Copper peptide GHK — how long does the injection site reaction last?

Vuja

Explorer
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
zagreb
5 days of use is my entire experience so far.

The pain from the injection I had been warned about; what I had not expected was the discomfort lasting this long.

Saline is my solvent, as it is compatible.

Worst of the three: 2mg in 0.15ml

Milder: 2mg in 0.5ml (added 0.35 saline)

Milder again when 2mg in 0.5ml is split across two shots 5-6cm apart, though still unpleasant enough that I would not take it every day.

My other question concerns the side effects.

Copper uglies are old news to everyone, and so are the rest.

Has anyone ended up with permanent thickening where they inject?

Claims along those lines showed up on Vigorous Steve's yt channel. Where the peptide itself comes off very badly.

half-life sits at 0.5-1.7h

rounding that to 1h

With 150ng/dl circulating, daily natural production works out at 0.108mg

(90*24/1000 000 *50) a rough estimate, just to land near a plausible number.

Which puts the 2mg dose far above the physiological one, since it equates to 2,000,000 ng. Absorption speed decides the rest - circulating levels land anywhere from 15,000-30,000 ng/dl

Those are a few of my observations; what interests me primarily is your experiences with side effects.

KPV is said by some to cut injection pain. Why would that be?
 
Gluteus for me, yes. Love handles got a go as well, and those were the worst of the lot(just for test).

Icing the spot afterwards and massaging it made no difference.
 
Flash-BCR said:

Saline BAC, or just plain saline for the recon?...And what size vial, in mgs? 50mg...100mg?
Plain saline only. Bacteriostatic saline was an option, but I'd rather not take on much benzyl alcohol.

The vial holds 50mg in 3ml, and once it's pulled into the syringe I add more saline.

My Reta gets made up with bacteriostatic water and I have no allergy or reaction to that.

Even so, going by logic alone, plain saline ought to be the "gentler" pick.
 
2 weeks of pinning and the stinging faded out entirely for me. One random shot hurt like hell. Maybe you'll get lucky and have it settle down the way mine did.
 
A longer needle might help. Something like 1/2" perhaps — the irritant ends up farther from the skin. It works for some people. And longer needles are no more painful.
 
Plenty of other threads deserve an evening of your time, because the advice scattered through them is genuinely useful. Reactions vary from person to person, so whatever rescues one person may do nothing at all for the next.

For instance: /community-link/thread/17897/

And this one: /community-link/thread/11332/

Those are only two of many.

From my own side of things: count me among those who feel as though a dull butter knife has been shoved in and left there for a solid 24 hours. (A burn or a bee sting is how others describe it, and neither matches what I get.)

Dos-Dox said:


Honestly, even if it sucks for you, it’ll suck for 24 hours but it’s not horrible. Maybe a sleepless night and plenty of time to question your life choices. But you might want to just try a small pin without anything extra to see how you react to it. You may be one of the very blessed who doesn’t feel any burn or post-injection pain. (And don’t declare victory immediately. For me, the pain starts after a few hours.)

My recommendations in order for mitigating pain are:

1) First try the extra BAC method.

2) Add GHK-Basic. Anywhere from a 1:1 ratio or a 5:1 ratio (Cu:basic) will usually take care of the issue.

3) Add some epi/lido. The lido will only help with any immediate injection site burn or pain you get but the epi will help mitigate the histamine response that causes most of the issue.

I rotate using BPC, KPV, and TB4 anyway, but none were ever sufficient to mitigate the Cu problems. Some people swear by it. One thing I’ve learned through reading dozens of discussions about this is that everyone reacts differently. My recommendations above are listed in order of ease and cost effectiveness.

For me, #2 is the most effective and the only thing I do at this point. (No extra BAC. No more epi/lido anymore.) GHK-Basic can sometimes be hard to come by but it’s pretty readily available at the moment. And a little bit goes a long way.

Good luck!

Click to expand...
On top of that, and as somebody already pointed out, a longer needle can carry you beneath the MAST layer as well. Mine are 12mm. Not once have I ended up with a lump or a knot.
 
