Dividing a big vial into smaller portions?

riposte

Explorer
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
BOS/SRQ
Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
 
Maybe I'm totally clueless here, but keeping things sterile through that process strikes me as really hard. You'd also be fighting static, dampness, and getting the amounts right. Setting up a proper workspace would likely run you more than simply buying good gray reta from a trusted seller on this forum... I recently picked up 20 r15 vials, shipped, for less than 200
 
Yes, plenty of folks prepare aliquots, yet no scale is needed for that process.
 
riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
 
CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
 
BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
Splitting the powder itself isn't possible. The only option is to aliquot from a vial after it has been reconstituted.
 
GalloB73 said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
Splitting the powder itself isn't possible. The only option is to aliquot from a vial after it has been reconstituted.
I needed to check what aliquot means.
 
CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
I'm not able to talk about where things come from at this point lol. Still, I believe it's a well-known spot…

GalloB73 said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
Splitting the powder itself isn't possible. The only option is to aliquot from a vial after it has been reconstituted.
What stops someone from dividing the powder itself? My plan is this: leave the bigger sample in the freezer, take it out, measure out a lesser amount and move it into another vial. Then the original vial gets its cap back on, air is pulled out with a syringe, and it goes back into the freezer.

A glovebox isn't something I have. What I'm aiming for is to open a sterile vial, put in powder, add bac, and put the cap back on.
 
soapysnake said:

Maybe I'm totally clueless here, but keeping things sterile through that process strikes me as really hard. You'd also be fighting static, dampness, and getting the amounts right. Setting up a proper workspace would likely run you more than simply buying good gray reta from a trusted seller on this forum... I recently picked up 20 r15 vials, shipped, for less than 200
I’m attempting to steer clear of crypto, so even if you’re likely correct…
 
BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
if you happen to remember, please share — I'm just curious
 
CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
if you happen to remember, please share — I'm just curious
No cost to you, here it is. lol



ee67b985ce006941d2918cc46469320709964a280fb7b8696918dea866d801be.jpg




Peptide Test



Peptide Test provides peptide testing and lab supplies that are quick, dependable, and precise. Testing takes place in Michigan, carried out by scientists at our partner lab, who specialize in commercial quality control testing for FDA regulated pharmaceuticals.

7e360427e1ec58339fe8b3d590be13b0bc15762c8c395f213e9a78b85f827be2.jpg



peptidetest.com
 
BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
if you happen to remember, please share — I'm just curious
No cost to you, here it is. lol



View attachment 11300



Peptide Test



Peptide Test provides peptide testing and lab supplies that are quick, dependable, and precise. Testing takes place in Michigan, carried out by scientists at our partner lab, who specialize in commercial quality control testing for FDA regulated pharmaceuticals.

View attachment 11301


peptidetest.com
That wasn't what he asked. He mentioned a 100 mg reta vial, not a blank vial. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding? Thanks regardless
 

Attachments

  • ee67b985ce006941d2918cc46469320709964a280fb7b8696918dea866d801be.jpg
    ee67b985ce006941d2918cc46469320709964a280fb7b8696918dea866d801be.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 7e360427e1ec58339fe8b3d590be13b0bc15762c8c395f213e9a78b85f827be2.jpg
    7e360427e1ec58339fe8b3d590be13b0bc15762c8c395f213e9a78b85f827be2.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 7
CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
if you happen to remember, please share — I'm just curious
No cost to you, here it is. lol



View attachment 11300



Peptide Test



Peptide Test provides peptide testing and lab supplies that are quick, dependable, and precise. Testing takes place in Michigan, carried out by scientists at our partner lab, who specialize in commercial quality control testing for FDA regulated pharmaceuticals.

View attachment 11301


peptidetest.com
That wasn't what he asked. He mentioned a 100 mg reta vial, not a blank vial. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding? Thanks regardless
Nope, the mistake is likely mine. Without my glasses I really shouldn't be reading or posting — and they're literally right beside my laptop. I was 100% wrong, my apologies.
 
BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
if you happen to remember, please share — I'm just curious
No cost to you, here it is. lol



View attachment 11300



Peptide Test



Peptide Test provides peptide testing and lab supplies that are quick, dependable, and precise. Testing takes place in Michigan, carried out by scientists at our partner lab, who specialize in commercial quality control testing for FDA regulated pharmaceuticals.

View attachment 11301


peptidetest.com
That wasn't what he asked. He mentioned a 100 mg reta vial, not a blank vial. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding? Thanks regardless
Nope, the mistake is likely mine. Without my glasses I really shouldn't be reading or posting — and they're literally right beside my laptop. I was 100% wrong, my apologies.
It's all good
 
riposte said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
I'm not able to talk about where things come from at this point lol. Still, I believe it's a well-known spot…

GalloB73 said:

BNLFL said:

CNCCurrency said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
I haven't come across any vendor selling a vial above 60 mg. Where did you come across 100mg reta?
While I was searching for Hospira yesterday, I came across some 100's somewhere, but the exact place slips my mind. Splitting that quantity of powder with any precision is something I would not want to attempt.
Splitting the powder itself isn't possible. The only option is to aliquot from a vial after it has been reconstituted.
What stops someone from dividing the powder itself? My plan is this: leave the bigger sample in the freezer, take it out, measure out a lesser amount and move it into another vial. Then the original vial gets its cap back on, air is pulled out with a syringe, and it goes back into the freezer.

