didn't, my inclination would be to pause, allow things to settle, and then re-evaluate using proper labs before working out if pursuing that route is even reasonable.
 
Man, piling all that on at the same time is a lot, and I'd definitely want baseline labs to monitor what's happening—particularly for the GH-related items, but also a basic CMP and such, considering everything you've got in the mix. I'd ease in gradually; there's no telling what any of it is actually doing once you combine it all.
 
So you're saying a single tesa dose did it? That doesn't add up. Getting glucose readings to shift from hgh takes more time than that, and the gh pulse from tesa is on the gentler side. Down the road, Reta ought to blunt whatever sugar effect comes from gh or any gh secretogoblin. Sounds to me like there's another factor at play.
 
latviantower said:

So you're saying a single tesa dose did it? That doesn't add up. Getting glucose readings to shift from hgh takes more time than that, and the gh pulse from tesa is on the gentler side. Down the road, Reta ought to blunt whatever sugar effect comes from gh or any gh secretogoblin. Sounds to me like there's another factor at play.
In an earlier thread, it came to light that the original poster mentioned having Type 1 diabetes.
 
Tesa is off the table for me. My glucose and a1c went up even from hgh at 10 years younger.... after 3 weeks on tesa my glucose hit 130 and a1c was 6.... once I stopped, I'm still sitting at 100-105 glucose, and I've been borderline prediabetic for the last 5 years, so tesa or any gh secretogue is something I won't use again.
 
yrrdead said:

latviantower said:

So you're saying a single tesa dose did it? That doesn't add up. Getting glucose readings to shift from hgh takes more time than that, and the gh pulse from tesa is on the gentler side. Down the road, Reta ought to blunt whatever sugar effect comes from gh or any gh secretogoblin. Sounds to me like there's another factor at play.
In an earlier thread, it came to light that the original poster mentioned having Type 1 diabetes.
Blood sugars above 11 or 200 — whichever units you're quoting — is what I'd call definite diabetes territory, so I was trying to follow how you got there.

GLP's in type 1 diabetes are nowhere near mainstream accepted therapy at this point, even though several studies hint they might be useful and not overly dangerous.

I've no idea whether you are genuinely pinning that many new peptides at once, or if most were already in the mix, but stacking several together makes it very hard to work out what is causing what if you get side effects, and with type 1 diabetes in the picture, advancing one peptide at a time under careful monitoring is the sensible line.

Nor am I aware of any studies of reta in type 1, I just looked on google scholar and found nothing at all. I know sema and tirz have been studied, but reta has glucagon, so it could behave differently when insulin is low, rather than in the high insulin and insulin resistant states seen in type 2 diabetes or obesity. So from what you've described, the high sugars could be reta, or reta plus tesamorelin, or tesamorelin by itself — though that seems high for tesamorelin on its own.

I hope you realise you're sitting at risk of diabetic ketoacidosis at those sugar levels, and GLP drugs raise that risk and raise the danger too. So even if you have checked ketones and do not have it , you will still need to track sugars and ketones closely and adjust insulin doses, and because of the long half life , effects could linger for a couple of weeks even after you stop.

Is an endocrinologist managing your diabetes? Someone you could tell about the reta and tesa??? That would likely be the best solution, though it seems you are in the US, where telling your doctor things gets held against you. Obviously, if ketosis does start, you will not get a choice and will need treatment and the doctors will need to know what is going on for your safety. Making them treat you in the dark, without that information, would be dangerous.

What I can tell you is that all of them should stop, and sugars and ketones need close watching. And reta is definitely not safe in type 1 diabetes at this stage , since no research on that combination exists that I can find, and the glucagon agonism matters and differs from the other GLP's when type 1 diabetes is in play — nobody, as far as I can tell, knows what it will do.

Once the drugs clear out of your system in a few weeks, it might be time to think about it. Beyond getting expert endocrinologist input there is nothing I can recommend, and my hunch is they would be uneasy about you on any GLP. Were you set on a GLP anyway, and I have no knowledge as to why you are taking them, then semaglutide or tirzepatide are the less bad options , since at least some research exists for type 1 diabetes, though I still would not call them safe choices, and understanding every paper on the subject would have to come before anything, and if that is not practical then using them is just too risky. And obviously only one peptide at a time, adding more shouldn't even come up unless the dose and blood sugars held steady for a month or so first.

Please note , I am not an endocrinologist or a currently practicing doctor, and my knowledge of type 1 diabetes is limited. I may be over reacting , but from the limited information here your situation does look potentially dangerous, and expert real medical advice is the best option you have.
 
yrrdead said:

latviantower said:

So you're saying a single tesa dose did it? That doesn't add up. Getting glucose readings to shift from hgh takes more time than that, and the gh pulse from tesa is on the gentler side. Down the road, Reta ought to blunt whatever sugar effect comes from gh or any gh secretogoblin. Sounds to me like there's another factor at play.
In an earlier thread, it came to light that the original poster mentioned having Type 1 diabetes.
Oh no, I completely overlooked that. If it were me, I wouldn't touch any GLP's—reta in particular—unless a broad minded and hyper vigilant endocrinologist were overseeing things.
 
Hold on. Did you begin every one of these at once? You never introduced a single one first and then gradually added the others?

At this point it's a blind guess, buddy.

This isn't about seeing who can pile on the most compounds (or whatever someone's competitive urge might be). Your health is at stake here. Treat it that way.

Being a T1 myself, I wouldn't move forward unless my own doctor, the one managing my treatment, was involved. Telehealth visits don't qualify for something like this.
 
Back
Top