Dosing Question

jmk909er

Explorer
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Woodward, Oklahoma, USA
I'm confused about how dosing works... Let's say there's a 30mg vial and BAC water has to be added to reconstitute it. How would I figure out the amount for the syringe if my goal is 5mg each week? My thinking is that the BAC water amount has to be exact, and adding too much would make it weaker?

From what I understand, mg measures the medication while ml measures the liquid. This is really confusing for me. Could anyone explain? Thanks.
 
jmk909er said:

I'm confused about how dosing works... Let's say there's a 30mg vial and BAC water has to be added to reconstitute it. How would I figure out the amount for the syringe if my goal is 5mg each week? My thinking is that the BAC water amount has to be exact, and adding too much would make it weaker?

From what I understand, mg measures the medication while ml measures the liquid. This is really confusing for me. Could anyone explain? Thanks.
Suppose your vial contains 30mg and you add 2ml of BAC water. That gives a concentration of 15mg per ml, which means a 5mg dose works out to 1/3 of 1ml. Add 3ml instead, and the concentration becomes 10mg per ml, so 5mg equals 1/2ml, or 50 units. When choosing how much BAC water to use, the goal is to make the dose math as simple as possible. For your situation, 3ml is the easier and more accurate option compared with .33333333ml at a 2:1 ratio.
 
715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png




Peptide Reconstitution Calculator | PepRecon



Calculate the exact syringe draw from vial amount, BAC water volume, and target dose, with sourced reconstitution and stability references.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

When it comes to recon, this will be the tool you rely on most. Many options exist, but this is the one I go with.
 
Calculators exist that can assist with this. My preference is a reverse calculator, since it's the simplest approach for me. Begin by deciding how many units you'd like to inject (20-30 is a reasonable range). Then enter that number, along with the vial's total mg and your target dose in mg, into the calculator. It will output the exact amount of bac water to add to your vial. Yes, precision is essential here, so it's worth watching a video or two.

LINK to a reverse calculator.
 
Builderman said:

View attachment 8716



Peptide Reconstitution Calculator | PepRecon



Calculate the exact syringe draw from vial amount, BAC water volume, and target dose, with sourced reconstitution and stability references.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

When it comes to recon, this will be the tool you rely on most. Many options exist, but this is the one I go with.
Thanks a lot! I'll need to go over it for a while before it clicks. My syringes are 0.3ML — when pulling BAC water, is it better to switch to something bigger, such as 0.5ml or 1.0ml?
 

Attachments

  • 715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png
    715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 7
jmk909er said:

Builderman said:

View attachment 8716



Peptide Reconstitution Calculator | PepRecon



Calculate the exact syringe draw from vial amount, BAC water volume, and target dose, with sourced reconstitution and stability references.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

When it comes to recon, this will be the tool you rely on most. Many options exist, but this is the one I go with.
Thanks a lot! I'll need to go over it for a while before it clicks. My syringes are 0.3ML — when pulling BAC water, is it better to switch to something bigger, such as 0.5ml or 1.0ml?
When I reconstitute, a 3ml syringe is what I reach for. After that, to filter, I switch to a 1 1/2” needle, which lets me pull out the entire mixture.
 
jmk909er said:

Builderman said:

View attachment 8716



Peptide Reconstitution Calculator | PepRecon



Calculate the exact syringe draw from vial amount, BAC water volume, and target dose, with sourced reconstitution and stability references.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

When it comes to recon, this will be the tool you rely on most. Many options exist, but this is the one I go with.
Thanks a lot! I'll need to go over it for a while before it clicks. My syringes are 0.3ML — when pulling BAC water, is it better to switch to something bigger, such as 0.5ml or 1.0ml?
A 3ml luer lock is what most people go with. It sounds like you should look for beginner resources. Stairway to grey used to have a good "start here" page that goes over the basics, and they likely still do.
 
jmk909er said:

Builderman said:

View attachment 8716



Peptide Reconstitution Calculator | PepRecon



Calculate the exact syringe draw from vial amount, BAC water volume, and target dose, with sourced reconstitution and stability references.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

When it comes to recon, this will be the tool you rely on most. Many options exist, but this is the one I go with.
Thanks a lot! I'll need to go over it for a while before it clicks. My syringes are 0.3ML — when pulling BAC water, is it better to switch to something bigger, such as 0.5ml or 1.0ml?
For reconstitution, a 3ML syringe is what I use myself. Since 3ml is the highest volume among the peptides I reconstitute, I can pull all the bac at once for a single vial instead of drawing it in several steps.
 
Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
Prior to looking into things on this forum, my provider was the compounding outfit CoreAge RX. Any dose runs $149 per month. A 503A pharmacy supplies your medication. There's a physician, nursing staff, a nutritionist, plus a community you can ask questions in. Setting cost aside, I'd say they're excellent. The remark I quoted above matches my own view. My advice is to spend additional time here and on YouTube prior to stepping away from legitimate sources.
 
Using the numbers from your example:

  • With a 30 mg vial, you get 6 doses at 5 mg each.
  • For Tirz, the injection volume I find ideal is 0.40 ml (equal to 40 units on small syringes or pens).
  • Therefore, 6 × 0.40 ml = 2.4 ml of BAC water to add.

To put it simply:

  • Dividing the vial’s total amount by the dose you want tells you how many doses are available.
  • Multiplying that dose count by your injection volume gives the volume of BAC water to add.

My injection volume falls somewhere between 0.10 and 0.40 ml, chosen according to the peptide and the dose.

I’ve covered in other posts why calculating concentration isn’t necessary in my view.

The labels on my pens/vials show:

Tirzepatide

30 mg / 2.4ml

5mg 0.40ml/week

plus the reconstitution date.
 
