Combining Tirz and Reta — any advice?

funkytwisternumber9 said:

ToeMittens said:

I’d like to jump into this thread too, because I’m after similar guidance.

My details:

47/F

Beginning weight: 235 lbs

Now holding steady near 145 lbs

I began Tirz in December ‘23, and by June ‘24 I had increased step by step to 15 mg each week.

In March ‘26 I went up to 20 mg weekly.

My weight loss had already flattened roughly 12 months ago. Given my starting point, I mostly accepted that, but more recently the food noise has started returning and I’ve noticed myself choosing poorer options. If possible, I’d like to lose another 10-15 lbs. I recently raised my dose to 20 mg per week, which gave me some improvement. Last week I began dividing the dose into 10 mg twice weekly (Tuesday PM and Saturday AM), and that has helped further. Still, I worry that this peptide may be close to the limit of what it can do for me, so I’m exploring other options.

A few months back I came across the whole Grey market world. At first I only went that route to cut costs (thinking about how much I’ve wasted at Mochi across the last 30 months… /cry), but reading all this research has shown me possibilities I hadn’t considered.

One idea is possibly changing to a Reta/Cagri stack. My thinking is that I’d want to gradually replace Tirz with Reta and finish that change before attempting to add Cagri, but I can’t decide what amount to begin with. Nearly every post I’ve seen comes from people using 10/mg or less of Tirz weekly. At my current Tirz dose, would a Reta dose of 2 mg/week even register for me? Should I test that for several weeks while keeping my Tirz dose unchanged? Should I reduce my Tirz dose once I begin Reta?

Has anyone else transitioned away from such a high Tirz dose as it stops working as well? Any ideas, suggestions, or guidance? Am I over- or under-thinking this? Are there other peps you’d suggest for someone like me who is in the early stages of Peri?

If you got through all of that, thanks for reading! I’m so grateful for this community!
Those compounding pharmacies rubbed me the same way! 350 for 5 mg of tirz is absolutely wild! And the reddit resellers — I won't even go there. Pure greed stacked on greed stacked on greed stacked on greed. Anyway, I'm happy that thread turned out helpful for you 🤞🏼
Glad to have you here! 😍 😍 After you start exploring and keep exploring.. there's no turning back... it's crazy once you realize how much info (and how many deals) are available here..

Take care!
 
Before the price went up, I dropped roughly 30kg using Mounjaro from big pharma. After pausing for a few months, I switched to grey-market Tirz and gradually titrated back to 15mg. It gave me nothing whatsoever, so a week ago I introduced Reta. My dose was 10mg tirz alongside 2mg reta. Only 7 days in, my appetite is completely gone and there's no food noise. I genuinely feel much lighter, and I suspect a lot of water was being held, which Reta appears to have resolved. A kg has already come off — the first change I've seen in 6 months — so I'm pleased. Zero side effects, so my plan is to taper tirz down to 5mg slowly and only raise the reta when necessary.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

Wecandothis said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

Today is Tirz injection day for me. I'm still unsure about my next step.

Should I just stay at 10mg and call it good?

Or keep the 10mg Tirz and add 0,5-1mg reta now, or hold off until later this week?

Or instead bump Tirz up to 12,5mg?

So many choices....
Add Reta in and you'll have no regrets
Yeah, I've made up my mind to go ahead with it. The only thing left to figure out is the timing and the dose. I'm leaning toward Wednesday, since my 10mg tirz shot was yesterday, and then either 0,5mg or 1mg of reta. Even with 2900 calories daily, more than 200g protein, and lifting weights 5 days a week, I'm still dropping weight.
I simply dose around the middle of the week. Begin Reta at around .5 and gauge your response. Down the line, you'll lower your tirz. My own combo is 2.5 tirz alongside 6.0 Reta
 
Back
Top