SeaGypsy
Explorer
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with 
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Actually, this came from a US-based reseller—one I overpaid heavily for prior to figuring out how to buy from overseas.Estarossa19 said:
Yikes, that really ended up looking like sewage! Which supplier sent you this?
Mine are pens, so it's a 3ml cartridge. Yep, left it out roughly three hours. Nothing changed, so it went in the binUpDownLeftRightAS* said:
That vial looks really odd. Was it 1000mg? Have you tried bringing it up to room temperature?
Did the NAD come buffered, or was it unbuffered? When it's unbuffered, a little sodium bicarbonate has to be mixed in so the pH rises to roughly 5.5 -6, which stops the gel from forming.. I'm no specialist, but across my last 10 vials I've never once run into gel problems...SeaGypsy said:
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with
View attachment 11732
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.SeaGypsy said:
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with
View attachment 11732
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely oddFostradamus said:
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.SeaGypsy said:
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with
View attachment 11732
Strange. For 500mg, 6ml should easily be sufficient—there shouldn’t be any oversaturation. Beyond that, I’m completely stumpedSeaGypsy said:
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely oddFostradamus said:
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.SeaGypsy said:
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with
View attachment 11732
A 500 mg kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow from overseas. To determine whether the problem was limited to a single defective vial, I might reconstitute 1 vial in precisely the same manner.Fostradamus said:
Strange. For 500mg, 6ml should easily be sufficient—there shouldn’t be any oversaturation. Beyond that, I’m completely stumpedSeaGypsy said:
The vial contained 500mg, and across two 3ml cartridges I added 6ml of BAC in all. This happened in both cartridges. My process was: put 3ml bac into the vial, divide that evenly between the two cartridges, then introduce an additional 1.5 BAC into each cartridge. I was extremely diligent about keeping things sterile, so contamination doesn't seem like the culprit. It's just genuinely oddFostradamus said:
If crystals have formed, that may point to too high a concentration. For 1000mg of NAD+, 3ml of bac is insufficient. This happened to me as well, so these days I add a larger volume of bac. At minimum, 5ml of bac would likely be needed. To avoid any risk, I go with 6ml, since wasting vials is something I want to avoid.SeaGypsy said:
Has anyone seen NAD+ do this? I used Hospira BAC. I already threw it out, but I'm still wondering what made it happen. This is the first pep I've ever run into a problem with
View attachment 11732![]()