Confused about Tesa and Bloods — need help

Meritocrat said:


That depends on what effects the individual is targeting, wouldn't you say?

What would you want from the GH?

Click to expand...

0cd191922bf4b9931482112427c490995a4d7424cb083c425d0b2156986af152.gif
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:


???

Click to expand...
IGF-1 is what drives essentially all of GH's anabolic action, and how much muscle someone can build is capped by satellite cell activation that comes from somites. Below is what the AI had to say.

These are the main hormones that influence the satellite cell pool:

Testosterone and Androgens

  • Direct Proliferation: Testosterone attaches straight to androgen receptors located on satellite cells. This causes them to divide quickly and raises the overall absolute count of satellite cells that can be recruited for muscle repair.
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) & MGF

  • The Activation Switch: IGF-1 produced locally sits right in the satellite cell microenvironment. After mechanical damage, it serves as the main "on" switch. [1, 2]
  • Differentiation: It pushes satellite cells that have been activated to become myoblasts — the precursor cells that fuse together physically to repair tears. [1, 2]
  • Mechano-Growth Factor: Mechanical stress turns IGF-1 into MGF, which stretches the cell's protein synthesis window to as long as 72 hours after exercise. [1]

Growth Hormone (GH)

  • Mobilization: Growth Hormone typically does not act on the cells by itself. Rather, it does so by driving systemic IGF-1 production.
So when chasing anabolic effects, I'd rather cycle IGF and MGF... alongside TRT, obviously... No insulin resistance, joint problems, bloat, and so on.
 
Meritocrat said:


All anabolic effects of GH are primarily due to IGF-1, and one's muscle growth is limited by somite-originated satellite cell activation. Here's the AI explanation.

The primary hormones impacting your satellite cell pool include:

Testosterone and Androgens

  • Direct Proliferation: Testosterone directly binds to androgen receptors on satellite cells. This action forces them to multiply rapidly and increases the total absolute number of satellite cells available for muscle repair.
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) & MGF

  • The Activation Switch: Localized IGF-1 is found directly inside the satellite cell microenvironment. It acts as the primary "on" switch following mechanical damage. [1, 2]
  • Differentiation: It forces activated satellite cells to transform into myoblasts, which are the precursor cells that physically fuse together to fix tears. [1, 2]
  • Mechano-Growth Factor: Mechanical stress converts IGF-1 into MGF, extending the cell's protein synthesis window for up to 72 hours post-exercise. [1]

Growth Hormone (GH)

  • Mobilization: Growth Hormone does not usually act on the cells alone. Instead, it works by stimulating systemic IGF-1 production.
Hence, I would prefer cycling IGF and MGF when looking for anabolic effects... with TRT of course... No insulin resistance, joint issues, bloat, etc.

Click to expand...

Meritocrat said:


All anabolic effects of GH are primarily due to IGF-1, and one's muscle growth is limited by somite-originated satellite cell activation. Here's the AI explanation.

The primary hormones impacting your satellite cell pool include:

Testosterone and Androgens

  • Direct Proliferation: Testosterone directly binds to androgen receptors on satellite cells. This action forces them to multiply rapidly and increases the total absolute number of satellite cells available for muscle repair.
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) & MGF

  • The Activation Switch: Localized IGF-1 is found directly inside the satellite cell microenvironment. It acts as the primary "on" switch following mechanical damage. [1, 2]
  • Differentiation: It forces activated satellite cells to transform into myoblasts, which are the precursor cells that physically fuse together to fix tears. [1, 2]
  • Mechano-Growth Factor: Mechanical stress converts IGF-1 into MGF, extending the cell's protein synthesis window for up to 72 hours post-exercise. [1]

Growth Hormone (GH)

  • Mobilization: Growth Hormone does not usually act on the cells alone. Instead, it works by stimulating systemic IGF-1 production.
Hence, I would prefer cycling IGF and MGF when looking for anabolic effects... with TRT of course... No insulin resistance, joint issues, bloat, etc.

Click to expand...
Oh great, if AI declared it, then it must be gospel! Here we go again with another one of those sheep.
 
Reading through this thread is painful. A leg mentioned out of nowhere, claims that tesa beats hgh for visceral fat that make no sense, and someone saying glps lower glucose while also advising against pairing a glp with hgh.

Yes, a finger prick is plenty to track whether fasting glucose rises on hgh or tesa.

