Dose Compared to Estimated Level

cloratheshadow

Explorer
Joined
Mar 22, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
California
How do you space out your doses, and what does your typical high and low estimated level come out to? I'm simply wondering how that appears, since right now I'm moving up from 5 to 7.5 and beyond!
 
Grogu said:

Hmm. That question, I don't follow.
My phone changed dosing into food, ha.

What schedule and amount are you on (say, every 5 days at 7.5mg), and how do your high and low points show up in something like Shotsy (say, 5.5-10)?
 
Tirz is being taken at 2.5mg on a 7-day cycle. That's been running for 5 weeks now, so steady state should have been reached, and Shotsy shows the same thing. The range goes from a low of 1.7 up to a high of 3.5.

Tirz's half-life is 5 days, I'm aware of that, but since Reta is stacked on top, it bridges the gap for me.

Tirz 2.5mg on Friday

Reta 1mg on Monday

That combination has worked nicely so far: it gets me past the weekend, which is when overeating was most likely for me, and keeps things even during the week through the overlap of the 2 peak/valley curves.





696477077a407f5f0553acead992c2ea85a47a1a0bb948ebe904cffe51385f7b.webp
 
cloratheshadow said:

Grogu said:

Hmm. That question, I don't follow.
I only now noticed that there were multiple typos in that post. Lesson learned: no posting when I’m in a hurry to get to work.
I figured you were either intoxicated or your blood sugar had spiked😂

8mg on Monday night, then again Friday morning. The numbers vary based on which PK model is used, though Shotsy puts me around 15mg/20mg. That's roughly a half mg either way, quite easily.
 
cloratheshadow said:

Grogu said:

Hmm. That question, I don't follow.
My phone changed dosing into food, ha.

What schedule and amount are you on (say, every 5 days at 7.5mg), and how do your high and low points show up in something like Shotsy (say, 5.5-10)?

I assumed it had to do with peak levels, and I wasn't clear on the food part either 😂.

Even though I enjoy seeing the nice peaks and valleys of medication levels in apps such as Shotsy, I stick with plain, standard tirzepatide dosing and inject 1 time per week. I've combined it with sema and currently cagri, and I don't monitor those either. At this point my weekly tirzepatide dose is 18mg.
 
What you see on glp plotter or similar apps — the ups and downs — is mainly there to give you a rough picture of how drug levels move with time. From that you can notice the peak tends to land around 24h after a shot, and that when doses are repeated the valleys and peaks climb over roughly 4 weeks. The genuinely useful part is matching those patterns against side effects. You are able to enter various doses and schedules and watch how the levels shift, which helps once you already know which side effects show up at which levels. Half lives for GLP drugs differ a lot from nearly every other drug, so a graph makes it easier to grasp what is happening.

Still, feel is the main guide, and that is what counts. Side effects showing up means you should lower the dose, or in some cases split it instead; hunger showing up means you should raise it. Individual variation in both side effects and how people respond to these drugs is so large that your own actual effects end up being the thing that matters. Graphs are only an abstraction, a general estimate rather than actual levels, though they can help you figure out doses or timing if you plan to dose more often than once a week.
 
lessthanhalf said:

What you see on glp plotter or similar apps — the ups and downs — is mainly there to give you a rough picture of how drug levels move with time. From that you can notice the peak tends to land around 24h after a shot, and that when doses are repeated the valleys and peaks climb over roughly 4 weeks. The genuinely useful part is matching those patterns against side effects. You are able to enter various doses and schedules and watch how the levels shift, which helps once you already know which side effects show up at which levels. Half lives for GLP drugs differ a lot from nearly every other drug, so a graph makes it easier to grasp what is happening.

Still, feel is the main guide, and that is what counts. Side effects showing up means you should lower the dose, or in some cases split it instead; hunger showing up means you should raise it. Individual variation in both side effects and how people respond to these drugs is so large that your own actual effects end up being the thing that matters. Graphs are only an abstraction, a general estimate rather than actual levels, though they can help you figure out doses or timing if you plan to dose more often than once a week.

Because tirzepatide has caused me almost no adverse effects, and my appetite reduction has stayed fairly steady, I haven't really needed to chart concentrations or try alternative dosing patterns. Still, I can see how those charts would be useful to others who are trying to keep symptoms and hunger signals under control.
 
(Reta) 7mg taken 2x per week is green, 12mg taken 1x per week is purple, and 8mg taken 2x per week is blue.

These plots aren’t magical—their quality depends entirely on the math and assumptions they model. Among the variables that must be assumed are Tmax, bioavailability, half life, and clearance rates. GLP Plotter doesn’t match Shotsy values which is fine.
 
Back
Top