Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My main reasons for using it are to confirm I reach my daily protein target and to keep my calories below the limit for the day. Having those numbers available lets me verify that I’m meeting specific goals.Atlanatpr said:
I find it genuinely useful for preventing overly rapid weight loss — it monitors your progress and adjusts your calorie and protein targets every week according to the rate at which you're dropping pounds.
My main reason for using it is to hit my protein target and prevent my weight loss from moving too quickly. I want to steer clear of loose skin and preserve my muscle.RJ760 said:
My main reasons for using it are to confirm I reach my daily protein target and to keep my calories below the limit for the day. Having those numbers available lets me verify that I’m meeting specific goals.Atlanatpr said:
I find it genuinely useful for preventing overly rapid weight loss — it monitors your progress and adjusts your calorie and protein targets every week according to the rate at which you're dropping pounds.
What I appreciate about MacroFactor is that it changes and tweaks your calorie intake according to how much weight you're losing and similar factors, unlike something like an Apple Watch that isn't accurate5byfive said:
I'm a firm believer in tracking and have logged every day for years, yet Macrofactor was something I couldn't stand. MyFitnessPal was my go-to for ages until it became really buggy. From there I gave Macrofactor a shot, but compared to MyFitnessPal the logging felt like a real PIA. After trying pretty much all of them, LostIt! is what I settled on. Of every option I tried, its logging is the easiest, and I even prefer it to MyFitnessPal. On top of that it's free, and the upgrade—which isn't that big a deal—is cheap too.
The way it tweaks things on my behalf is something I appreciate—it keeps everything straightforward.applesaucee19 said:
MacroFactor wins the prize for biggest scam app. myfitnesspal tracking calories and protein gets you there. Paying monthly so it can tweak calories when the scale sticks? Skip it
The only thing it does is log your weight over 7 days, take the average weigh-in... repeats that for 2 weeks, and when no weight comes off, it nudges calories a bit based on that 2-week average weigh-in..... in essence, it works as a dynamic TDEE calculatorAtlanatpr said:
The way it tweaks things on my behalf is something I appreciate—it keeps everything straightforward.applesaucee19 said:
MacroFactor wins the prize for biggest scam app. myfitnesspal tracking calories and protein gets you there. Paying monthly so it can tweak calories when the scale sticks? Skip it