LabRatts
Explorer
Ground beef is a big staple for us, though I also take bulk Sirloins, break them down into plenty of steaks, and leave a couple of smaller roasts to toss in a slow cooker.jungletech said:
Wow, that's awesome! When I go below 25g, I feel awful. Maybe I'll give it another shot.LabRatts said:
Carbs are completely absent from our diet, and we've never had a problem.BNLFL said:
After another thread brought up Reddit, I went to take a look. YIKES! Anyway, someone there described feeling light headed and fainting, and a few other people chimed in too. That made me start wondering, because over the past week I've had about 2 episodes of mild light headedness, nothing serious and it clears up fast. We've seriously reduced carbs around here, no pasta, bread, blah blah. I'm still drinking somewhere between 2-4 beers (carbs) daily. I was at the doctor's office on 2/11 for blood work. All results were spot on, BP 125/70 and HR of 70bpm. The only other thing that comes to mind is that I worked my ass off digging a footer for a 25' flagpole, then placed 6-60lb bags of concrete. Because it hasn't rained here in forever, the ground was hard as hell. It beat the shit out of me.
TL;DR Could Reta mean I'm not getting enough carbs?
Since 2021, my daily intake has been well under 5 carbs, or fewer than 25 grams weekly. Bloodwork comes back great, no problems at all — 59-year-old male, 6', 170#, 13.5% bf.
Ease is just a drawn-out way to die.![]()
Thanks to my hippie boyfriend, I'm now eating pasture raised chicken and bison, and regular meat just doesn't taste good to me anymore. Doing low carb with top-notch meat sounds delicious. Yum
Quick aside—our dog gets what has to be the most ridiculously good table scraps anywhere—