My Tirz reconstitution concentrations are a bit different from what others do. Since I'm accustomed to brand name Mounjaro kwikpens, I match my base concentrations to those. Pens and cartridges are what I use. That said, as an analytical chemist, dilutions and concentration calculations are something I've done a great deal.

Working backwards from your target weekly dose and your vial mass is possible when each pen holds 4 doses and every FULL dose equals 0.6 ml. Take 10mg per week from a 40mg vial: 2.4ml of bac is required. A full dose is then obtained using the 60 clicks. Should you prefer less bac and a smaller injection volume, recalculate accordingly.

A concentration calling for 20-30 ‘clicks’ or units is what I typically target. Also, with a cart filled with water, I routinely verify my pens' accuracy.

That said, this is just me. Calculations based on nice numbers like 10mg/ml etc. are what most people do. Just be clear on how mg you want to dose, how many mg are nominally in your vial and what ml of liquid do want to inject. And here is where your labelling obsession will begin… 😎
 
eidos said:

Using the numbers from your example:

  • With a 30 mg vial, you get 6 doses at 5 mg each.
  • For Tirz, the injection volume I find ideal is 0.40 ml (equal to 40 units on small syringes or pens).
  • Therefore, 6 × 0.40 ml = 2.4 ml of BAC water to add.

To put it simply:

  • Dividing the vial’s total amount by the dose you want tells you how many doses are available.
  • Multiplying that dose count by your injection volume gives the volume of BAC water to add.

My injection volume falls somewhere between 0.10 and 0.40 ml, chosen according to the peptide and the dose.

I’ve covered in other posts why calculating concentration isn’t necessary in my view.

The labels on my pens/vials show:

Tirzepatide

30 mg / 2.4ml

5mg 0.40ml/week

plus the reconstitution date.
That's the approach I prefer.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
That's precisely the route I took. I signed up for a 3 month plan through a telehealth provider, and alongside that I picked up a recently released book about glp-1s written by a fitness and nutrition expert I've been following for more than 20 years. My goal was to learn everything I possibly could about these drugs. While doing that, I also began reading up on and studying gray, so that by the time my compounded meds ran out, I'd be ready to make the switch.
 
Angelique said:

randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
That's precisely the route I took. I signed up for a 3 month plan through a telehealth provider, and alongside that I picked up a recently released book about glp-1s written by a fitness and nutrition expert I've been following for more than 20 years. My goal was to learn everything I possibly could about these drugs. While doing that, I also began reading up on and studying gray, so that by the time my compounded meds ran out, I'd be ready to make the switch.
GLP-1 is something I've taken for more than a year now. So this isn't unfamiliar territory for me.
 
jmk909er said:

Angelique said:

randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
That's precisely the route I took. I signed up for a 3 month plan through a telehealth provider, and alongside that I picked up a recently released book about glp-1s written by a fitness and nutrition expert I've been following for more than 20 years. My goal was to learn everything I possibly could about these drugs. While doing that, I also began reading up on and studying gray, so that by the time my compounded meds ran out, I'd be ready to make the switch.
GLP-1 is something I've taken for more than a year now. So this isn't unfamiliar territory for me.

It's good that you're reading up and picking things up here.

Spending 1 yr on telehealth/script is nowhere near the same as 1 yr in gray.

What you asked at first was a very basic recon question — no need to hesitate about asking things, and no need to feel like you're back at square one.

One of my favorite quotes comes from a silly movie..





f060d52bad9cf517c46c5a46a9e386eacd3bcbe6e0c9f3778f557c86bd8b56c6.webp
 
Skidude said:

jmk909er said:

Angelique said:

randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
That's precisely the route I took. I signed up for a 3 month plan through a telehealth provider, and alongside that I picked up a recently released book about glp-1s written by a fitness and nutrition expert I've been following for more than 20 years. My goal was to learn everything I possibly could about these drugs. While doing that, I also began reading up on and studying gray, so that by the time my compounded meds ran out, I'd be ready to make the switch.
GLP-1 is something I've taken for more than a year now. So this isn't unfamiliar territory for me.

It's good that you're reading up and picking things up here.

Spending 1 yr on telehealth/script is nowhere near the same as 1 yr in gray.

What you asked at first was a very basic recon question — no need to hesitate about asking things, and no need to feel like you're back at square one.

One of my favorite quotes comes from a silly movie..





View attachment 8718
Honestly, I believe that when someone actively seeks out information, reads up on it, and studies it, they end up retaining more than if they treated the forum like a chatbot.

For the OP: experiment with the search bar and try different terms like reconstitution, reconstitute, calculator, filter.

Try toggling the little "Search titles only" checkbox on and off to see how results change.

That pulls up loads of interesting threads and hundreds of replies. It's learning rather than requesting spoon-feeding.
 
jmk909er said:

Angelique said:

randompersonrandom said:

Also, I took a quick look at your introduction post, and from what I can tell, I think it would be worth your while to look into compounded as a stepping stone. It doesn't look like you're prepared for "all this" yet, and getting to that point takes a while. If roughly $133 per month fits your budget, you might want to look into Brello, which runs $500 for three months. A lot of people here got their start that way, and it will stop you from buying junk from some guy on Facebook and give you reasonable certainty with good meds while you take the time you need to learn about grey.
That's precisely the route I took. I signed up for a 3 month plan through a telehealth provider, and alongside that I picked up a recently released book about glp-1s written by a fitness and nutrition expert I've been following for more than 20 years. My goal was to learn everything I possibly could about these drugs. While doing that, I also began reading up on and studying gray, so that by the time my compounded meds ran out, I'd be ready to make the switch.
GLP-1 is something I've taken for more than a year now. So this isn't unfamiliar territory for me.
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that you were! I was simply sharing my own experience with it 🙂
 
Back
Top