A glovebox isn't something I have. What I'm aiming for is to open a sterile vial, put in powder, add bac, and put the cap back on.
My understanding is that the molecules bind to the fillers visible in the vial, and they might not be spread evenly throughout the powder. Therefore, you should reconstitute it first and then divide it.
 
riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
That approach is something I'd warn you off of in the strongest terms. Multiple serious issues come with it.

To start, peptide vials aren't pure peptide — they also hold excipients or filler. So a 100mg Tirz vial actually means 100mg of tirzepatide alongside filler in an amount nobody knows. Unless you have lab-verified testing, there's no way to determine what fraction of the powder is tirzepatide versus filler. That means measuring out “10 mg portions” won't deliver 10 mg of tirzepatide — you'd simply be weighing 10 mg of the blended powder.

Next, milligram scales sold to consumers lack the accuracy this kind of precision demands. Static electricity, moisture in the air, drafts, and powder lost during transfer all throw off readings. The result could easily be doses that vary from one to the next.

Third — and this matters most — is sterility. Moving peptide powder into fresh vials calls for sterile pharmaceutical procedures. Real labs do it inside controlled settings using laminar flow hoods and proven sterile methods. Attempting it at home brings in contamination you'd never notice.

So three big unknowns would be in play:

You can't determine the actual peptide amount

You can't portion it with dependable accuracy

You can't practically keep it sterile

If this is even on your radar, better to first invest time learning about peptide formulation, excipients, and sterile technique. Injectables aren't something to figure out via a clever notion or by trial and error.
 
Jfrick11 said:

riposte said:

Has anyone ever picked up something like 1 reta vial at 100 mg, then turned it into a homemade 10 mg kit? From what I can see, Amazon sells vials along with milligram scales cheaply. Still, the “value add” part would presumably be keeping everything sterile.
That approach is something I'd warn you off of in the strongest terms. Multiple serious issues come with it.

To start, peptide vials aren't pure peptide — they also hold excipients or filler. So a 100mg Tirz vial actually means 100mg of tirzepatide alongside filler in an amount nobody knows. Unless you have lab-verified testing, there's no way to determine what fraction of the powder is tirzepatide versus filler. That means measuring out “10 mg portions” won't deliver 10 mg of tirzepatide — you'd simply be weighing 10 mg of the blended powder.

Next, milligram scales sold to consumers lack the accuracy this kind of precision demands. Static electricity, moisture in the air, drafts, and powder lost during transfer all throw off readings. The result could easily be doses that vary from one to the next.

Third — and this matters most — is sterility. Moving peptide powder into fresh vials calls for sterile pharmaceutical procedures. Real labs do it inside controlled settings using laminar flow hoods and proven sterile methods. Attempting it at home brings in contamination you'd never notice.

So three big unknowns would be in play:

You can't determine the actual peptide amount

You can't portion it with dependable accuracy

You can't practically keep it sterile

If this is even on your radar, better to first invest time learning about peptide formulation, excipients, and sterile technique. Injectables aren't something to figure out via a clever notion or by trial and error.
I had already been hesitant about the idea, and this settles the matter — it is nowhere near worth the effort. Seems like my next step is figuring out crypto…
 
What you're unaware of not knowing ought to be sufficient to keep you from pursuing this idea any further.
 
riposte said:

soapysnake said:

Maybe I'm totally clueless here, but keeping things sterile through that process strikes me as really hard. You'd also be fighting static, dampness, and getting the amounts right. Setting up a proper workspace would likely run you more than simply buying good gray reta from a trusted seller on this forum... I recently picked up 20 r15 vials, shipped, for less than 200
I’m attempting to steer clear of crypto, so even if you’re likely correct…
If your reason for avoiding crypto is simply personal preference, that's understandable. But if that's not the case, I'm glad to assist in any way I can. These days, getting Bitcoin is ridiculously simple. Coinbase is an extremely beginner-friendly option for that.
 
dirtyharry said:

riposte said:

soapysnake said:

Maybe I'm totally clueless here, but keeping things sterile through that process strikes me as really hard. You'd also be fighting static, dampness, and getting the amounts right. Setting up a proper workspace would likely run you more than simply buying good gray reta from a trusted seller on this forum... I recently picked up 20 r15 vials, shipped, for less than 200
I’m attempting to steer clear of crypto, so even if you’re likely correct…
If your reason for avoiding crypto is simply personal preference, that's understandable. But if that's not the case, I'm glad to assist in any way I can. These days, getting Bitcoin is ridiculously simple. Coinbase is an extremely beginner-friendly option for that.
Thanks for the offer, but I ought to just toughen up and work it out on my own. My brother pretty much trades in this kind of thing as a full-time pursuit, so I can go to him with questions.
 
Back
Top