Comparing Semax, Selank, Epitalon with Their NA Counterparts

Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

The NA Semax with adamantane is called Adamax, while NA Selank with adamantane goes by Adalank. For either to qualify as the genuine article, the adamantane cage has to sit at the C-terminus of the amino chain. Both compounds also come in NA Amidate forms, yet those fall short of the adamantane versions when it comes to bioavailability and potency. Finding Adamax is far simpler than finding Adalank, but you must check that the molecular weight reads 1032 Da—otherwise you've been scammed.

On top of that, my own experience is that IN works far better than SQ. Here's a useful clip breaking down the reasoning:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/p9AvS6GCOnc?si=a8WWYvQXJFjajrfr
That clip caught my attention @Chili777...it sounds like you've tried both routes and nasal wins for you??

I had no clue every rodent study was done IN....how on earth do you get a rat to operate a nasal sprayer? 😂

I believe I've come across some peps sold as IN ...but can I simply draw from a vial and make my own injectable nasal spray??? is that your method? and does it only apply to adamax ?
I figure they must have come up with really small spray containers 😂 I really don't know.

Adamax is something I only take subcutaneously. For intranasal use, it feels too strong to me. Even subcutaneously, the amount needed is small—250-350 mcg.

For Semax, Selank, and Epitalon, I've found intranasal administration to be the most effective. P21 is another one I prefer intranasally over subcutaneously, slightly. A few months back I wrote a post on how I prepared it. Every one of these sprays follows the same preparation method; the only difference is the concentration, and that's what determines the dose.




Which peptide gave you real, noticeable results?



There were some interesting patterns in that last thread about peptides that didn't work. Hearing the reverse—which peptide actually did work for you—seems like it would be interesting. What did you notice, and how long did it take? In my case, reta produced effects within the first week, and I have been...

View attachment 12546


GLP1Chat.com
Great write-up - you covered everything and included the amz links for the IN spray - thanks @Chili777 - really appreciate it !

I'll give that a shot - I noticed you mentioned Cerebrolysin - yet another brain pep.

Broadly speaking - would you say the majority of neuron affecting peps are better delivered via nasal ?

Dihexa is something I'm looking into
Broadly speaking, my take is that these work better and you get more bioavailability through that route, though not in every case. Cerebrolysin has to be given IM or IV (in a hospital setting). That's not something I'd spray into my nose. As for Dihexa, sourcing it can be a challenge and what you typically come across is the tablet version. There isn't much research out there, and my own exposure is limited to reading about it. Here's a solid place to begin: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/dihexa
The version I came across comes in vials of 10mg.

From what I gather, nobody has disputed the patent covering the dihexa pill...that said, based on what you've shared, IN could raise its bioavail...
 
Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

The NA Semax with adamantane is called Adamax, while NA Selank with adamantane goes by Adalank. For either to qualify as the genuine article, the adamantane cage has to sit at the C-terminus of the amino chain. Both compounds also come in NA Amidate forms, yet those fall short of the adamantane versions when it comes to bioavailability and potency. Finding Adamax is far simpler than finding Adalank, but you must check that the molecular weight reads 1032 Da—otherwise you've been scammed.

On top of that, my own experience is that IN works far better than SQ. Here's a useful clip breaking down the reasoning:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/p9AvS6GCOnc?si=a8WWYvQXJFjajrfr
That clip caught my attention @Chili777...it sounds like you've tried both routes and nasal wins for you??

I had no clue every rodent study was done IN....how on earth do you get a rat to operate a nasal sprayer? 😂

I believe I've come across some peps sold as IN ...but can I simply draw from a vial and make my own injectable nasal spray??? is that your method? and does it only apply to adamax ?
I figure they must have come up with really small spray containers 😂 I really don't know.

Adamax is something I only take subcutaneously. For intranasal use, it feels too strong to me. Even subcutaneously, the amount needed is small—250-350 mcg.

For Semax, Selank, and Epitalon, I've found intranasal administration to be the most effective. P21 is another one I prefer intranasally over subcutaneously, slightly. A few months back I wrote a post on how I prepared it. Every one of these sprays follows the same preparation method; the only difference is the concentration, and that's what determines the dose.




Which peptide gave you real, noticeable results?



There were some interesting patterns in that last thread about peptides that didn't work. Hearing the reverse—which peptide actually did work for you—seems like it would be interesting. What did you notice, and how long did it take? In my case, reta produced effects within the first week, and I have been...

View attachment 12546


GLP1Chat.com
Great write-up - you covered everything and included the amz links for the IN spray - thanks @Chili777 - really appreciate it !

I'll give that a shot - I noticed you mentioned Cerebrolysin - yet another brain pep.

