Confused about Tesa and Bloods — need help

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
Alright, I've posted in a few GH threads before and I'm definitely no expert. I've got HGH and Tesa sitting here, and I want to start one of them, but my blood sugar is a real worry.

Back when I began this glp1 experiment, my ac1 was 5.7. Now it's 5.3. I really don't want to end up in diabetes territory, but I'd also like the 1 to 2iu benefits that gh might give me — at least I want to try it.

My question is about bloodwork. Could I just buy an Amazon finger stick machine and go from there? I asked my doctor for more bloodwork and they said " We just checked a couple months ago, not happening "

And yeah, I've been around here long enough that I should know the answer, but I don't. What's the best and easiest way to make sure using gh or tessa isn't going to kill me?
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Oh, I have ipamorelin on hand as well and I'm thinking about using it too, so any input on this would be really helpful!





ba8609a3431f05aab16857da7edbc477c2b67b4b77643d139ab3368428d262f4.webp


Tesa won't give you results like these.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

Once you're done cutting fat with Tesa, switch to HGH for recomposition and gaining muscle
What's the reason for that?
Tesa works as a GH secretogoblin, and it's said to aim at visceral fat reduction. When Tesa triggers GH pulses, that ought to be tolerable. But as soon as the bulking phase starts and the calorie deficit isn't as extreme anymore, you could switch to straight GH so its anabolic effects across every pathway get utilized. GH also has an impact on hunger receptors, after all.
 
Meritocrat said:

CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

Once you're done cutting fat with Tesa, switch to HGH for recomposition and gaining muscle
What's the reason for that?
Tesa works as a GH secretogoblin, and it's said to aim at visceral fat reduction. When Tesa triggers GH pulses, that ought to be tolerable. But as soon as the bulking phase starts and the calorie deficit isn't as extreme anymore, you could switch to straight GH so its anabolic effects across every pathway get utilized. GH also has an impact on hunger receptors, after all.
I keep hearing that Tesa is a GH secretogoblin with a supposed focus on visceral fat reduction. That claim doesn't add up in my head, and wouldn't hgh work better for that?
 
CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

Once you're done cutting fat with Tesa, switch to HGH for recomposition and gaining muscle
What's the reason for that?
Tesa works as a GH secretogoblin, and it's said to aim at visceral fat reduction. When Tesa triggers GH pulses, that ought to be tolerable. But as soon as the bulking phase starts and the calorie deficit isn't as extreme anymore, you could switch to straight GH so its anabolic effects across every pathway get utilized. GH also has an impact on hunger receptors, after all.
I keep hearing that Tesa is a GH secretogoblin with a supposed focus on visceral fat reduction. That claim doesn't add up in my head, and wouldn't hgh work better for that?
That's exactly why that claim never made sense to me either. From what I can wrap my head around, secretagogues produce a GH release that's closer to what the body naturally does — a pulse of somatotropin — whereas going straight to GH supplementation tends to create a more synthetic, drawn-out presence. That would crank up GH's effects, sure, but it also raises the odds of side effects. That's my take, anyway. I've come across more mentions of sides tied to real GH use, while with secretagogues the thing I keep hearing about most is water retention.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

CNCCurrency said:

Meritocrat said:

Once you're done cutting fat with Tesa, switch to HGH for recomposition and gaining muscle
What's the reason for that?
Tesa works as a GH secretogoblin, and it's said to aim at visceral fat reduction. When Tesa triggers GH pulses, that ought to be tolerable. But as soon as the bulking phase starts and the calorie deficit isn't as extreme anymore, you could switch to straight GH so its anabolic effects across every pathway get utilized. GH also has an impact on hunger receptors, after all.
I keep hearing that Tesa is a GH secretogoblin with a supposed focus on visceral fat reduction. That claim doesn't add up in my head, and wouldn't hgh work better for that?

RJ760 said:

CNCCurrency said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Oh, I have ipamorelin on hand as well and I'm thinking about using it too, so any input on this would be really helpful!





View attachment 11482

Tesa won't give you results like these.
What on earth am I even staring at here?
That's exactly it
 
On this forum, almost everybody is using a GLP medication. It hasn't been studied in a human clinical trial, but it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the blood glucose–lowering action of glp drugs will outweigh any glucose increase from low-dose tesa or gh. Are you currently using reta or tirz, I'm guessing?

