jmk909er
Explorer
Can Lyophilized peptides spoil or expire? Occasionally delivery takes a long time, and since you don't want to be left without any, is it acceptable to build up a stockpile of peptides, or will their potency diminish with time?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Is a freezer necessary, or would refrigeration alone suffice?Estarossa19 said:
Based on the tests I've come across (Tirz & Reta), degradation in a freezer is very minimal across a 1-year period.
Most of my stock isn't going to be touched for quite a while, so it stays in the freezer. By quite a while, I mean at least 3 years down the road. Whatever I'm actively using, I keep in the fridge.jmk909er said:
Is a freezer necessary, or would refrigeration alone suffice?Estarossa19 said:
Based on the tests I've come across (Tirz & Reta), degradation in a freezer is very minimal across a 1-year period.
To keep degradation to a minimum, the location ought to be both dark and freezing.colg8r said:
I keep seeing guidance that recommends a “cool dark place” rather than freezing. Is there any sign of why this advice appears to be shifting? And is there any data about how long these hold up when kept in a cool dark place?
Mine go into the freezer, and I'll keep using them until they're gone. Janoshik says decades. That works for me.jmk909er said:
Is a freezer necessary, or would refrigeration alone suffice?Estarossa19 said:
Based on the tests I've come across (Tirz & Reta), degradation in a freezer is very minimal across a 1-year period.
He also mentions that lyophilized peptides which are made and dissolved correctly can remain good for years when kept in the fridge, and "in the freezer, maybe decades."petitions said:
Peter "Janoshik" Magic mentions keeping HGH in his garage for 10 years, and it didn't show obvious breakdown. "...you could tell it had been slightly degraded, but it would still work. A person won't know if they're getting 11 international units and 10.5." (That was at room temperature, so it wasn't stored properly during that time.)
Since he deals with a large amount of peptides, even without long-term studies it's evident they can remain viable for a considerable period, particularly when stored with the right precautions.
Happy stockpiling!
Straight from the source, here's the explanation:petitions said:
Peter "Janoshik" Magic mentions keeping HGH in his garage for 10 years, and it didn't show obvious breakdown. "...you could tell it had been slightly degraded, but it would still work. A person won't know if they're getting 11 international units and 10.5." (That was at room temperature, so it wasn't stored properly during that time.)
Since he deals with a large amount of peptides, even without long-term studies it's evident they can remain viable for a considerable period, particularly when stored with the right precautions.
Happy stockpiling!
no — after all the BAC is in, do you roll it gently between your hands?jmk909er said:
I've got several 5mg trz vials. After mixing, I give it a minute, swirl it around, but once I've pulled everything into the syringe, there's still white stuff left at the bottom of the vial. Is that how it's supposed to be?
I don't mean to argue — I just want to learn more. This same question has been on my mind, so I ran a number of tests. Whether every last bit of moisture can be eliminated is something I doubt. Since I own a freeze dryer, I can say that the lowest moisture level I have ever achieved is roughly 4%. Because of that, my thinking is that a freeze-thaw cycle would lead to a tiny bit of degradation.Just A Cat said:
Keep in mind that we're dealing with a dry powder here. Lowering the storage temperature is possible, yet a dry powder won't truly freeze at all. Also consider that reducing temperature significantly cuts down molecular kinetic energy. And remember, light itself carries energy too. Photolytic Cleavage and Photo-Oxidation are real things.
tldr: Cool and Dark.![]()
When I reconstitute, I figure I should give it more time. After asking AI, the recommendation I got was to hold off for 10-15 minutes. I'll give that a shot.professorpeppy said:
no — after all the BAC is in, do you roll it gently between your hands?jmk909er said:
I've got several 5mg trz vials. After mixing, I give it a minute, swirl it around, but once I've pulled everything into the syringe, there's still white stuff left at the bottom of the vial. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Give it more time. I've got a product from a particular supplier—not a vendor—that needs to sit overnight before it's 100% dissolved. I prepare my Reta a week ahead of when I'll use it.jmk909er said:
I've got several 5mg trz vials. After mixing, I give it a minute, swirl it around, but once I've pulled everything into the syringe, there's still white stuff left at the bottom of the vial. Is that how it's supposed to be?
I doubt it. My large case has been taken out of the freezer many times to put in product, label things, or whatever, and when I return it I can spot some moisture on the vials and on the case lid. I wipe the lid down, but I don't wipe the vials. There are plenty of desiccant packs inside.Shittersfull said:
I don't mean to argue — I just want to learn more. This same question has been on my mind, so I ran a number of tests. Whether every last bit of moisture can be eliminated is something I doubt. Since I own a freeze dryer, I can say that the lowest moisture level I have ever achieved is roughly 4%. Because of that, my thinking is that a freeze-thaw cycle would lead to a tiny bit of degradation.Just A Cat said:
Keep in mind that we're dealing with a dry powder here. Lowering the storage temperature is possible, yet a dry powder won't truly freeze at all. Also consider that reducing temperature significantly cuts down molecular kinetic energy. And remember, light itself carries energy too. Photolytic Cleavage and Photo-Oxidation are real things.
tldr: Cool and Dark.![]()
That's a fair point to raise. In my view, the aim should be to cut down on freeze/thaw cycling as much as possible — so if you do decide to freeze, aim to hold the temperature steady — because there's no way to tell if the manufacturer ran the freeze drier long enough to reach a very low moisture content.Shittersfull said:
I don't mean to argue — I just want to learn more. This same question has been on my mind, so I ran a number of tests. Whether every last bit of moisture can be eliminated is something I doubt. Since I own a freeze dryer, I can say that the lowest moisture level I have ever achieved is roughly 4%. Because of that, my thinking is that a freeze-thaw cycle would lead to a tiny bit of degradation.Just A Cat said:
Keep in mind that we're dealing with a dry powder here. Lowering the storage temperature is possible, yet a dry powder won't truly freeze at all. Also consider that reducing temperature significantly cuts down molecular kinetic energy. And remember, light itself carries energy too. Photolytic Cleavage and Photo-Oxidation are real things.
tldr: Cool and Dark.![]()