Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Wearables in the Fitbit category rely on heart rate variability to classify sleep stages. Should DSIP alter either pulse or HRV, the sleep-stage readout could be thrown off. That the original poster reported feeling less refreshed says a lot.woundcarping said:
wildweasel said:
That matches my experience exactly.woundcarping said:
DSIP was a bad experience in my case — my sleep quality clearly got worse. After 5 nights in a row of consistent negative deviation from my baseline, I stopped taking it.
When I stacked it with epithalon, the negative effect was reduced to nearly neutral.
It's just not something that works for me. Any guesses about where I began it?
View attachment 11550
Across the 7 days, my average sleep duration went up quite a bit. But when you check the charts, my total Deep Sleep time dropped by an average of 35%, and REM sleep fell by roughly 15%. The additional sleep was all Light Sleep, which is low-quality sleep with very little restorative value.
Every morning I felt worse rested than the morning before.
My overall sleep duration deteriorated fast.
I have very little faith in what my ring reports for the different sleep phases. I haven't looked into how it arrives at those results at all, so I might be completely wrong.
Since I began taking dsip, deep sleep now makes up nearly 50% of my sleep cycle, averaging about 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep each night!Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
hahaha, do you have a bunch of stuff piling up that you're trying to clear out?Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
Sleep ratio from last nightCNCCurrency said:
Since I began taking dsip, deep sleep now makes up nearly 50% of my sleep cycle, averaging about 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep each night!Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
CNCCurrency said:
Sleep ratio from last nightView attachment 11551CNCCurrency said:
Since I began taking dsip, deep sleep now makes up nearly 50% of my sleep cycle, averaging about 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep each night!Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
I'm not certain I understand?woundcarping said:
CNCCurrency said:
Sleep ratio from last nightView attachment 11551CNCCurrency said:
Since I began taking dsip, deep sleep now makes up nearly 50% of my sleep cycle, averaging about 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep each night!Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
Seems like REM and deep sleep get merged into one category.
Disregard that—I just had a moment of clarity.CNCCurrency said:
I'm not certain I understand?woundcarping said:
CNCCurrency said:
Sleep ratio from last nightView attachment 11551CNCCurrency said:
Since I began taking dsip, deep sleep now makes up nearly 50% of my sleep cycle, averaging about 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep each night!Rezwalker said:
quit taking dsip as of yesterday because it seems to have no effect on me
after 2 weeks, my first night off it gave me an extra 30 minutes of deep sleep ...
from 35 min up to 65 min![]()
Seems like REM and deep sleep get merged into one category.