Broadly speaking - would you say the majority of neuron affecting peps are better delivered via nasal ?

Dihexa is something I'm looking into
Broadly speaking, my take is that these work better and you get more bioavailability through that route, though not in every case. Cerebrolysin has to be given IM or IV (in a hospital setting). That's not something I'd spray into my nose. As for Dihexa, sourcing it can be a challenge and what you typically come across is the tablet version. There isn't much research out there, and my own exposure is limited to reading about it. Here's a solid place to begin: https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/dihexa
The version I came across comes in vials of 10mg.

From what I gather, nobody has disputed the patent covering the dihexa pill...that said, based on what you've shared, IN could raise its bioavail...
As far as I'm aware, no intranasal schedule exists for it — you'd be charting unknown territory. With SQ, the amounts themselves are already hefty, landing at 8-10 mg. Getting that much in through the nose seems impractical, since a good portion would end up trickling into your throat. If it were up to me, that route wouldn't be my choice.
 
Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

The NA Semax with adamantane is called Adamax, while NA Selank with adamantane goes by Adalank. For either to qualify as the genuine article, the adamantane cage has to sit at the C-terminus of the amino chain. Both compounds also come in NA Amidate forms, yet those fall short of the adamantane versions when it comes to bioavailability and potency. Finding Adamax is far simpler than finding Adalank, but you must check that the molecular weight reads 1032 Da—otherwise you've been scammed.

On top of that, my own experience is that IN works far better than SQ. Here's a useful clip breaking down the reasoning:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/p9AvS6GCOnc?si=a8WWYvQXJFjajrfr
That clip caught my attention @Chili777...it sounds like you've tried both routes and nasal wins for you??

I had no clue every rodent study was done IN....how on earth do you get a rat to operate a nasal sprayer? 😂

I believe I've come across some peps sold as IN ...but can I simply draw from a vial and make my own injectable nasal spray??? is that your method? and does it only apply to adamax ?
I figure they must have come up with really small spray containers 😂 I really don't know.

Adamax is something I only take subcutaneously. For intranasal use, it feels too strong to me. Even subcutaneously, the amount needed is small—250-350 mcg.

For Semax, Selank, and Epitalon, I've found intranasal administration to be the most effective. P21 is another one I prefer intranasally over subcutaneously, slightly. A few months back I wrote a post on how I prepared it. Every one of these sprays follows the same preparation method; the only difference is the concentration, and that's what determines the dose.




Which peptide gave you real, noticeable results?



There were some interesting patterns in that last thread about peptides that didn't work. Hearing the reverse—which peptide actually did work for you—seems like it would be interesting. What did you notice, and how long did it take? In my case, reta produced effects within the first week, and I have been...

View attachment 12546


GLP1Chat.com
For each of these compounds (Semax, Selank, Epitalon, P21), I'd really like to hear what you've found through testing or personal outcomes regarding how IN and SQ doses compare in size. After multiple sinus operations, I've lost the majority of my turbinate tissue—the part that would take up an intranasal dose—so IN ends up useless and aggravating. If you have any perspective on PE-22-28 as well, comparing SQ versus IN, that's another option I'm considering. Thanks so much.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 4
3Ljeffy said:

Chili777 said:

Riviera said:

Chili777 said:

The NA Semax with adamantane is called Adamax, while NA Selank with adamantane goes by Adalank. For either to qualify as the genuine article, the adamantane cage has to sit at the C-terminus of the amino chain. Both compounds also come in NA Amidate forms, yet those fall short of the adamantane versions when it comes to bioavailability and potency. Finding Adamax is far simpler than finding Adalank, but you must check that the molecular weight reads 1032 Da—otherwise you've been scammed.

On top of that, my own experience is that IN works far better than SQ. Here's a useful clip breaking down the reasoning:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/p9AvS6GCOnc?si=a8WWYvQXJFjajrfr
That clip caught my attention @Chili777...it sounds like you've tried both routes and nasal wins for you??

I had no clue every rodent study was done IN....how on earth do you get a rat to operate a nasal sprayer? 😂

I believe I've come across some peps sold as IN ...but can I simply draw from a vial and make my own injectable nasal spray??? is that your method? and does it only apply to adamax ?
I figure they must have come up with really small spray containers 😂 I really don't know.

Adamax is something I only take subcutaneously. For intranasal use, it feels too strong to me. Even subcutaneously, the amount needed is small—250-350 mcg.

For Semax, Selank, and Epitalon, I've found intranasal administration to be the most effective. P21 is another one I prefer intranasally over subcutaneously, slightly. A few months back I wrote a post on how I prepared it. Every one of these sprays follows the same preparation method; the only difference is the concentration, and that's what determines the dose.