Your situation does warrant some extra caution, even though glp drugs would act the same way. The first hb1ac came in at 5.7, which sits at the very bottom of the impaired glucose tolerance / pre diabetes bracket, while the newer result of 5.1 is fine. That simply means monitoring sugars more frequently plus hb1ac now and then, and having igf-1 tested. My suggestion would be to run tesa or hgh without a glp drug — given possible pre diabetes, that's not a wise move.
 
lessthanhalf said:

On this forum, almost everybody is using a GLP medication. It hasn't been studied in a human clinical trial, but it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the blood glucose–lowering action of glp drugs will outweigh any glucose increase from low-dose tesa or gh. Are you currently using reta or tirz, I'm guessing?

Your situation does warrant some extra caution, even though glp drugs would act the same way. The first hb1ac came in at 5.7, which sits at the very bottom of the impaired glucose tolerance / pre diabetes bracket, while the newer result of 5.1 is fine. That simply means monitoring sugars more frequently plus hb1ac now and then, and having igf-1 tested. My suggestion would be to run tesa or hgh without a glp drug — given possible pre diabetes, that's not a wise move.
My recommendation would be to run tesa or hgh on its own, without a glp
064e06bb531a77d4bcbc5b10b63517c5b228de259af7f7f07173ade9c6526ce5.gif
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright, I've posted in a few GH threads before and I'm definitely no expert. I've got HGH and Tesa sitting here, and I want to start one of them, but my blood sugar is a real worry.

Back when I began this glp1 experiment, my ac1 was 5.7. Now it's 5.3. I really don't want to end up in diabetes territory, but I'd also like the 1 to 2iu benefits that gh might give me — at least I want to try it.

My question is about bloodwork. Could I just buy an Amazon finger stick machine and go from there? I asked my doctor for more bloodwork and they said " We just checked a couple months ago, not happening "

And yeah, I've been around here long enough that I should know the answer, but I don't. What's the best and easiest way to make sure using gh or tessa isn't going to kill me?
Blood sugar isn't the only thing worth keeping an eye on. A finger stick meter is a cheap and reasonable place to begin, but I'd also want a baseline IGF1 with a follow-up check 4–8 weeks later. IGF1 tells you roughly how much GH effect you're actually getting, whether the choice is GH or tesa, whereas fasting glucose (or ideally a CGM, which isn't too costly) shows whether your blood sugar is being impacted.

Going from an A1c of 5.7% down to 5.3% means you're already in a fairly good spot 😉 . My approach would be to track the trends instead of stressing about one individual reading. Tesamorelin and GH aren't guaranteed to leave blood sugar untouched, but checking IGF1 alongside glucose ought to paint a fairly clear picture of your response.
 
Jfrick11 said:


I'd monitor more than just blood sugar. A finger stick meter is a good, inexpensive starting point, but I'd also get a baseline IGF1 and recheck it after 4–8 weeks. Whether you're using GH or tesa, IGF1 gives you an idea of how much GH effect you're actually getting, while fasting glucose (or Ideally and not too expensive a CG) , tells you whether it's affecting your blood sugar.

With an A1c that has gone from 5.7% to 5.3%, you're starting from a pretty good place 😉 . I'd just watch the trends rather than obsessing over any single reading. Neither GH nor tesamorelin is automatically blood sugar neutral, but monitoring IGF1 and glucose together should give you a pretty good picture of how you're responding.

Click to expand...
With hgh and reta, mine sits at 5.1, so it's not a problem! Some people just can't keep things in check, and that's why they jump at every opportunity on here to hate on hgh.
 
CNCCurrency said:


Mine is 5.1 using hgh and reta. So not an issue! Just because others are uncontrolled they hate on hgh every chance the get on here.

Click to expand...
Glucose numbers aren't why I dislike HGH...lol
 
Estarossa19 said:

Get your bloodwork done through Goodlabs, then have AI analyze the results. Doctors belong to a bygone era.
bro, if you're turning to AI for medical guidance, you're not gonna last long
 
Back
Top