UncrossSelector
Explorer
A hundred 10ml WFI ampoules run me $20.FartfulCodger said:
I share your doubt that the WW product would be sterile right when it comes out of the container. Still, I figure boiling and distilling it myself ought to wipe out microbes along with endotoxins.deluge said:
Your idea has a lot of appeal, and as a hobby I actually fire up a still a few times every year — but if I'm being honest, I'd rather roll the dice on a 1-gallon jug of distilled water from WallyWorld than put my faith in what I cook up in the kitchen.FartfulCodger said:
About sterile water: could you produce your own by boiling a pot of pure water with the lid flipped upside down to catch condensation? My guess is that what you collect would be sterile distilled water, and that it would be suitable for injection. One issue I've heard about is that pH may differ based on the point during cooling when you close up the distilled water.
For using it right away, I'd figure that's fine. However, if the plan is to mix it with a peptide that needs to stay good for a month, then you'd want 1 part BA per 100 parts water. The 99.995% pure USP grade BA from Revolve Chem ought to do the job without any problem, as far as I can tell.
Sure, grabbing Hospira is simpler, but sourcing it seems hard for some folks, and for those of us who can get it, I'm not convinced the supply will always be there.
Would this actually work? Anyone with more knowledge than me want to chime in?
That's not me saying WW distilled is something to inject. My own route is Hospira through InjectionShop: once the order reaches $50, shipping costs nothing. Alternatively, following what Peter Magic suggests in that YT video, I've simply gone with Sterile for Injection. Either way, there are choices.
Water labeled sterile for injections works fine, yet after you put it into a vial that has been punctured, there's no BA left to stop microbes from multiplying across the weeks ahead.
Either way, I doubt I'll go down this road--it's just a fun thing to talk about.
Drop it into a vial, then put in the right amount of BAC. Cheap, simple, no risk, no hassle.