Which peptide gave you real, noticeable results?



There were some interesting patterns in that last thread about peptides that didn't work. Hearing the reverse—which peptide actually did work for you—seems like it would be interesting. What did you notice, and how long did it take? In my case, reta produced effects within the first week, and I have been...

View attachment 12546


GLP1Chat.com
For each of these compounds (Semax, Selank, Epitalon, P21), I'd really like to hear what you've found through testing or personal outcomes regarding how IN and SQ doses compare in size. After multiple sinus operations, I've lost the majority of my turbinate tissue—the part that would take up an intranasal dose—so IN ends up useless and aggravating. If you have any perspective on PE-22-28 as well, comparing SQ versus IN, that's another option I'm considering. Thanks so much.
That sounds rough. Sinus problems have been part of my life too — years of chronic infections — until balloon sinuplasty gave me real relief.

When it comes to short chain peptides at 1000 Da or less, the intranasal route tends to outperform everything else. Uptake is generally good, and these molecules can travel along the trigeminal and optic nerves straight into the brain. Delivering them IN places the peptide exactly where it's needed. Since hepatic filtering is bypassed, bioavailability ends up higher — that filtering can otherwise cut it down. You're not saturating the whole body and then hoping enough survives the BBB long enough to matter.

None of that makes SQ useless — it's simply less efficient. I've run both routes myself and lean toward IN, though SQ remains workable. Dosing stays roughly the same either way. Pep-pedia lists protocols for both approaches.

Adding an extra pin is another option. Semax usually holds for 3-4 hours regardless of route, so a second dose at the 2-3 hour mark could offset the hepatic filtering. I'd avoid any Semax derivative past 2 pm, though, since it can disrupt sleep — at least in my case it does. Selank via SQ a couple hours before bed also helps me fall asleep faster, particularly on Reta pin days.

I've got some PE-22-28 incoming from a GB. That one has my research interest as well.
 
Chili777 said:

Yep, I looked into each of them. Think of Semax as 85 octane, NA as 91, and Adamax as 100. If Semax has worked for you and you feel a response, then the others simply offer more. NA runs a higher price and Adamax costs even more, so the sensible move is to begin with Semax and observe how your body reacts. Given that you're already picking up NA, that should do the job as well. It simply has a longer duration and packs slightly more strength compared to regular Semax.
Are you loading it into nasal spray bottles? Which ones have worked reliably for you?
 
desinr-gal said:

Chili777 said:

Yep, I looked into each of them. Think of Semax as 85 octane, NA as 91, and Adamax as 100. If Semax has worked for you and you feel a response, then the others simply offer more. NA runs a higher price and Adamax costs even more, so the sensible move is to begin with Semax and observe how your body reacts. Given that you're already picking up NA, that should do the job as well. It simply has a longer duration and packs slightly more strength compared to regular Semax.
Are you loading it into nasal spray bottles? Which ones have worked reliably for you?
For my spray setup I rely on the Snoot! bottles sold through Amazon. Each one dispenses roughly 0.10 mL, so dosing math stays simple. From what I recall, testing done here showed the actual output a touch under that figure, though filling a bit extra compensates. Details on what I purchased to mix my spray are in this post:

Post in thread 'Selank + Semax--nasal? Effects?' /community-link/thread/9077/
 
I got the free version of Gemini (not the paid tier, haha) to put this table together. I think it's pretty handy.

Adamax frequently still ships without the adamantane moiety (that end cap/extension), though the alanine-glycine extension is typically present, and the amidate cap may be there as well.

"Ada"-lank is in even rougher shape, since I don't think the adamantane moiety is actually included by anyone… it's essentially na-selank-amidate… possibly? You really have to check the molecular weight to know for certain. The amide group brings the molecular weight down by 1. Don't ask me why — I'm already in too deep. My guess is it has to do with how the measurement is done? I think they burn it and then weigh what's left, but I could be mixing that up with something else. The adamantane cage contributes a lot of weight, so that one's simpler to spot.

At this pace, if I keep studying semax/selank, I feel like I'm well on my way to just enrolling in an organic chemistry class 😅
 
In short, there are several variants: the standard version, a version with an N-Acetyl group, a version with an N-acetyl group plus an amide cap, a version with an N-acetyl group and the AG bridge (possibly also with an amide cap), and a version with an N-acetyl group, the bridge, and an adamantane cage.

According to Gemini (or at least that's what it seems to think), everything hinges on how the Chinese chemist interprets the formula… and how much they're willing to spend on the raw materials.
 
Back
Top