Dosing tirzepatide past 15 mg?

Ryty2266

Explorer
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Glasgow, UK
Anyone here pushed past the 15mg ceiling that prescriptions allow for MJ? I have been sitting at 15mg for 6 months and it is losing its grip. Thinking about stepping up to 17.5mg, maybe even 20mg.
 
In my case, how much I can take comes down to how well I handle the side effects. That ceiling could sit higher or lower than the highest dose tested in trials.
 
It's likely a matter of what you can handle. If 15mg has been your dose for quite a while, I'd say just move to 16mg and check how it goes, then keep increasing if needed. I know someone in my family who'd be at 15mg of Tirz. The only reason they aren't is because they take 2mg Reta weekly plus 12.5mg of Tirz. They've still got 50lbs left to drop, and since their insurance covers the Tirz at no cost, I figure they'll reach that point soon, just like where you are now.
 
I previously took Tirz at 10 mg once every 5 days. Later on, I introduced some Sema to boost appetite suppression (a few days following the 10 mg Tirz). With the Glip1 plotter, I managed to reach a steady state of 17-20 mg per week. These days I'm back on a weekly schedule for maintenance.
 
Each week I take roughly 18mg of Tirz and 6mg of Reta. The sole issue I've run into is frequent burping once I've eaten — nothing foul, just ordinary burps.

Cagri was part of my routine too, yet I couldn't tell it was helping. After dropping it 2 weeks back, nothing changed as far as I can tell.
 
On this forum, pairing Tirz with Reta appears to be a frequent recommendation. That's intriguing — I might give it a shot.
 
staffn1 said:

Curious whether adding a different glp on top would work out better than raising the dose further.

As far as I'm aware, no study exists that is better or worse for answering that question.

If Reta isn't in your possession yet, that would simplify the choice.

On either Tirz or Reta, I've used SFA to handle sides. My dose is split, though from what I experienced at 10mg/week, I don't anticipate problems with Reta at 15mg/week.

Tirz is something I have as well, and every so often I'll stack it.
 
I've gone as high as 17mg of tirzepatide and haven't run into any problems. A clinical trial is underway right now that's looking at larger tirzepatide doses, though the specific numbers haven't been made public. My guess would be 20mg and 25mg, but that's nothing more than speculation.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk filed with the FDA seeking approval for bigger injectable semaglutide doses, going up to 7.2mg — which, if it means anything, is 3x the highest dose previously available.

As long as you're handling the medication well at 15mg, moving up from 15mg shouldn't cause you any trouble.

What worked for me was adding a small dose of semaglutide once a week on top, which ended a stall I'd hit around late November / early December.
 
A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
 
woundcarping said:

A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
If they were sticking to the clinical protocol rather than using customized dosing, wouldn't that matter more?
 
myopicmystic said:

woundcarping said:

A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
If they were sticking to the clinical protocol rather than using customized dosing, wouldn't that matter more?

b0e7f73b1fa6713de87923a8e3ebcf6d772f693f10f8bf0c85bb73df46a0a6de.gif
 
myopicmystic said:

woundcarping said:

A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
If they were sticking to the clinical protocol rather than using customized dosing, wouldn't that matter more?
The clinical protocol stops at 15mg.

What I meant is that adding just 1mg at the 15mg level is a very small increase—measurement inaccuracies and differences in fill could add up to more than that. It might not be completely irrelevant, but it's quite minor and stepwise.
 
woundcarping said:

myopicmystic said:

woundcarping said:

A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
If they were sticking to the clinical protocol rather than using customized dosing, wouldn't that matter more?
The clinical protocol stops at 15mg.

What I meant is that adding just 1mg at the 15mg level is a very small increase—measurement inaccuracies and differences in fill could add up to more than that. It might not be completely irrelevant, but it's quite minor and stepwise.
Ah, that makes sense! I’ve obviously got more to learn
 
For me, stacking reta was a bust. I'm a big guy, and for the past couple of weeks I've been injecting roughly 19.5mg each week. Progress is gradual — about 1-2 pounds per 10 days. Not fast, but measurable.

One thing you can't tell is how strong your tirz actually is. Back when I started, I had some compounded stuff that was seriously underpowered. If you're a heavy caber tosser, you need the strong stuff!
 
woundcarping said:

myopicmystic said:

woundcarping said:

A while back, someone put forward 16mg… a bump from 15mg to 16mg would probably do nothing, since it sits comfortably within the accumulated real-world wiggle room from fill, reconstitution, and draw/dose variation. Moving 15mg to 16mg works out to a 6.6% rise, whereas 12.5mg to 15mg represents a 20.8% rise. To get a comparable step upward (20% increase), you'd need to go from 15mg to 18mg.
If they were sticking to the clinical protocol rather than using customized dosing, wouldn't that matter more?
The clinical protocol stops at 15mg.

What I meant is that adding just 1mg at the 15mg level is a very small increase—measurement inaccuracies and differences in fill could add up to more than that. It might not be completely irrelevant, but it's quite minor and stepwise.

My aim is only slightly above 15mg, so on certain weeks I’ll do 17mg and on others 16mg. It’s likely mostly a placebo response, since I’m with you that a 1mg bump at a 15mg dose probably doesn’t amount to much. At first my plan was to keep raising the dose all the way to 20mg or even 25mg, but I chose to stack instead, and I intend to reduce the tirzepatide eventually—yet when shot day arrives, I just can’t bring myself to do it.
 
Ryty2266 said:

Anyone here pushed past the 15mg ceiling that prescriptions allow for MJ? I have been sitting at 15mg for 6 months and it is losing its grip. Thinking about stepping up to 17.5mg, maybe even 20mg.
Assuming MJ refers to Mounjaro, then you do have some sense of how strong it is. That is, if what you're receiving is Mounjaro or a different brand?
 
ktg123 said:

Each week I take roughly 18mg of Tirz and 6mg of Reta. The sole issue I've run into is frequent burping once I've eaten — nothing foul, just ordinary burps.

Cagri was part of my routine too, yet I couldn't tell it was helping. After dropping it 2 weeks back, nothing changed as far as I can tell.
I want to run tirz and reta together. Do you inject both on one day, or do you space the shots apart?
 
fattymckee said:

ktg123 said:

Each week I take roughly 18mg of Tirz and 6mg of Reta. The sole issue I've run into is frequent burping once I've eaten — nothing foul, just ordinary burps.

Cagri was part of my routine too, yet I couldn't tell it was helping. After dropping it 2 weeks back, nothing changed as far as I can tell.
I want to run tirz and reta together. Do you inject both on one day, or do you space the shots apart?
I space Tirz and Reta apart, injecting Reta 3 days later.
 
High-dose tirzepatide trials are currently finishing up. Trying it should be fine, but move forward carefully.
 
Back
Top