Does anyone else here rely on MacroFactor to keep their weight loss from moving too quickly?

Atlanatpr

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
I find it genuinely useful for preventing overly rapid weight loss — it monitors your progress and adjusts your calorie and protein targets every week according to the rate at which you're dropping pounds.
 
Atlanatpr said:

I find it genuinely useful for preventing overly rapid weight loss — it monitors your progress and adjusts your calorie and protein targets every week according to the rate at which you're dropping pounds.
My main reasons for using it are to confirm I reach my daily protein target and to keep my calories below the limit for the day. Having those numbers available lets me verify that I’m meeting specific goals.
 
RJ760 said:

Atlanatpr said:

I find it genuinely useful for preventing overly rapid weight loss — it monitors your progress and adjusts your calorie and protein targets every week according to the rate at which you're dropping pounds.
My main reasons for using it are to confirm I reach my daily protein target and to keep my calories below the limit for the day. Having those numbers available lets me verify that I’m meeting specific goals.
My main reason for using it is to hit my protein target and prevent my weight loss from moving too quickly. I want to steer clear of loose skin and preserve my muscle.
 
I'm a firm believer in tracking and have logged every day for years, yet Macrofactor was something I couldn't stand. MyFitnessPal was my go-to for ages until it became really buggy. From there I gave Macrofactor a shot, but compared to MyFitnessPal the logging felt like a real PIA. After trying pretty much all of them, LostIt! is what I settled on. Of every option I tried, its logging is the easiest, and I even prefer it to MyFitnessPal. On top of that it's free, and the upgrade—which isn't that big a deal—is cheap too.
 
5byfive said:

I'm a firm believer in tracking and have logged every day for years, yet Macrofactor was something I couldn't stand. MyFitnessPal was my go-to for ages until it became really buggy. From there I gave Macrofactor a shot, but compared to MyFitnessPal the logging felt like a real PIA. After trying pretty much all of them, LostIt! is what I settled on. Of every option I tried, its logging is the easiest, and I even prefer it to MyFitnessPal. On top of that it's free, and the upgrade—which isn't that big a deal—is cheap too.
What I appreciate about MacroFactor is that it changes and tweaks your calorie intake according to how much weight you're losing and similar factors, unlike something like an Apple Watch that isn't accurate
 
MacroFactor wins the prize for biggest scam app. myfitnesspal tracking calories and protein gets you there. Paying monthly so it can tweak calories when the scale sticks? Skip it
 
applesaucee19 said:

MacroFactor wins the prize for biggest scam app. myfitnesspal tracking calories and protein gets you there. Paying monthly so it can tweak calories when the scale sticks? Skip it
The way it tweaks things on my behalf is something I appreciate—it keeps everything straightforward.
 
Atlanatpr said:

applesaucee19 said:

MacroFactor wins the prize for biggest scam app. myfitnesspal tracking calories and protein gets you there. Paying monthly so it can tweak calories when the scale sticks? Skip it
The way it tweaks things on my behalf is something I appreciate—it keeps everything straightforward.
The only thing it does is log your weight over 7 days, take the average weigh-in... repeats that for 2 weeks, and when no weight comes off, it nudges calories a bit based on that 2-week average weigh-in..... in essence, it works as a dynamic TDEE calculator

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4mhvpn/adaptive_tdee_tracking_spreadsheet_v3_rescue/
 
No, the value is not there for me, and paying for a thing like that is hard to justify.
 
I'm a fan. Compared to MFP, its food scanner and database are far superior (plus MFP premium, around €65,-, is required for their scanner feature).

I went with the bundle that includes their Workout app, costing €74,99 annually, which I think is a solid value.
 
Back
Top