If reta is in the mix, it hits visceral fat aggressively regardless. By the way, while on hgh my visceral fat — already low per dexa — dropped by another 1lb even as I gained 20lbs during a bulk. I stayed between 3-4 iu and fasting glucose never moved.
 
gusterbuster said:

Reading through this thread is painful. A leg mentioned out of nowhere, claims that tesa beats hgh for visceral fat that make no sense, and someone saying glps lower glucose while also advising against pairing a glp with hgh.

Yes, a finger prick is plenty to track whether fasting glucose rises on hgh or tesa.

If reta is in the mix, it hits visceral fat aggressively regardless. By the way, while on hgh my visceral fat — already low per dexa — dropped by another 1lb even as I gained 20lbs during a bulk. I stayed between 3-4 iu and fasting glucose never moved.
Seems like the leg thing went over your head? On most of it, I'm with you.
 
CNCCurrency said:

gusterbuster said:

Reading through this thread is painful. A leg mentioned out of nowhere, claims that tesa beats hgh for visceral fat that make no sense, and someone saying glps lower glucose while also advising against pairing a glp with hgh.

Yes, a finger prick is plenty to track whether fasting glucose rises on hgh or tesa.

If reta is in the mix, it hits visceral fat aggressively regardless. By the way, while on hgh my visceral fat — already low per dexa — dropped by another 1lb even as I gained 20lbs during a bulk. I stayed between 3-4 iu and fasting glucose never moved.
Seems like the leg thing went over your head? On most of it, I'm with you.
I understand what you're saying, but going back to the opening post, the leg thing was arbitrary since it had nothing to do with glucose readings.

And honestly, in my mind, tacking on a random leg to this whole mess was hilarious.

Also, I'm not convinced tesa or hgh does much to preserve muscle while cutting. It pulls water into the muscle, which dexa will read as more lean mass. I've been running 4iu hgh during this cut and my strength loss is exactly what I'd expect if I were taking nothing. I mean, hgh was studied at 18iu for muscle wasting in AIDS patients, so I doubt they'd go that high if 4 iu did the job — prescription serostim costs more than a mortgage at that dose.
 
gusterbuster said:

CNCCurrency said:

gusterbuster said:

Reading through this thread is painful. A leg mentioned out of nowhere, claims that tesa beats hgh for visceral fat that make no sense, and someone saying glps lower glucose while also advising against pairing a glp with hgh.

Yes, a finger prick is plenty to track whether fasting glucose rises on hgh or tesa.

If reta is in the mix, it hits visceral fat aggressively regardless. By the way, while on hgh my visceral fat — already low per dexa — dropped by another 1lb even as I gained 20lbs during a bulk. I stayed between 3-4 iu and fasting glucose never moved.
Seems like the leg thing went over your head? On most of it, I'm with you.
I understand what you're saying, but going back to the opening post, the leg thing was arbitrary since it had nothing to do with glucose readings.

And honestly, in my mind, tacking on a random leg to this whole mess was hilarious.

Also, I'm not convinced tesa or hgh does much to preserve muscle while cutting. It pulls water into the muscle, which dexa will read as more lean mass. I've been running 4iu hgh during this cut and my strength loss is exactly what I'd expect if I were taking nothing. I mean, hgh was studied at 18iu for muscle wasting in AIDS patients, so I doubt they'd go that high if 4 iu did the job — prescription serostim costs more than a mortgage at that dose.
Even when we won't own up to it, a train wreck is something everyone enjoys watching.
 
A finger prick works perfectly fine for monitoring an increase in fasting glucose while on hgh or tesa.

Thanks a lot!!! That's exactly the answer I was after!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

A finger prick works perfectly fine for monitoring an increase in fasting glucose while on hgh or tesa.

Thanks a lot!!! That's exactly the answer I was after!
How is that being measured?
 
CNCCurrency said:


Mine is 5.1 using hgh and reta. So not an issue! Just because others are uncontrolled they hate on hgh every chance the get on here.

Click to expand...

It's possible I'm not reading your meaning correctly. 🤔

Getting a 5.1 A1c while on HGH and reta is impressive. 💙

My take is that bringing up blood sugar isn't automatically "hating on HGH."

Based on what I've come across, it goes smoothly for some and not for others.

So to me, keeping an eye on things seems like the wise move. How are you thinking about this?
 
Back
Top