Could retatrutide be causing these side effects?

vale113

Explorer
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Location
Italia
For the past 2 days I’ve had diarrhea and been passing gas that smells of sulfur. I haven’t changed my dose in 2 months. Is retatrutide possibly the cause?
 
vale113 said:

For the past 2 days I’ve had diarrhea and been passing gas that smells of sulfur. I haven’t changed my dose in 2 months. Is retatrutide possibly the cause?
My guess is that Retatrutide altering your digestion is behind this. Then again, could you have eaten extra sulfur compounds lately? They show up in nearly all the tasty stuff—onions, coffee, eggs, cheese...
 
If your dose has stayed the same for a couple of months and this only started recently, I’d say Reta probably isn’t the cause. Sure, anything can happen, but typically side effects get better as time goes on rather than worse—though skin sensitivity problems might be an exception. My guess is that something viral or something you ate is more likely to blame.
 
That stopped happening for me a while back.

During the 48 hours following my shot, I keep my meals light. In practice, that's low carbs and low fat. Instead of salmon, I go with chicken. Yogurt too.

You'll have to work out which part of your usual food is triggering this, then adjust what you eat.
 
Could be, though it's strange that it only began recently. What's your dosage, what did you start at, how long have you been at the current dose, what were your beginning and current weights, and have you dropped any weight?
 
Let me lay out the whole story. I’m fairly sure something else was to blame, since I’ve had no side effects at all since beginning treatment, and it seems unlikely they’d show up out of nowhere after two months at a steady dose. My start was a bit more than three months back; for roughly two months now I’ve been on 4mg weekly. I’ve dropped about 14–15 kg, and the symptoms showed up a couple of days before my next dose was scheduled. I follow a consistent diet that a nutritionist monitors.
 
Grab a couple of beers along with some hot chicken wings. That should flush out whatever bad stuff is in there.
 
sheilarae74 said:

That was a serious problem for me until I began using a probiotic daily. These days, regardless of what I consume, I don't have any trouble.
Odd—nothing like this has hit me previously—still, I'll give it a shot regardless. Thanks.
 
vale113 said:

For the past 2 days I’ve had diarrhea and been passing gas that smells of sulfur. I haven’t changed my dose in 2 months. Is retatrutide possibly the cause?

I've come across information suggesting that vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower—cruciferous ones—might be behind the sulfur problem.

That's just something I've heard, not from my own experience.
 
Back
Top