Crystallized NAD+

SeaGypsy

Explorer
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

7a80bab2a955e9f98b2fb176e436cbffcdf5e4ae16a2fccd6a9b893f62ded948.webp
 
Estarossa19 said:

Yikes, that really ended up looking like sewage! Which supplier sent you this?
Actually, this came from a US-based reseller—one I overpaid heavily for prior to figuring out how to buy from overseas.

Edit - out of all the peps I purchased from that source, this was the only one that behaved this way. Everything else performed great.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 11732
Did the NAD come buffered, or was it unbuffered? When it's unbuffered, a little sodium bicarbonate has to be mixed in so the pH rises to roughly 5.5 -6, which stops the gel from forming.. I'm no specialist, but across my last 10 vials I've never once run into gel problems...
 
I get that sodium bicarbonate is just baking soda. Could you walk me through, step by step, how you raise the pH?

And once it's done, what method do you use to check the pH?
 
SeaGypsy said:

Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 11732
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.
 
Fostradamus said:

SeaGypsy said:

Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 11732
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely odd
 
SeaGypsy said:

Fostradamus said:

SeaGypsy said:

Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 11732
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely odd
Strange. For 500mg, 6ml should easily be sufficient—there shouldn’t be any oversaturation. Beyond that, I’m completely stumped 😂
 
Fostradamus said:

SeaGypsy said:

Fostradamus said:

SeaGypsy said:

Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 11732
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely odd
Strange. For 500mg, 6ml should easily be sufficient—there shouldn’t be any oversaturation. Beyond that, I’m completely stumped 😂
A 500 mg kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow from overseas. To determine whether the problem was limited to a single defective vial, I might reconstitute 1 vial in precisely the same manner.
 
Back
Top