My own experience: shooting into the love handles left me with a huge welt that burned for ages, plus a mark that hung around a week or more. Down at the backside there is nothing — no burn, no ache, no welt, no mark, and my day carries on as normal! Perhaps those childhood belt-lashings from my old man left that spot permanently numb! 🤣
 
@Dos-Dox you have done everyone a real favour here. 🧡

One thing I would tack on: go generous with whichever recon fluid you pick. Thin it out more and the shot stings less.

A month of Cu alongside B was a breeze for me.

Right now I am a month into Cu with KPV, mostly to test the rumours first hand. The disappointing part is that KPV payoffs apparently need a couple or a few months to show (or so I have read). I will keep it up for 3 months and find out whether the gentle poke comes with anything else on top.
 
My first attempt was 2.5mg (15 units), straight into the abdomen. The welt was horrendous and the ache had me awake for half the night. After some reading I switched to 1/2" needles and moved to the glutes, which made a massive difference.

These days I blend 30mg KPV together with 100mg GHK-Cu in 3.3ml of Hospira. That puts 5 units at roughly 1.5mg GHK-Cu plus about 0.5mg KPV, assuming the usual KPV overfill. With GHK-Cu I believe the opposite tends to happen and you end up slightly underfilled. Now there is no ISR and no ache whatsoever — most likely the payoff of a smaller dose, a different injection site, a longer needle, the KPV, and simply getting used to it.
 
Vuja said:

5 days of use is my entire experience so far.

The pain from the injection I had been warned about; what I had not expected was the discomfort lasting this long.

Saline is my solvent, as it is compatible.

Worst of the three: 2mg in 0.15ml

Milder: 2mg in 0.5ml (added 0.35 saline)

Milder again when 2mg in 0.5ml is split across two shots 5-6cm apart, though still unpleasant enough that I would not take it every day.

My other question concerns the side effects.

Copper uglies are old news to everyone, and so are the rest.

Has anyone ended up with permanent thickening where they inject?

Claims along those lines showed up on Vigorous Steve's yt channel. Where the peptide itself comes off very badly.

half-life sits at 0.5-1.7h

rounding that to 1h

With 150ng/dl circulating, daily natural production works out at 0.108mg

(90*24/1000 000 *50) a rough estimate, just to land near a plausible number.

Which puts the 2mg dose far above the physiological one, since it equates to 2,000,000 ng. Absorption speed decides the rest - circulating levels land anywhere from 15,000-30,000 ng/dl

Those are a few of my observations; what interests me primarily is your experiences with side effects.

KPV is said by some to cut injection pain. Why would that be?
Well, that cracked me up completely

dbee27fe000aa06fa6058b72f7f41e37a2b7fcabc51f3f4e66d61fa8029c3598.gif
 
50mg of ghk-cu diluted in 10ml bac water, and 20 units (which works out to .5mg) goes into the thigh with a 30g 8mm needle. I'm 32m, using it alongside reta purely as insurance against loose skin, with maybe a little help for inflammation thrown in. Occasionally there is a small bruise, occasionally a faint sting. I suppose I am either fortunate or simply running it very dilute, because welts have not happened — the one exception being a blood vessel I hit in the glute, after which I moved to the top of the thigh.

Early on I would pull 5units of bac water into the syringe after drawing the ghkcu, on the theory that leaving it in the needle tip is what provokes the irritation. These days I often leave that step out, and I cannot tell the difference. It is day 40 now: no uglies, and my skin may be a touch shinier.
 
toadking said:

50mg of ghk-cu diluted in 10ml bac water, and 20 units (which works out to .5mg) goes into the thigh with a 30g 8mm needle. I'm 32m, using it alongside reta purely as insurance against loose skin, with maybe a little help for inflammation thrown in. Occasionally there is a small bruise, occasionally a faint sting. I suppose I am either fortunate or simply running it very dilute, because welts have not happened — the one exception being a blood vessel I hit in the glute, after which I moved to the top of the thigh.

