blueandazure
Explorer
When I say priming your syringes, I'm talking about drawing up more than your intended dose and then ejecting the extra, which means a small amount of the liquid gets wasted.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That’s my approach too. Leave the needle in the vial while clearing bubbles. In films, this is done for 1-dramatic effect and 2-to suggest a careless ‘scientist.’Bigwally1 said:
I draw up the right amount, compensate for any air, then tap the syringe so the bubbles rise out.
I do that too, but the needle stays in the vial while I'm doing it. Drawing extra and then pushing down to the dose I want is way simpler for me than trying to hit it exactly on the draw.blueandazure said:
When I say priming your syringes, I'm talking about drawing up more than your intended dose and then ejecting the extra, which means a small amount of the liquid gets wasted.
A single unit.BNLFL said:
I draw slightly extra, around 1mg, flick out the bubbles, then adjust back down to the right dose.
Is an embolism even possible when you inject subcutaneously?DunningKruger said:
Even though I still flick the syringe out of habit, these days I don't worry about a few air bubbles, since I found out that air embolisms are uncommon.
NoCNCCurrency said:
Is an embolism even possible when you inject subcutaneously?DunningKruger said:
Even though I still flick the syringe out of habit, these days I don't worry about a few air bubbles, since I found out that air embolisms are uncommon.