Do GLP1 medications actually reduce our grocery spending?

There was a time when Mounjaro basically took the place of what I spent on groceries. These days, though, it's the various peptide kits plus all the research gear you need that fill that role.
 
Junk food intake has fallen by 80%. Once GLP1s become the norm, they're going to wipe out the alcohol and nicotine industries.
 
In my case, my intake has dropped significantly, yet I've shifted to better-quality foods. Those items usually run pricier, so the savings and the extra cost cancel out.
 
Core groceries: a bit lower, though I'm picking up better-quality items, so it evens out. Zero dollars now go toward those ridiculous shakes, powders, bars, and similar products. My clothing budget has climbed a lot over the past 2 years — I went from 3xl all the way down to medium. Major cuts in spending on alcohol, ice cream, water ice, and other empty-calorie purchases.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Junk food intake has fallen by 80%. Once GLP1s become the norm, they're going to wipe out the alcohol and nicotine industries.
My smoking hasn't gone down at all since I began tirz. As for alcohol, I don't touch it, so I can't say whether it would change.
 
flipperdosan said:

gimmeshelter said:

Junk food intake has fallen by 80%. Once GLP1s become the norm, they're going to wipe out the alcohol and nicotine industries.
My smoking hasn't gone down at all since I began tirz. As for alcohol, I don't touch it, so I can't say whether it would change.
In my opinion, sema works better when it comes to addiction.
 
I've been pocketing a ton by skipping wine and other booze! There's an app I use that tracks it, and a little over a year in, the total has passed 7K. That said, I go through a lot of Hiyo, which I estimate runs around 2500. These days I only manage a small share of what a normal entree would be.. whenever I eat out, the rest becomes tomorrow's meal. and that's just 1x per week. Lately I've also picked up pricey protein powder, plus supplements to go with it, so that's another expense. On top of that, I've replaced my whole wardrobe because NOTHING FITS ANYMORE!!

and honestly? That part is a blast! I'm in jeans now! woo hoo!

Oh, and I got a red car that's sort of sporty and an EV, so I'm saving even more!

Life Is Good !! 😁 💗💗😁👏👏
 
My grocery bill gets destroyed by my teenage boys. It doesn't matter that I eat less. They eat enough for both of us 🤣 One thing is certain: all of us eat much healthier now
 
GLP1Pharmacist said:

flipperdosan said:

gimmeshelter said:

Junk food intake has fallen by 80%. Once GLP1s become the norm, they're going to wipe out the alcohol and nicotine industries.
My smoking hasn't gone down at all since I began tirz. As for alcohol, I don't touch it, so I can't say whether it would change.
In my opinion, sema works better when it comes to addiction.
My first GLP1 was tirze, and after that I lost all interest in alcohol — it even began to taste unpleasant. Coffee is a different story: my habit hasn't budged, and if anything, drinking it now feels better than it did before.
 
Back
Top