Early on I would pull 5units of bac water into the syringe after drawing the ghkcu, on the theory that leaving it in the needle tip is what provokes the irritation. These days I often leave that step out, and I cannot tell the difference. It is day 40 now: no uglies, and my skin may be a touch shinier.
5mg per 1ml is what that works out to

so 20 units lands at 20%, or 1/5th, giving 1mg

looks to me like your math is off

FYI

if .5mg is the target

draw 1/10 of 5mg, so 10 units = .5mg
 
CNCCurrency said:

Vuja said:

5 days of use is my entire experience so far.

The pain from the injection I had been warned about; what I had not expected was the discomfort lasting this long.

Saline is my solvent, as it is compatible.

Worst of the three: 2mg in 0.15ml

Milder: 2mg in 0.5ml (added 0.35 saline)

Milder again when 2mg in 0.5ml is split across two shots 5-6cm apart, though still unpleasant enough that I would not take it every day.

My other question concerns the side effects.

Copper uglies are old news to everyone, and so are the rest.

Has anyone ended up with permanent thickening where they inject?

Claims along those lines showed up on Vigorous Steve's yt channel. Where the peptide itself comes off very badly.

half-life sits at 0.5-1.7h

rounding that to 1h

With 150ng/dl circulating, daily natural production works out at 0.108mg

(90*24/1000 000 *50) a rough estimate, just to land near a plausible number.

Which puts the 2mg dose far above the physiological one, since it equates to 2,000,000 ng. Absorption speed decides the rest - circulating levels land anywhere from 15,000-30,000 ng/dl

Those are a few of my observations; what interests me primarily is your experiences with side effects.

KPV is said by some to cut injection pain. Why would that be?
Well, that cracked me up completely

View attachment 160
Sorry, what are you getting at?
 

Attachments

  • dbee27fe000aa06fa6058b72f7f41e37a2b7fcabc51f3f4e66d61fa8029c3598.gif
    dbee27fe000aa06fa6058b72f7f41e37a2b7fcabc51f3f4e66d61fa8029c3598.gif
    324 KB · Views: 36
Dos-Dox said:

Plenty of other threads deserve an evening of your time, because the advice scattered through them is genuinely useful. Reactions vary from person to person, so whatever rescues one person may do nothing at all for the next.

For instance: /community-link/thread/17897/

And this one: /community-link/thread/11332/

Those are only two of many.

From my own side of things: count me among those who feel as though a dull butter knife has been shoved in and left there for a solid 24 hours. (A burn or a bee sting is how others describe it, and neither matches what I get.)

Dos-Dox said:


Honestly, even if it sucks for you, it’ll suck for 24 hours but it’s not horrible. Maybe a sleepless night and plenty of time to question your life choices. But you might want to just try a small pin without anything extra to see how you react to it. You may be one of the very blessed who doesn’t feel any burn or post-injection pain. (And don’t declare victory immediately. For me, the pain starts after a few hours.)

My recommendations in order for mitigating pain are:

1) First try the extra BAC method.

2) Add GHK-Basic. Anywhere from a 1:1 ratio or a 5:1 ratio (Cu:basic) will usually take care of the issue.

3) Add some epi/lido. The lido will only help with any immediate injection site burn or pain you get but the epi will help mitigate the histamine response that causes most of the issue.

I rotate using BPC, KPV, and TB4 anyway, but none were ever sufficient to mitigate the Cu problems. Some people swear by it. One thing I’ve learned through reading dozens of discussions about this is that everyone reacts differently. My recommendations above are listed in order of ease and cost effectiveness.

For me, #2 is the most effective and the only thing I do at this point. (No extra BAC. No more epi/lido anymore.) GHK-Basic can sometimes be hard to come by but it’s pretty readily available at the moment. And a little bit goes a long way.

Good luck!

Click to expand...
On top of that, and as somebody already pointed out, a longer needle can carry you beneath the MAST layer as well. Mine are 12mm. Not once have I ended up with a lump or a knot.
Best reply so far. My suspicion lands on mast cells as the culprit.

