UpDownLeftRightAS* said:
I'm puzzled by the folks calling semaglutide garbage. As a GLP-1 receptor agonist, it still acts on GLP-1, which is among the main pathways behind tirzepatide and retatrutide too. Semaglutide ranked among the earliest highly effective medications in this class, and it remains a very effective drug.
For maintenance, I personally view it as an excellent choice. Besides quieting food noise, it put a stop to my fingernail biting nearly right away, after I'd done it my whole life. That's just my own experience, of course, but many of my minor compulsive habits and behaviors appeared to dissolve almost instantly, and GLP-1, rather than the GIP or Glucga add-ons in the molecule, looks like the cause.
If losing weight is the only aim, current data indicate tirzepatide usually yields larger average weight loss than semaglutide, and a lot of people consider it a more powerful appetite suppressant.
In my own maintenance routine, I take semaglutide on Sundays plus a small morning dose of retatrutide on Wednesdays, and so far that has served me well.