Allergic-type symptoms are something I get without question — my asthma comes and goes in waves.

The asthma/mast cell connection is something I have read up on, and the activation is real enough that I can feel it.

Next time I will aim a small volume at spots where the skin ought to be thinner.

A 29G needle ought to do the job.
 
Three days in so far. 50 mg mixed into 3ml bac water. The first two went into the upper abdomin, the third into my left outer thigh. My draw is 12 units, so a 2mg dose, and nothing stung or reacted at all — until this morning's thigh shot, which I woke up to find red, a bit sore, with some slight swelling or a small lump as well. After reading a few comments and older posts, the pattern seems to be that the abdominal area gives people trouble while the thigh behaves, so naturally I am the reverse. My abdomen does carry a lot more fat than my thighs, though. Maybe I clipped a blood vessel; with my test cyp shots that usually bruises and hurts right away, which did not happen here. Today I am going back to the abdomin and will see what tomorrow brings.
13d9be81212753e63d553d02963886f2713d8e80b8a55400cbb104946442a8a6.gif
 
Heavytruck said:

Three days in so far. 50 mg mixed into 3ml bac water. The first two went into the upper abdomin, the third into my left outer thigh. My draw is 12 units, so a 2mg dose, and nothing stung or reacted at all — until this morning's thigh shot, which I woke up to find red, a bit sore, with some slight swelling or a small lump as well. After reading a few comments and older posts, the pattern seems to be that the abdominal area gives people trouble while the thigh behaves, so naturally I am the reverse. My abdomen does carry a lot more fat than my thighs, though. Maybe I clipped a blood vessel; with my test cyp shots that usually bruises and hurts right away, which did not happen here. Today I am going back to the abdomin and will see what tomorrow brings. View attachment 162
Here's hoping the reaction calms itself down in a week or two.

When you pin the testosterone, does it ever go subcutaneously, or is it muscle only?
 

Attachments

  • 13d9be81212753e63d553d02963886f2713d8e80b8a55400cbb104946442a8a6.gif
    13d9be81212753e63d553d02963886f2713d8e80b8a55400cbb104946442a8a6.gif
    2 MB · Views: 47
Vuja said:

Heavytruck said:

Three days in so far. 50 mg mixed into 3ml bac water. The first two went into the upper abdomin, the third into my left outer thigh. My draw is 12 units, so a 2mg dose, and nothing stung or reacted at all — until this morning's thigh shot, which I woke up to find red, a bit sore, with some slight swelling or a small lump as well. After reading a few comments and older posts, the pattern seems to be that the abdominal area gives people trouble while the thigh behaves, so naturally I am the reverse. My abdomen does carry a lot more fat than my thighs, though. Maybe I clipped a blood vessel; with my test cyp shots that usually bruises and hurts right away, which did not happen here. Today I am going back to the abdomin and will see what tomorrow brings. View attachment 162
Here's hoping the reaction calms itself down in a week or two.

When you pin the testosterone, does it ever go subcutaneously, or is it muscle only?
Testosterone stays intramuscular, and the only two spots I swap between are the left and the right thigh. My wife used to handle the glute shots for me; that stopped over a year ago. Today's GHK dose just went into my lower right abdomen. Still no pain, nothing — so I suppose we wait and watch.
 
b_rad80 said:

My own experience: shooting into the love handles left me with a huge welt that burned for ages, plus a mark that hung around a week or more. Down at the backside there is nothing — no burn, no ache, no welt, no mark, and my day carries on as normal! Perhaps those childhood belt-lashings from my old man left that spot permanently numb! 🤣
100% my experience as well. KLOW into the love handles gave me a week of an enormous red welt.. Worst of the lot. Stomach was an improvement, but the backend was SO much better than both. Concentration may also be part of it. My first recon used 2ML and stung badly, so I corrected it by adding another ML for 3ML in total, and the stinging stopped.
 
Back
Top